chipsandsausages v halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to you.

Like I said before my claim runs at the same time as yours.I have not once heard anything from the bank not even `we have received your letters etc`

Shall keep an eye on yours because youy will know before I do.

Best of luck to you

Sean

DPA Letter sent 28 Feb

• Statements Received 24 Mar
  • Prelim sent 24 Mar
  • LBA sent 12 Apr
  • MCOL 26 Apr
  • Acknowledged 3 May
  • Coming soon:

£2810 inc int. Halifax. Done and Dusted 16/05/06

Dont forget to donate

With regard to the 28 days, as i read it, it is only from the date of service which would be 1st may.

I think it only means the 14 days to reply is so they dont default but not to give them another 28 days,28 days is the total.

I hope this is correct, in which case we will know what the outcome will be by 29th May.

That is right. :)

Filing an acknowledgement of service buys them another couple of weeks in which to file a defence, so 28 days from the date of service in all.

chips...I doubt from what other posters have said that it will go to court but please don't fret if it does. As long as you have limited the claim to less than £5,000 it will be heard by a district judge in the small claims court. The hearing will take place in his/her private office - no wigs, gowns, members of the public and you don't even have to take a formal oath. :) It'd be you, the Halifax legal representative and the district judge. They are usually extremely helpful when dealing with a lay person facing a lawyer.

• Haha 1

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Proceedings issued....and acknowledged. [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Counting down to the 21st....[/SIZE][/FONT] [URL="http://thebighub.co.uk"]http://thebighub.co.uk[/URL]

Can I ask which other bank you have opened your parachute with? I have just sent my DPA letter off and would like to have the parachute before I go to the next stage.

Regards, Hawkesi

Halifax Joint A/C - Data Protection Act letter sent 2 May 06.

Preliminary letter sent 6 June 06.

LBA sent 27 June 2006.

Halifax Standard Derisory Offer received 12 July 2006.

MCOL Claim Filed 1 August 2006.

My parachute is with Nat West. I already have a little business a/c with them - and I'm a good customer - money goes in, money goes out. Always in credit.

I had no problem opening another account. They even asked me if I wanted an overdraft facility (lol!) - which I accepted, although I am treading carefully. I have arranged for my salary in May to be paid in to that account and have arranged direct debits for just under that amount to come out.

I'll keep my tax credits and child benefit going into the Halifax - once my overdraft is clear with them - I can use that money for what it was intended for. (My daughter needs new school shoes!!!)

I will be okay for cash as soon as I get straight. Hope yours goes well too.

Good luck x

• Haha 1

Thanks M8tey

Halifax Joint A/C - Data Protection Act letter sent 2 May 06.

Preliminary letter sent 6 June 06.

LBA sent 27 June 2006.

Halifax Standard Derisory Offer received 12 July 2006.

MCOL Claim Filed 1 August 2006.

The Halifax have acknowledged the claim with the courts on April 28th.

Keep your fingers crossed everyone! :D

Halifax acknowledged my claim with intent to defend and about a week later I got 2 mysterious cash credit in my account that added up to exact amount of claim inc costs and interest. I phoned Halifax and they confirmed it was an 'internal' transfer' and a day later I got this in writing - though I asked them for that saying I wouldn't stop the claim till they did - It won't be long now!! :)

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

Halifax acknowledged my claim with intent to defend and about a week later I got 2 mysterious cash credit in my account that added up to exact amount of claim inc costs and interest. I phoned Halifax and they confirmed it was an 'internal' transfer' and a day later I got this in writing - though I asked them for that saying I wouldn't stop the claim till they did - It won't be long now!! :)

Hey that's great! If my case goes the same way, then they should pay up on Thursday, which is great - because they're about to bounce my council tax again on Friday!!!!

I remember reading a similar story about a guy who said the money mysteriously appeared in his account - no letter or anything!

I have put a file together with all the information that BF has posted re: letters, going to court etc. just in case of "worse scenario". I have recruited about ten new members to the BAG anyway. My mum being one of them, seems like we're all just holding each others' hand (just like the contestants on Deal or No Deal!) and wishing each other the best of luck!!

speak soon x

Good luck chipsandsausage - My claim is running at the same time as yours - I have received an acknowledgement of service this morning stating the Halifax intend to defend....which gives them till about the 1st June to file a defence. I am waiting with baited breath to see what their defence is going to be - maybe we will all find out finally how their charges are made up?? I hope so, it would help everyone else on here so much! :-)

Halifax - DPA sent 03/03/06.

Prelim Letter - Sent 27/03/06 ignored.

LBA sent 10/04/06 - Ignored

Moneyclaim filed - 26.04.06

Acknowledgement received 3rd May. Halifax state they intend to defend.

Halifax Settled in Full - 17 May 2006

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

Minw is running at exactly the same time as well.

Should be fun then

DPA Letter sent 28 Feb

• Prelim sent 24 Mar
  • LBA sent 12 Apr
  • MCOL 26 Apr
  • Acknowledged 3 May
  • Coming soon:

Dont forget to donate

I've not been paid out yet.....grrrrrr........

The fact is, they have 28 days to file their defence..... is that 28 days from the date they acknowledged? That is April 28th. or 28 days from "the date in which it is deemed to be served" which was May 1st?

Either way, month end should be looking pretty good for me.

Council tax bounced again..... good job our council are pretty laid back - I'm not going to be able to pay it now till I get my money - they are taking another £90 in charges on Tuesday.

I have written to them and asked them to cut me some slack, no reply yet. I've advised them I will run another claim alongside my exisiting one if they ignore me.

This is fun isn't it? If it wasn't so tragic it'd make a great reality TV show.

I've got people where I work e-mailing me now, for the address to the BAG - word gets around, doesn't it?????

Till I have more news.......

x

Its 28 days from when they are deemed to be served which gives us both the date of 29/05/06 for them to enter a defence of some kind.

I am so looking forward to the end of the month to see how it goes.

Good luck and happy claiming.

DPA Letter sent 28 Feb

• Prelim sent 24 Mar
  • LBA sent 12 Apr
  • MCOL 26 Apr
  • Acknowledged 3 May
  • Coming soon:

Dont forget to donate

hi

With regard to your CH benefit, it is illegal for the bank to recover charges from a state benefit, it means that the bank are in effect profiting from the government. If they are using your child benefit to cover your bank charges (which it seems is what you are saying) it may be worth reminding them that they are in fact breaking the law, you are paid this money to provide for your child not so they can increase their profits and line their pockets even more.

It's taking the food from the mouths of children

Outragous

I agree with your sentiments entirely, although I'm not sure if I could prove they were "using my Child benefit to line their own pockets". They could say they are simply taking their charges and that I am using my child benefit to pay it back!!!

It's all a very sticky business... I mean... really..... my daughter needed new shoes for school - as the ones she was wearing were literally falling off her feet. I did not have a single penny to sort her out, and had to borrow it. It makes you so ashamed.... I am working TWO jobs for pity's sake!! I am having to supplement my income even more now by doing extra hours on a sunday for the nurse bank (which pays double time) - but means I won't see my kids on the one day that we all get to spend together as a family.

Outrageous?

Down right disgraceful!

In fact, I hope it DOES get to court - I'm rolling my sleeves up already.........

x

I agree with your sentiments entirely, although I'm not sure if I could prove they were "using my Child benefit to line their own pockets". They could say they are simply taking their charges and that I am using my child benefit to pay it back!!!

It's all a very sticky business... I mean... really..... my daughter needed new shoes for school - as the ones she was wearing were literally falling off her feet. I did not have a single penny to sort her out, and had to borrow it. It makes you so ashamed.... I am working TWO jobs for pity's sake!! I am having to supplement my income even more now by doing extra hours on a sunday for the nurse bank (which pays double time) - but means I won't see my kids on the one day that we all get to spend together as a family.

Outrageous?

Down right disgraceful!

In fact, I hope it DOES get to court - I'm rolling my sleeves up already.........

x

This just makes my blood boil - yes it is outrageous, it is downright criminal exploitation IMO...

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

It makes you so ashamed....

It does doesn't it? :-( I'm an intelligent adult ffs and I loathe being treated like an irresponsible child and told off for failing to "manage" my money. Well it's bleddy hard when they've taken over £200 in charges and left you with sweet fanny adams.

My daughter has a school trip a week Tuesday and will expect spending money. Thing is that's the day funds go into the account. I just hope I can withdraw a tenner for her very early (say 7am) otehrwise she'll have to take some of her birthday money and I'll have to repay her when she gets home. :x

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Proceedings issued....and acknowledged. [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Counting down to the 21st....[/SIZE][/FONT] [URL="http://thebighub.co.uk"]http://thebighub.co.uk[/URL]

My daughter has a school trip a week Tuesday and will expect spending money. Thing is that's the day funds go into the account. I just hope I can withdraw a tenner for her very early (say 7am) otehrwise she'll have to take some of her birthday money and I'll have to repay her when she gets home. :x

Do you know what? You're right!

My child benefit went in today - has put me back within my overdraft limit, but only by about £50.

I am going out right now to withdraw it - and put it in an envelope in my drawer where the halifax can't use it to pay their own charges.

At least if my kids need anything till I get paid, the money will be there.

Council tax was bounced again on Friday - another letter today notifying me that'll be another £39. I will be going to moneyclaim again on Friday for the further charges they have levied. I wrote a prelim on April 28th. No response whatsoever - not even a leaflet! :p Then LBA on May 4th. I said I would only give them 7 days this time - but I'll wait till the 12th - that's another £39. That will mean they will have had 14 days to refund the new charges.

I wrote them a real sob story letter - stating that I have 2 kids - no money to feed or clothe them as it is all being taken out in their charges. Hard-nosed as they are, they are ignoring me. Well not any more!

I have a mood ring - that tells my husband what mood I am in, it changes colour - you know the type? When I'm in a good mood it turns green. When I'm in a bad mood, it leaves a red mark on his forehead.

I'll keep you up to date...... xx

When I'm in a bad mood, it leaves a red mark on his forehead.

:D

Have you opened another account hon? I've applied for a Nat West STEP account. it's pretty basic but at least the money going in there will be away from the grubby little mitts of the Halifax. :evil: And all mine. :p

You know I haven't enjoyed myself so much in ages. Even though I have a way to go just feeling back in control makes you feel so much betetr doesn't it?

Yep, all done and dusted. In fact I took a tremendous amount of pleasure in going into my Halifax branch today to cancel all my standing orders and Direct debits..... the teller looked at me with a "knowing grin" like "I know what YOU'RE doing!!" I said, "I will have to sign new direct debit mandates with these companies won't I? .... with my new account details on?"

He just nodded.

I, too, have gone to Nat West.

I know they too have customers who have been poorly treated, but to be honest, they have always been okay with me. You get a nice binder to keep your statements in and regular statements too.

But let's face it. What bank isn't in it to make a few quid out of you??

If I can keep my direct debits at level par with my salary, then I'll be okay. Even with my little 2nd job that pays cash every week (Yes - I DO pay tax on it!) (self employed) I can use that for little luxuries like clothing!!!!

I went to the cashpoint today and drew out what was left of my child benefit.

Still no defence been filed. Clock is ticking..... tick tock....

Every day I get a step closer to getting my money - and my self respect - back!

Just want to have something to show for my hard work. I don't smoke, don't go out drinking (odd glass of wine at home) - can't afford to have a social life!!!:lol:

Thanks for all your support guys..... will keep you all posted. (I ALWAYS say that!) x

(((hug))) xxx

Just want to have something to show for my hard work. I don't smoke, don't go out drinking (odd glass of wine at home) - can't afford to have a social life!!!:lol:

Snap! Last weekend daughter (age 10) and I went out with my Mum and we ended up being treated to coffee and lemonade in M&S. Daughter said later how she'd love to do stuff like that more often. It would be lovely. :cool: Just to be able to wander into H&M or Next or Monsoon with her and not only fancy a dress or pair of trousers but to be able to buy it for her without worrying about whether I have enough money. I ache to spoil them sometimes and feel terrible that I can't.

I have a son who lives 200 miles away from me who i try and see every month.As you can imagine quite expensive.

With the charges back i can go and see him and take him on a lovely holiday.He is only 6 bless him.

DPA Letter sent 28 Feb

• Prelim sent 24 Mar
  • LBA sent 12 Apr
  • MCOL 26 Apr
  • Acknowledged 3 May
  • Coming soon:

Dont forget to donate

I have a son who lives 200 miles away from me who i try and see every month.As you can imagine quite expensive.

With the charges back i can go and see him and take him on a lovely holiday.He is only 6 bless him.

That must be terrible for you Sean. :( If it was just upto me I'd move back to west Wales nearer my family. It gets complicated if the children are ill and I no longer have any contact with their father's family who are only 12 miles away. We didn't fall out - I just don't think they really know what to do with me anymore. I don't fit into any of their happy family pigeonholes. :D But I stay put here (I have some grand friends) so that my children can stay close to their father and to their own friends and stay in the same school etc. He's moved back into Cardiff and gripes about the 12 mile trip up to collect them. He'd be apoplectic if I moved further away...and 200 miles - well I don't know how often they'd see him then.

Sorry chips...will stop hijacking your thread now. ;-) :smile:

hope you dont mind im following your progress, it just gives me so much inspiration to go ahead now, thanks to everyone.

im just about to send my lba, im just going through my bank statements now just to make sure i have the correct amount!

good luck chipsandsausages and to ev1!!!

Halifax preliminary letter sent 17/05/06 charges £2661.00

Bog Standard blah blah blah letter received 22nd May 2006.

received lengthy letter dated 24th May 2006 offering £605 pah!

letter before action sent registered 5th June 2006

letter received in response to lba offering £1801.00 errrrr no ta

court action filed 23rd June 2006

deemed served to bank on25th June 2006

notice of acknowledgement of service has been filed

they intend to defend

7th july received letter PAYING IN FULL!!!

10th July cash deposit £112.58

10th July cash deposit £2869.00

:D :D :D :D

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL

Just to let you know, still they are ignoring me. I have sent a few letters asking for refund of the further charges they have slapped on me since moneyclaim was initiated. Absolutely no response whatsoever - not even a leaflet!

So off to moneyclaim I go - I'll wait till Monday, just to show I'm not heartless!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks