Abbey have refunded £250 into my account without my permission!!!

mancalledsmith
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could someone please advise - I am making a claim for £1028.06, this includes interest etc., I have so far done everything as advised, sent my LBA on the 30th of August and received a reply dated the 15th September, they say the usual stuff as I have read in other threads, but they have refunded £250 into my account on the 15th September - How should I proceed? I was under the impression that abbey normally offers a crappy amount but does not automatically put it in the account? Should I say that that is not the amount I am asking for and will proceed further?

Please Please advise.

Thank you

mancalledsmith

I am absolutely certain that this tactic is a deliberate attempt by Abbey to throw a whole box of spanners in the works.

If it pays some money back without notice,

1. The payment may not be noticed (not everyone scrutinises their statements) and any further claim can be complicated as a result
  2. It might just placate you enough to cease your action
  3. It could claim a bank error and withdraw the money in the future (thus plunging you into more problems)

How you deal with it depends on your attitude.

Seeing as you've been asking for your money back, this could not be considered to be an unsolicited payment.

Personally, I would write to the company and ask that it explains its action and then follow up with a telephone call. Make notes of the call and/or record it. Get the name of the operator you speak to.

• Haha 2

Abbey - Won DPA Claim - Aug 06 and got bailiffs in to recover my court costs of just £30.00

Abbey - Won Charges Refund of £1050 - Nov 06

Egg - Recovered £220 due to Customer Services misinformation - Feb 2007

Nat West - Prelinimary Letter to recover on Credit Card charges £30.00 sent March 2006. £25.40 offered - rejected and the bank reckons that this is it's last word on the matter. We'll see if that's still the case when it reads my N1 form sent recently. It has until the 17th April to respond or the N1 will be submitted.

Please check out my web site www.BankChargesScandal.co.uk for Research, Useful links and my story.