style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4686 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guys

I apologise now but this is a little long winded but please bear with me.

My daughter ran a business from an office that was situated above my shop. I let her have this office space free of charge. A local company came in and asked her to set up a branch of their company with 2 of their directors, which she agreed to and a limited company was formed, continuing her business but now with 3 directors (She was not limited before). We verbally agreed the monthly rent which they paid for the first 3 months. They then failed to pay any rent from month 4 on. This week they moved out and there are issues around that involving the fixtures and fitings. Ignoring those for the time being, do we have an implied contract where they have part performed and can I sue them for the remaining £8000.00 rent that is owed.

Before you say it I have been too trusting and stupid, but nevertheless I would like to have some recourse and claim the rent back.

Appreciate your ideas and views

Regards

M

A contract is an agreement, verbal or written.

If your expectation was rather for somebody to read you mind, I would not be so sure of the enforceability of that.

Silence denotes consent, and to trust a person is to share the responsibility for whatever the consequence turns out to be.