Bensons for Beds complaint

the_player
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was wondering if anyone might be able to advise me on the following :

- Best address/person to direct a letter of complaint to ? I've got the Warrington head office address and the "enquiries" email address, but I'm wondering if I might get more traction sending this to the CEO or at least a named individual ?

- If there is any particular consumer act that relates to the supply of goods in the wrong colour ? Essentially (to cut a very long story short), after months of bensons shipping broken bed parts, incorrect bed parts etc by the time we got the correct parts they have changed manufacturers and the white bed that we purchased is now cream ? I'm not if this is classed as "not fit for purpose" as per the Supply of goods and services act, but it would be nice to place some sort of reference in my letter to show that I have done my due diligence.

I can't begin to describe how frustrating I have found my experience with these guys. We now have a bed that is different to that which we saw in the shop (and consequently doesn't match the bedroom furniture) and the customer centre call centre is beyond useless.

Ben.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There

I had a similar problem - well in the fact I had a problem with the same supplier. We ordered and paid for a bed in January, we needed to replace our kingsize bed and decided the sales were the time to do it. We picked our bed in store, and ordered it, were given a delivery date and told we would need to have removed the old bed ourselves. So, original delivery date was approaching, we were contacted and told that unfortunatly they couldnt meet this but would be able to deliver on such and such a date instead. So we went forward with that date (and were given some "shopping vouchers" for the delay). 2nd delivery date arrives, so we break up the old bed (one of those divan sort), and wait...........

and wait .............

and wait............

towards the end of the day i start worrying so i "ring" the number i had, to be told that our bed isnt even out for delivery as it hasnt arrived from the supplier yet. I get annoyed, and ask them why we were NOT informed when we were when they were going to miss the first delivery date.

All the first person i spoke to was interested in was selling me a mattress as i "had not ordered one with the bed"

4 WEEKS later, and the bed finally arrives, I've been sleeping on the floor on the mattress, and no one seemed to care. I contacted the local store that the order was made at, who advised me to use their address and do a complaint letter that they would send to head office. We finally get a reply saying sorry etc, and the local store (who were completely sympathetic and couldnt get over the HO attitude), although they couldnt offer any monetary compensation did offer us a "linen" set for our trouble. We picked out one and they gave us that

• 2 weeks later...
I was wondering if anyone might be able to advise me on the following :

- Best address/person to direct a letter of complaint to ? I've got the Warrington head office address and the "enquiries" email address, but I'm wondering if I might get more traction sending this to the CEO or at least a named individual ?

- If there is any particular consumer act that relates to the supply of goods in the wrong colour ? Essentially (to cut a very long story short), after months of bensons shipping broken bed parts, incorrect bed parts etc by the time we got the correct parts they have changed manufacturers and the white bed that we purchased is now cream ? I'm not if this is classed as "not fit for purpose" as per the Supply of goods and services act, but it would be nice to place some sort of reference in my letter to show that I have done my due diligence.

I can't begin to describe how frustrating I have found my experience with these guys. We now have a bed that is different to that which we saw in the shop (and consequently doesn't match the bedroom furniture) and the customer centre call centre is beyond useless.

Ben.

The item is not as described. You bought a white bed, but that isn't what you have received.