• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Toothfairy finance!!!!!!! Help needed **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

anyone noticed it says 22nd june??????????

We intend to pursue you fully for all outstanding sums (GBP 868) including any fees we incur collecting this debt. Payment in full must be received no later than 17:00 on the 22 June 2011 to avoid further door collection fees being added to your file. DO NOT IGNORE OR THIS WILL COST YOU MORE

any advise appriciated x

Anit-fraud indeed - the person they send round CANNOT use any bailiff powers whatsoever and you should not sign anything on the doorstep to confirm you have told them to get lost, they are being very economical with the truth here.

Report that email to Trading Standards and the Office of Fair Trading, it is a very intimidating and untruthful letter.

Yours could be the complaint that stops them getting their licence renewed and have them investigated.

• 1 month later...

hiya i recentley recieved this email, but i never requested any information??????? also does anyone know if toothfairy finance also agree to settle accounts??? thankyou for your help..

Dear

You curently owe £976.

Thank you for your letter. You will shortly be receiving in the post all the informaton your requested.

We trust this will satisfy any concerns you may have.

Unless you make a payment to your file withtin 24 hours we will dispatch a team of ground recovery agents to your home address and we will seek a CCJ against you in your local county court.

Please state how much your can pay on a weekly/ monthly basis.

Yours Faithfully

Door Collections

Marshall Hoares Bailiffs

Telephone: 0843 381 1111

(43)

The content of this email should not be considered as an acceptance of any offer unless we previously review and expressly approve in writing your terms and conditions relating to the subject matter of this email.

The information in this email is private and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient(s) or have otherwise received this email in error, please delete the email and inform the sender as soon as possible. This email may not be disclosed, used or copied by anyone other than the intended recipient(s). Any opinions, statements or comments contained in this email are not necessarily those of Marshall Hoares Bailiffs Limited. If you wish clarification of any matter, please request confirmation in writing.

Marshall Hoares Bailiffs Limited.

Registered Company No.: 6871092

Consumer Credit License: 631168

We take precautions to minimise the risk of this email containing a software virus but you should use virus checking software.

And by the way i have complained about this company, and if anyone else has a problem with them i encourage you to do the same!!!!!!!!!!!

i_safe.gif

just a update, ive recieved a letter today from toothfairy finance. Which says how much i owe - 976 all together and and how much i borrowed hich is 236 including one months interest.

The letter which i recieved looks a little like a credit agreement???????

Do i have to pay all the extra fees like ndr except case file 200.....or can i pay the original amount i borrowed????

Also some of the dates are wrong on the letter e.g missed payment fee 3 (day 56) 24.12.11 £10.00

Hiya Guys!

Im new to this site, had to register to give you my story.

I took a £300 loan with these guys and now they say I owe them £1880. Really quite bizzare! There was a period where I didnt hear anything off them, then the e-mails started again. In that time I had started a DMP with CCCS. So they are being paid around £25 a month.

BUT,

Please do not be fooled by saying they do not do home visits. A gentleman by the name of MR D Smart has visited my house on 2 occasions. He drives a green BMW, and has a personalised number plate. I spoke to him on the phone after the first visit (he looked like a sales person so didn't bother answering the door) and to be fair, he was nice enough. However, I found myself offering to pay more money every month starting in October. Which I have not been able to do. Yesterday (sat 5th Nov) IO left my house arounf 5:30 pm, got back in about 8 pm, to find he had visited again. (Am I being silly in thinking this is an odd time for someone to turn up)

All he did was post an a4 piece of paper through the door saying to get into contact with them or they will go to court ect. And that they would be back soon.

Another thing I found bizzare though. Is when he first visited, I was always under the impression that they would sit outside the house for a while to see for any activity ect, but he went back to the car, wrote onthis piece of paper, put it through the letterbox, waited 2 minutes, then left.

I didn't want to scare people by putting this on here. I juist wanted to make you aware that I have had 2 visits now. ONe at the beginning of Oct, and then one yesterday.

Has anyone else had visits? Or is it just me??

Thanks you

@ Chaz2189

Please read http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/ManagingDebt/DebtsAndArrears/DG_10034289

Debt collectors

Creditors may use a debt collection agency to ask you to pay off the debt.

Debt collectors aren't court officials and don't have the same powers as bailiffs. They can't enter your home or seize your possessions. They can only write, phone, or visit your home to talk to you about the debt and how to pay it back.

Creditors and debt collectors must follow OFT (Office of Fair Trading) debt collection guidance.

Also if your on a dmp and making payments well perhaps you should be telling this to your provider - they should help handle for you, that is what their there for

Edited by asmilecostsnothing

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.”

:-)

Please do not be fooled by saying they do not do home visits. A gentleman by the name of MR D Smart has visited my house on 2 occasions. He drives a green BMW, and has a personalised number plate.

Out of interest, is it this car shown on Google street view at their very impressive registered office?

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=15+Lyndhurst+Terrace,+Camden+Town,+United+Kingdom&hl=en&ll=51.552126,-0.174301&spn=0.003662,0.009645&sll=51.552529,-0.174944&layer=c&cbp=13,233.66,,0,5.22&cbll=51.552656,-0.17464&hnear=15+Lyndhurst+Terrace,+London+NW3+5QA,+United+Kingdom&t=h&z=17&vpsrc=0&panoid=9mkp2am41cIioj_JnnDEHg

if their haress you can do contact the Police or Any lender - licensed or unlicensed - who harasses you is breaking the law. You should report any loan shark to the appropriate Illegal Money Lending team and contact the police if you are in immediate danger.

Iaintw is a registered customer services official/profit Protection staff/supermarket worker and who deals with customers

Buying laptops with advice etc

ISP Moderator and chat room helper for chats

Aviationist and train advice

Credit references and bank helper advice

Loss Protection (civil recovery)

A UPDATE, THIS IS THE LATEST EMAIL I RECIEVED!!!!!!1

We have reason to believe that you have supplied our client - ToothFairy Finance Ltd-ToothFairy Pay Day Loan - with potentially FRAUDULENT information inorder to obtain credit.

THIS IS A SERIOUS MATTER which must be dealt with IMMEDIATELY to avoid further action.

Call 0843 381 0843 IMMEDIATELY failure to do so may lead to this matter being passed to the Police

According to records you applied for and took a loan with ToothFairy Finance Ltd-ToothFairy Pay Day Loan on 04.05.11 15:39 for GBP 200.00. Systems generate a detailed electronic trail of proof at EACH stage of the transaction including the unique address of the computer used, mobile phone offered and cross referencing of ALL personal details provided across multiple sources

The bank has confirmed that the funds were sent to the account numb er xxxxxxxxxx with sort code xxxxxx and that this account belongs to you.

If we do not hear from you by end of tomorrow we will be passing this file to the Anti Fraud Department who will then perform further traces and check exactly where the loan application came from using IP tracking technology.

If this proves to be an attempt to defraud us then you will be charged for the extra investigation and the file handed to the Police to pursue as a criminal matter.

We would much rather avoid involving further third parties as it will become much more serious and expensive for you, and time consuming for us.

CALL NOW TO AVOID FURTHER ACTION

Yours sincerely,

DEBT MANAGER - Greg Campbell

NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY

0843 381 0843

NOTICE: The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only.

It contains information which may be confidential and which may also be privileged. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify sender immediately and then destroy it.

i_safe.gif

• 3 months later...

i have had a TF loan for near enough a year now as i realised they were going to be no help what so ever and got fed up of trying to contact and negotiate with them i just left it and waited for them that has been about 8 months now, also on the last phone call i had i read up on them and mentioned all the breaches they have made which they should have altered as OFT stated which they havent done which this seemed to get there attention as well as did the citizens advice bureau, since then i have heard nothing no emails no phone calls no letters through the post, i also mentioned to them that TF, NDR and MH are all part of the mother company and the fact that they can not come round to my house to collect anything and they shoud take me to court first which therefore would mean explaining there excessive charges which went from a 200 pound loan to a 1000 pound loan within 3 months which is ridiculous........... since arguing all these facters with them they havnt taken me to court they havnt so much has been in contact with me. im not saying to follow what i did as it may not work for everyone but it sure worked for me and it is also worth a go.

H x