• Tweets

• Know it has already been answered, but? Does not explain why JCI has registered a different default date when they get the information from the original creditor, Virgin
    • Since you were stopped at the time there is no requirement for the police give you anything there and then or to send you anything before they have decided how to deal with the offence.  They have three choices: Offer you a course Offer you a fixed penalty (£100 and three points) Prosecute you in court  The only option that has a formal time limit is (3). They must begin court proceedings within six months of the date of the alleged offence. Options (1) and (2) have no time limit but since the only alternative the police have if you decline those offers is (3) they will not usually offer a course beyond three months from the date of the offence and will not usually offer a fixed penalty beyond four months from that date. This is so as to allow time for the driver to accept and comply with their offer and to give them the time to go to option (3) if he declines or ignores it.  Unless there is a good reason to do otherwise, the action they take will usually be in accordance with the National Police Chiefs' Council's guidance on speeding enforcement. In a 40mph limit this is as follows Up to 45mph - no action. Between 46mph and 53mph - offer a course Between 54mph and 65mph - offer a fixed penalty Over 65mph - prosecution in court So you can see that 54mph should see you offered a fixed penalty. Three weeks is not overly long for a fixed penalty offer to arrive. As well as that, there has been Easter in that period which will have slowed things down a bit. However, I would suggest that if it gets to about two months from the offence date and you have still heard nohing, I would contact the ticket office for the area where you were stopped to see if anything has been sent to you. Of course this raises the danger that you might be "stirring the hornets' nest". But in all honesty, if the police have decided to take no action, you jogging their memory should not really influence them. The bigger danger, IMHO, is that your fixed penalty offer may have been sent but lost and if you do not respond it will lapse. This will see the police revert to option (3) above. Whilst there is a mechanism in these circumstances  to persuade the court to sentence you at the fixed penalty level (rather than in accordance with the normal guidelines which will see a harsher penalty), it relies on them believing you when you say you did not received an offer. In any case it is aggravation you could well do without so for the sake of a phone call, I'd enquire if it was me.  I think I've answered all your questions but if I can help further just let me know. Just a tip - if you are offered a fixed penalty be sure to submit your driving licence details as instructed. I've seen lots of instances where a driver has not done this. There will be no reminder and no second chance; your £100 will be refunded and the police will prosecute you through the courts.
    • Looks similar to you original email to their Complaints team. I dont rate copypasta for a CEO complaint. Rewrite it with emotion involved as to how badly this is affecting you and make them feel embarrassed for their actions... 
    • Well, not quite the trouncing they deserve, and Andy Street suffering - despite distancing himself from the poops and being a good mayor (and despite the rather ridiculous muslim voter labour boycott across regions - did they really want the tories to stay in power?) - But not bad at all The Reformatory goons managed two council seats didn't it - out of over 300 they tried for ..     
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

XXXXXXXXXX – Rossendales

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

its well worth contacting the Minister for Justice I emailed this week and the more we can send over the better!

Agree with you entirely, Mellymoo. The more peeps who tell Secretaries and Ministers of State and their MPs what is going on, the better. Involving the media can be a good move as well, especially if an incident or case is serious or bordering on serious.

Have you heard back from the Minister of State at the MoJ yet?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with you entirely, Mellymoo. The more peeps who tell Secretaries and Ministers of State and their MPs what is going on, the better. Involving the media can be a good move as well, especially if an incident or case is serious or bordering on serious.

Have you heard back from the Minister of State at the MoJ yet?

OK,

I've already contacted some of the addresses in the above posts, those I haven't yet I will be doing. As for the OFT and Rossendale's credit fitness, I found the following details on other posts and internet searches, so they too will be sent details when the full report is completed.

Company Name: Rossendales Limited

Company Reg No: 1501584

Credit Licence No.: 0594823

Hopefully this wholly corrupt and obnoxious company that is Rossendales is closed down and the smile wiped from the face of the egregious Mrs Green-jones

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

OK,

I've already contacted some of the addresses in the above posts, those I haven't yet I will be doing. As for the OFT and Rossendale's credit fitness, I found the following details on other posts and internet searches, so they too will be sent details when the full report is completed.

Company Name: Rossendales Limited

Company Reg No: 1501584

Credit Licence No.: 0594823

I would send the complaint to OFT Credit Fitness Team and Trading Standards asap.

Hopefully this wholly corrupt and obnoxious company that is Rossendales is closed down and the smile wiped from the face of the egregious Mrs Green-jones

I feel it is more a matter of Julie Green-Jones' fitness to act as a company director and that of her fellow directors that is the main issue. They are the ones in charge of the company and, ultimately, responsible for any misconduct, including law-breaking, by Rossendales' employees.

Had a response from Debbie Sugg his PA.

Everything is with my MP already done OFT and they are putting it with the other complaints and not heard back from the LGO yet

My views are based on experience I would always urge you to do some further research and if in doubt seek legal advice.

Letter to the Humberside Police Authority

Humberside Police Authority

Pacific Exchange

40 High Street

Hull

HU1 1PS

12/08/12

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Humberside Police Crime Management Branch Ref: xx/xx

I'm writing to complain to the Humberside Police Authority about the force's negligence in handling a complaint made for the attention of the Chief Constable. The complaint (copy enclosed) was made in reference to Humberside Police’s Economic Crime Section where in connection with two separate incidents it demonstrated that it was its policy not to take seriously allegations of fraud when made against a local authority.

The letter was dealt with by Xxxx Xxxxx, Detective Chief Superintendent – Head of Crime, and his reply (copy enclosed) was in itself clearly another example of the Police fobbing off members of the public. The complaint was barely addressed and probably not read, which demonstrated a lack of responsibility to the taxpaying public and struck me as being arrogant, especially considering who it is that pays his salary.

All records are on file and so are available, but here is a sample of Humberside Police’s attitude to allegations of fraud in connection with North East Lincolnshire council's bailiff contractor Rossendales Ltd:

"
As you rightly say tens of thousands of people are in a similar position to yourself. No one other than you has argued this is a criminal matter worthy of police investigation to me during my 5 years in this post."

If you require any or all correspondence relating to the two occasions I needed to involve Humberside Police’s Economic Crime Section, these can be sent as email attachments. Letters involving the IPCC and Humberside Police's Professional Standards Department can also be sent if required; in fact correspondence involving the LGO and North East Lincolnshire council which are all relevant are also archived.

To add an important note here, I've read on the Humberside Police Authority's website that a formal complaint against a Chief Officer will be overseen by the Independent Police Complaints Commission. I have been down this route before, and quite frankly my experience of the IPCC’s involvement has been, metaphorically, a "final kick in the teeth" with no demonstration of impartiality.

The outcome, like all complaints procedures dictated by statute, was completely biased towards the organisation and had merely been an exercise in riding out the complaint as unfounded. I therefore have no confidence whatsoever in the ability of the IPCC to conduct an impartial assessment of the issues and would appreciate that this is not referred to the IPCC, the force itself or the Professional Standards Department.

Hopefully where all other departments, organisations etc., chose the route of least resistance which has been to turn a blind eye, I hope the Humberside Police Authority will find the moral responsibility and the cojones to look seriously into these issues.

Yours sincerely

outlawla

Received (in response to the above) through the door this morning from the Humberside Police Authority's "Member Support Manager"

Policeauthorityedit16Aug2012.jpg

Pacific Exchange

40 High Street

Hull

HU1 1PS

20/08/2012

Dear Ms Xxxxxx

It must have taken some skill to concentrate such a quantity of bullxxxx as that which was crammed into the 16 August letter.

Please be assured I will be raising my objections to cabinet ministers about organisations which leech public funds such as the IPCC, LGO and evidently the Humberside Police Authority for their incompetence and quite clearly “couldn’t give a xxxx” attitude.

During my periods of paid employment I’ve never had the luxury of simply being able to state, that because procedures are laid down in statute, I'm not going to do my job. This today, appears to be the get-out-of-jail-free card that all employees of public authorities play to “DO NOTHING”.

I would appreciate an honest explanation as to why so called ombudsman services, independent watchdogs and governing bodies such as the police authority exist. My perception is they are in place at the taxpayer's expense to cover the backs of the police and local authorities to promote an acceptable public image. Something which if was otherwise dealt with by a truly independent, fair, unbiased system would reveal something quite different.

It must have been implied, if not specifically stated in my letter, that these statutory complaint systems, are in my opinion a complete sham.

There is a worrying aspect to how attempts are made to automate complaints procedures for what can only be assumed are cost cutting purposes. The consequences of this must inevitably be a lowering of standards, not to mention the rejection of thousands of complaints, not fitting rigid qualifying criteria for investigation.

It is hiding behind legislation and turning a blind eye to simply state that complaints have by law to be dealt with in a specific way. This confirms procedures have been automated to the point that they no longer serve any useful purpose for the public – functioning only to streamline how quickly submissions are rejected.

It is completely absurd to have a complaints system where the governing body dictates to the complainant what they can and cannot raise as a complaint. I would therefore be interested in how such a dysfunctional system, devised for the purpose of burying complaints, came in to being.

You won’t have an answer though, it seems nobody is accountable for anything, if it’s not written down in statute or anyone’s jurisdiction, the problem does not exist to the robots, designated the job to fob-off the complainant.

Though a dysfunctional system for the public, it is clearly advantageous for the increasingly authoritarian state, and in my opinion has been criminally introduced into all public bodies where an advantage can be gained from burying certain issues.

These are allegations of serious failings within publicly funded organisations which are being totally ignored. There is no accountability; everything is conveniently someone else’s jurisdiction.

However, it seems all employees are happy taking home their salaries in exchange for the least effort and commitment to the public who are forced to fund them. Evidently no one gives a damn about anything which is not their jurisdiction, nor do they feel obliged to state whose it is.

Humberside Police Authority is an authority in name alone. Legislation governing its statutory complaints procedure has made sure its hands are tied and has no autonomy to act in the interest of the public. How is it possible for an organisation to become so robotic that serious criminal allegations are ignored merely because they don’t trigger the correct zeros and ones?

Is there no facility within the organisation where staff members or officers can raise their concerns about the flawed system? And, if there is such a resource, does nobody bother to use it?

The Complaint

Back to the specifics of my 12 August 2012 letter, and why it had been deemed not in connection with the Chief Constable.

In my letter I clearly stated in the opening paragraph that the complaint was:

about the force's negligence in handling a complaint made for the attention of the Chief Constable
.”

A copy of the letter to the Chief Constable dated 6 May 2012, and the response to it, were both enclosed for reference.

I was of the understanding that the responsibility for dealing with complaints against the Chief Constable was the Police Authority’s and it seems you have confirmed this in your August 12 letter:

However, the Police Authority is not responsible for dealing with complaints submitted against the Force, unless the complaint is about the conduct of an Officer at the rank of Assistant Chief Constable, Deputy Chief Constable or the Chief Constable
.”

It seems from reading the Police Authority’s website under a section outlining its role and responsibilities, holding the Chief Constable to account is its core statutory duty:

Role and Responsibilities

Humberside Police Authority’s core statutory duty is to secure the provision of an efficient and effective police service and to hold the Chief Constable to account for the exercise of his/her functions and those of persons under his/her direction and control on behalf of the public of the Humberside policing area.

From the response already received from the Police and the Police Authority I think it understandable to say I’m being fobbed off by both.

Consequently I request you make the Chief Executive Xxxx Xxxxx aware of my concerns.

In the meantime I will attach all correspondence in an email for his attention.

Yours sincerely

Edited by outlawla

Makes you feel reassured that the Local Government Ombudsman tailors its responses to each individual complaint and doesn't just send out generic, one fits all letters.

LGO-11June2012.jpg

Can anyone spot the difference?

LGO-11thJune2010.jpg

Edited by outlawla

Local Government

Ombudsman

31 August 2012

Dear Mr outlawla

Complaint against North East Lincolnshire Council

I write following our letter of 11 June 2012. I am sorry for not writing to you before now but this was because of my heavy workload.

As you are dissatisfied with the decision on your complaint the Ombudsman, Mrs Seex, has asked me to review the file on her behalf. I am a Senior Investigator in a different team to Mr D*ck and have had no previous involvement in your complaint. I should stress that my role is to review the file, not to reinvestigate the complaint.

I have read all the information on the file very carefully including your letter of 1 May 2012 and your email of 17 June 2012. l am sorry to disappoint you further, as l appreciate how strongly you feel, but I support Mr D*ck's decision to close your complaint. Let me explain.

You made an error when paying your Council tax bill. You used the wrong reference number. The Council then sought a Liability Order in June 2011. The Council located the payments you made in error and credited it to your account. The liability order was then quashed and the bailiffs' costs were waived.

Mr D*ck decided that the Council was not at fault in taking recovery action by way of a liability order. He also pointed out that you had a responsibility to ensure any payments you made were made out to the correct account. He also told you that the Local Government Ombudsman does not have any jurisdiction to consider the actions of the Magistrates Court. Mr D*ck considered your decision not to give the Council information about the payments you had made. He acknowledged your strong feeling particularly about the use of the bailiffs but he concluded that there was no outstanding injustice to you.

You say that Mr D*ck's consideration of your complaint was incompetent and that he was not thorough enough. I disagree. He is correct to say that there is simply no outstanding injustice to you. I acknowledge that it cannot be pleasant to receive a liability order and to have contact from the bailiffs. But the primary cause of these actions was your error in failing to pay the outstanding council tax to the correct account. Mr D*ck competently considered all the papers and arrived at a sound decision that there was no outstanding injustice to you. In this context there was no need for him to consider your complaint further.

As you point out the Local Government Ombudsman and the Parliamentary Ombudsman do have the power to conduct joint investigations. However, you have made a complaint to the Parliamentary Ombudsman about the action of the Magistrates Court. You do not say what the outcome of that office's consideration of your complaint is. But if they feel there is fault by the Magistrates Office that can only be remedied by a joint investigation with us they will refer the matter to the Local Government Ombudsman. However, there is no need for us to do this because we have decided that there is no outstanding injustice that would persuade us to investigate your concerns about the Council.

In your section 'Tricks of the Trade' you make a number of comments about the reasons you were contacted by Mr D*ck and you also assume he had prejudged your complaint. There is no evidence on file that support your statements here. Mr D*ck contacted you to hear your side of the story - something the Local Government Ombudsman asks all investigators to do.

You say that the Council did not contact you to ask you to provide details of the payments you had made until after the liability order was secured. You say that you had offered to supply the Council with bank statements.

Mr D*ck acknowledges your position on these points in paragraph 4.3 of his decision. He could have opted to contact the Council to explore this further but he did not because either way there was no outstanding injustice to you. He acted reasonably here.

You give examples of previous cases and reports that we have issued. You suggest they are comparable to yours and question why we sought remedies in those cases and not yours. I disagree that they are so similar to your case. Each case has to be judged on its own merits and an important difference in your case is that you made an erroneous payment.

Turning to your allegation that a crime has happened, namely serious fraud. I'm sure you will appreciate that any such allegations should be made to the police.

I have included all the information we received from the Council in line with your request of 17 June. I can confirm that Mr D*ck made his decision without the need to make enquiries of the Council.

This letter completes the Ombudsman's consideration of your complaint and my decision is final. We will not correspond with you any further on this matter.

Yours sincerely

A. Leech

Senior Investigator

Enc: letters from the Council dated 23 December 2011, 16 January 2012 and 17 January 2012 (Post #72 and #73)

Edited by outlawla

• 2 weeks later...

Pacific Exchange

40 High Street

Hull

HU1 1PS

20/08/2012

Dear Ms Xxxxxx

It must have taken some skill to concentrate such a quantity of bullxxxx as that which was crammed into the 16 August letter.

Please be assured I will be raising my objections to cabinet ministers about organisations which leech public funds such as the IPCC, LGO and evidently the Humberside Police Authority for their incompetence and quite clearly “couldn’t give a xxxx” attitude.

During my periods of paid employment I’ve never had the luxury of simply being able to state, that because procedures are laid down in statute, I'm not going to do my job. This today, appears to be the get-out-of-jail-free card that all employees of public authorities play to “DO NOTHING”.

I would appreciate an honest explanation as to why so called ombudsman services, independent watchdogs and governing bodies such as the police authority exist. My perception is they are in place at the taxpayer's expense to cover the backs of the police and local authorities to promote an acceptable public image. Something which if was otherwise dealt with by a truly independent, fair, unbiased system would reveal something quite different.

It must have been implied, if not specifically stated in my letter, that these statutory complaint systems, are in my opinion a complete sham.

There is a worrying aspect to how attempts are made to automate complaints procedures for what can only be assumed are cost cutting purposes. The consequences of this must inevitably be a lowering of standards, not to mention the rejection of thousands of complaints, not fitting rigid qualifying criteria for investigation.

It is hiding behind legislation and turning a blind eye to simply state that complaints have by law to be dealt with in a specific way. This confirms procedures have been automated to the point that they no longer serve any useful purpose for the public – functioning only to streamline how quickly submissions are rejected.

It is completely absurd to have a complaints system where the governing body dictates to the complainant what they can and cannot raise as a complaint. I would therefore be interested in how such a dysfunctional system, devised for the purpose of burying complaints, came in to being.

You won’t have an answer though, it seems nobody is accountable for anything, if it’s not written down in statute or anyone’s jurisdiction, the problem does not exist to the robots, designated the job to fob-off the complainant.

Though a dysfunctional system for the public, it is clearly advantageous for the increasingly authoritarian state, and in my opinion has been criminally introduced into all public bodies where an advantage can be gained from burying certain issues.

These are allegations of serious failings within publicly funded organisations which are being totally ignored. There is no accountability; everything is conveniently someone else’s jurisdiction.

However, it seems all employees are happy taking home their salaries in exchange for the least effort and commitment to the public who are forced to fund them. Evidently no one gives a damn about anything which is not their jurisdiction, nor do they feel obliged to state whose it is.

Humberside Police Authority is an authority in name alone. Legislation governing its statutory complaints procedure has made sure its hands are tied and has no autonomy to act in the interest of the public. How is it possible for an organisation to become so robotic that serious criminal allegations are ignored merely because they don’t trigger the correct zeros and ones?

Is there no facility within the organisation where staff members or officers can raise their concerns about the flawed system? And, if there is such a resource, does nobody bother to use it?

The Complaint

Back to the specifics of my 12 August 2012 letter, and why it had been deemed not in connection with the Chief Constable.

In my letter I clearly stated in the opening paragraph that the complaint was:

about the force's negligence in handling a complaint made for the attention of the Chief Constable
.”

A copy of the letter to the Chief Constable dated 6 May 2012, and the response to it, were both enclosed for reference.

I was of the understanding that the responsibility for dealing with complaints against the Chief Constable was the Police Authority’s and it seems you have confirmed this in your August 12 letter:

However, the Police Authority is not responsible for dealing with complaints submitted against the Force, unless the complaint is about the conduct of an Officer at the rank of Assistant Chief Constable, Deputy Chief Constable or the Chief Constable
.”

It seems from reading the Police Authority’s website under a section outlining its role and responsibilities, holding the Chief Constable to account is its core statutory duty:

Role and Responsibilities

Humberside Police Authority’s core statutory duty is to secure the provision of an efficient and effective police service and to hold the Chief Constable to account for the exercise of his/her functions and those of persons under his/her direction and control on behalf of the public of the Humberside policing area.

From the response already received from the Police and the Police Authority I think it understandable to say I’m being fobbed off by both.

Consequently I request you make the Chief Executive Xxxx Xxxxx aware of my concerns.

In the meantime I will attach all correspondence in an email for his attention.

Yours sincerely

Humberside Police Authority Chief Executive's Response

Policeauthorityedit12Sept2012.jpg

Edited by outlawla

So, in his reply the chief exec focussed more on his objection to the strongly expressed opinions than the obvious negligence and cover-ups etc that I've been tackling over the last 3 or 4 years.

What does this guy expect! Some kind of love letter, when I'm effectively making allegations that the police force and its Independent Complaints body, and now the police authority are turning a blind eye to, and covering-up the systematic fraud abetted by local authorities in enforcement operations.

He's shown himself to be another useful idiot acting for the government to keep the truth suppressed, while taking taxpayer's money for doing so. I don't know if the chiefs of police authorities are on big money, but if so that would really rub salt in....

He's also shown himself to be completely ignorant as far as his knowledge of the law is concerned. If he has no idea himself, you would have thought he'd taken advice before putting in writing that a bailiff, thieving, or attempting to thieve from a debtor while enforcing liability orders for local authorities was "not a matter for the police or its governing body and it would be an abuse of their powers for them to become so involved in these circumstances". I wonder if it has dawned on him yet that investigating crime is in fact exactly what the police should be interested in and if he regrets putting this in writing?

Outlawla,

Have you tried dealing with NELC through a legal professional? Local authorities tend to take things a lot more seriously when complaints are submitted through legal professionals.

I'm going to have to think along those lines old bill. However, I have something up my sleeve which I think I've mentioned before about bringing much more than the bailiff aspect to the attention of a certain office. This is taking some time, as I'm having to rely on certain government departments to confirm some issues. As you'd imagine, these are the slipperiest of all people to deal with.

EDIT:

I have taken the required steps needed to have a legitimate right to complain about the chief constable of Humberside police. This guy is making his own rules up by closing the matter without going through correct procedures.

Edited by outlawla

Date: 14 Sept 2012

To: chiefexec

Subject: Complaint about Humberside Police crime management branch

Dear Mr Xxxxx

Re: Complaint about Humberside Police Crime Management Branch

I have received your letter this morning and have very serious concerns about what it is you think the role of the police is in connection with organisations and private firms defrauding the public. This is particularly disturbing, in light of you being the chief executive of the Humberside Police Authority.

With regards to bailiffs, thieving, or attempting to thieve from a debtor while enforcing liability orders for local authorities, it is completely outrageous that you should state "it is not a matter for the police or its governing body and it would be an abuse of their powers for them to become so involved in these circumstances"

If you are completely ignorant of the law I would have thought you'd have taken some advice before putting in writing such an absurd statement.

I have had enough experience dealing with people like you who take money off the taxpayer to keep issues buried, to know that you will now likely refuse to communicate any further. However, I'm now making formal accusations that you are defrauding the taxpayer by clearly not acting in their interest. I would like to know if you have the balls to deal with this or take the cowards way out and burry this issue.

P.S. I have taken the required steps needed to have a legitimate right to complain about the chief constable of Humberside police. You appear to be making up you own rules up by closing the matter without going through correct procedures.

Yours sincerely

Edited by outlawla

Outlawla,

A police authority has nothing to do with the operational policy or day-to-day running of a police force, although a police authority can refer a chief constable's conduct to the Home Secretary. Other than that, they have no statutory powers over operational policing.

Your posts exhibit a lot of emotion which is understandable, taking account of the way you have been treated by NELC and their attack dogs. The problem you have come up against, where Humberside Police is concerned, is their lack of knowledge of bailiff law. This is not entirely their fault, but, nevertheless, they should not dismiss bailiff misconduct out of hand.

I feel that in the interests of getting this matter sorted out and preventing this protracted matter from affecting your health, which it will do, eventually, you would be best to hand the matter over to a legal professional. In my experience, local authorities and police forces tend to take matters more seriously if an approach is made through a legal professional.

State bodies and their agents make mistakes. Individual members of the public would be be charged with criminal offences, for doing similar.

The Police and Police authorities are partly funded by council authorties, so they are hardly likely to investigate any wrong doing.

You would better off contacting media publications that are likely to support your case. e.g New Statesman. If you took any civil action, you would be up against the state machine. Better to try to embarass the council through publicity, attending public meetings to raise the issue etc.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

A police authority has nothing to do with the operational policy or day-to-day running of a police force, although a police authority can refer a chief constable's conduct to the Home Secretary.......

This was what I was trying to achieve.

I went through the necessary steps by submitting a complaint to the chief constable so I could subsequently go through proper channels at the police authority when the inevitable, unsatisfactory response was given.

How can he justify saying this?

"
it is not a matter for the police or its governing body and it would be an abuse of their powers for them to become so involved in these circumstances
"

This was what I was trying to achieve.

I went through the necessary steps by submitting a complaint to the chief constable so I could subsequently go through proper channels at the police authority when the inevitable, unsatisfactory response was given.

How can he justify saying this?

"
it is not a matter for the police or its governing body and it would be an abuse of their powers for them to become so involved in these circumstances
"

See if you can get them to confirm in writing that investigating an alledged crime is not a matter for the Police, that is effectively what they are saying, but be nice to get it in more clear wording.

You could probably try some sort of civil action against the Police, and there is the possibility of civil prosecution, but I imagine both are not cheap.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If a Police Authority appears to be acting like numpties, you do have the option of pursuing the matter with the Home Secretary, Outlawla. However, I would strongly recommend you do so through a legal professional. When complaints are being raised at that level, the input of a legal professional can be invaluable.

See if you can get them to confirm in writing that investigating an alledged crime is not a matter for the Police, that is effectively what they are saying, but be nice to get it in more clear wording.

You could probably try some sort of civil action against the Police, and there is the possibility of civil prosecution, but I imagine both are not cheap.

It will be interesting to see what response there is to the email sent in post #189. However, I doubt there will be one as previous emails requesting updates have not been responded to. Maybe then, this will be an opportunity to send another letter detailing the contents of the email, but adding to it, some kind of form devised to function as a signed confession that it is his view "that investigating an alleged crime is not a matter for the Police".

If a Police Authority appears to be acting like numpties, you do have the option of pursuing the matter with the Home Secretary, Outlawla. However, I would strongly recommend you do so through a legal professional. When complaints are being raised at that level, the input of a legal professional can be invaluable.

Will look into it old bill.

This is more in connection with police forces rather than authorities, but you get the impression they will most likely fob you off.

They work for you Home Department

• 2 months later...

Just thought I'd post this to reinforce the old saying, "don't believe everything you hear, especially if it's from the top".

The irony of the last paragraph....

This afternoon, Andrew Penhale, deputy head of fraud at the Crown Prosecution Service, said the amount of money involved was 'staggering'.

He said: 'Behind all the technical financial jargon in this case, the question for the jury was whether Kweku Adoboli had acted dishonestly, in causing a loss to the bank of $2.3bn. He did so, by breaking the rules, covering up and lying. In any business context, his actions amounted to fraud, pure and simple.

'The amount of money involved was staggering, impacting hugely on the bank but also on their employees, shareholders and investors. This was not a victimless crime.

'The CPS Central Fraud Division are pleased to have brought this case so quickly to conclusion, with the trial opening one year to the day after the case was reported to City of London Police. This is a tribute to the hard work and dedication of the whole prosecution team.

'People who commit fraud, in any walk of life, should know that the scale and technicality of a case is no barrier to bringing it to justice. At the heart of any complex fraud is a simple notion of dishonesty which is something that we can all understand.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2235718/UBS-trader-Kweku-Adoboli-facing-years-prison-guilty-UKs-biggest-fraud-losing-Swiss-bank-1-4bn.html

Just thought I'd post this to reinforce the old saying, "don't believe everything you hear, especially if it's from the top".

The irony of the last paragraph....

Ahh but as bailiffs are civil and the debt is owed to "THE MAN" aka council, aka government, the fraud is ignored, as ihn the end justifies the means. In reality these bailiffs and councils are as culpable and guilty as the rogue trader.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Ahh but as bailiffs are civil and the debt is owed to "THE MAN" aka council, aka government, the fraud is ignored, as ihn the end justifies the means. In reality these bailiffs and councils are as culpable and guilty as the rogue trader.

Exactly! The system of justice is an entirely selective one.

Exactly! The system of justice is an entirely selective one.

Medieval, and Robber barons to a person the lot of 'em