Parking attendant lied to give us a ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a parking issue. I went to pick up my partner who is disabled and lives in a resident permit parking place, controlled parking zone. I was loading the equipment, bags, wheelchair etc in the car. A Parking attendant came along and saw me loading the car and I asked him if I should go in an put a resident permit on my car and explained I would be leaving with my partner and that I was loading the car, had finished loading but need time for my partner to come out given his disability. He said that I didn't have to do anything I could continue. He said that he would note on his pad that he had allowed me to do so. I asked him 3 times he said it was not necessary. My partner came out and we drove off to the hospital, after having a friendly chat with the ticket parking attendant. I cant believed i waved to him. He did not give us ticket

Few weeks later, I get a letter saying that because I had failed to pay my parking ticket it had increase and I could make representations. I was completely shocked. I appealed explaining the above, saying that the parking attendant lied, he said we could load the car, i didn't need a resident permit as it was for a short time,and that he ( the parking attendant) did not give us a ticket. I explained that the first I had known about it was the letter in the post saying I had not paid the ticket. They rejected my appeal saying there was photos of my car without a ticket, they observed my car for 7 minutes without valid permit and that the Parking attendant said he handed me a ticket.

I take my partner for check up to hospital etc regularly and did so the say before. I had a resident permit from the previous day I my car, which I admit but I asked the parking attendant if I should put a new one, explaining it was from the night before and he said its not problem. My main issue is with the parking attendant, he lied to us about the whole situation. We are going to court no on this and i have for the first time seen the parking ticket contravention 16 'parked in a controlled zone without a valid permit'.

Is there anything we can do. My partner and I will go to court and explained what happened, but we don't know what else to do. We are appealing on the grounds of procedural impropriety on the part of the enforcement authority and the civil enforcement officer was not prevented from issuing the penalty charge notice

Any suggestions please?

Your main appeal points are that the PCN was not lawfully served,

and you have exemption for boarding and alighting regardless

of whether you were displaying a permit or not.

Ask for a personal hearing, and just restate your case to the adjudicator.

adding any witness statements.

In the meantime request through the parking tribunal, that the enforcement

authority supply you with the:

Original PCN

Proof of service of the PCN i.e photos.

Copies of photographs of the alleged contravention.

The full PCN ticket history report.

The full pocketbook notes of this parking warden from start to finish, for the day in question,

manual and in electronic format the parking warden's logs.

The traffic order of the road of the alleged contravention.

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE!!! warden did not attend, relayed information to parking appeal and guess what.....!! ticket cancelled ( they believed me and my partner that the warden didnt give us a ticket) and alsosaid i was able to load anyway. thanks everyone, appreciate it!