UKPC Parking charge for non display?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So this afternoon i found a parking ticket on my windscreen, i went to Frankie and Bennys for lunch, the pay and display is free for 2 hours but you still have to get the free ticket from the machine, i simply forgot to get one, 2 hours later i see a ticket on my windscreen.

What is your advice, ive been issued with a PARKING CHARGE £90 if paid within 28 days but reduced to £50 if paid within 14 days.

Thanks

Ian

The advice is to ignore the company. They can only claim for actual material loss that has been suffered. In this case it's zero. Do not communicate with the company and ignore all correspondence from them. UKPC are in court next month facing various charges brought by Trading Standards.

The thing is on the Parking charge it says time first seen 15:00 and issue time 15:08 :lol: i read this as uve seen the car for 8 mins and youve given me a ticket,

Also i wasnt even the car park for 2 hours yet they give me a ticked so if they have cctv they can time the time of me being parked there, by the way this was in a retail park.

They can`t enforce it, same as if I sent you a fine cos I don`t like your shoe colour and demand a million pounds...

Private companies cannot issue fines only send threatening letters of court etc they would lose anyway so they never bother.

Just ignore it and get on with your life with a big smile.

It doesn't matter where you are parked, you don't owe them a penny.

Cant they still take me to court etc... as i didnt read their signs and get the free ticket? i see cases where these companys such as OPC take people to court?!

What i cant understand is, if they always fail then why does this country let these companys, let them do what they want?

Im stressed i have no experience about ths shense finding this site, like many others?!

What i cant understand is, if they always fail then why does this country let these companys, let them do what they want?

Im stressed i have no experience about ths shense finding this site, like many others?!

Well their immoral not illegal, You could put a sign on your front door saying anyone knocking here has to pay me £10. Only no one would pay and you would have a problem convincing a court that the fee was reasonable!

This private companies are in the exact same position. They can ask you to pay, you can simply decline. [by ignoring them]

Yes dont contact them, I had same with NCP wihich I thought big big company, appealled,(always ignore with standard letter) then found this site and they had trouble convincing me as each letter arrived, more scary than the last!

I was even told all the 6 or so letters would say and who they are from.

Like what I said earlier, I could start a private parking company and it would be the same as if I started a "watch your colour shirt co" and fined people if I didn`t like the colour of their shirt.

It`s simply that the former would be more convincing to people as there are "real" parking enforcement in the form of council wardens etc so we KNOW they exist.

We are just not sure about the law when it comes to these fake ones that cannot enforce anything, despite what their website may say and what letters they send.

They are simply relying on the numbers game and people`s ignorance to the law and scaring people with bad words like CCJ, debt collection and magistrates court.

Yes I was worried but finally convinced and thought , well if I end up in court and end up paying a bit more then so be it, but if I end up paying nothing at all then I have won, so I got my 6 letters and it finished!

Just like magic! Well just like the people on this site said it would so I sent 10% of the "fine" to this website for their time.

Then proceeded to tell all my friends and family about it and have saved them money too!

because ive seen cases on here where people have ignored them and they have been taken to court and sometimes lost and sometimes won

I can tell you now that there is a 99.999999% chance that this will never go to court. This is especially true of this particular parking company who are themselves due in court next month facing several criminal charges.

If you are so stressed out about it pay them £50, you have no need to, people have told you to ignore them. If you cant take the stress pay them before it increases!

But don't be surprised if it does not end there!! We have seen people pay and then get a letter saying their payment was processed late and they now owe the full charge. Or being charged again for the same ticket!

Two choices then pay or ignore!

because ive seen cases on here where people have ignored them and they have been taken to court and sometimes lost and sometimes won

You're letting emotion take precedence over fact, which is exactly the response these clowns try to encourage.

Chance of court is still

Over the years we've seen about 45 court cases, out of probably a million tickets. The PPC's have won about 8 of them.

So you have about a 1 in 125,000 chance of being taken to court. That's about half as much chance of getting 5 numbers on the lottery.