aol broadband been disconected for 9 days

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

since july 11 ive been unable to use this service due to an "exchange fault " depite constant phonecalls by myself to thier so called technical help which in reality is a pack of liars side steppers and time wasters i seem to have got absolutly no where whatsoever.to make matters worse we are now suffering distruption to our phoneline as well .i have logged every phonecall and conversation with this shower since it all began i have also lodged a written complaint to thier head office in london .is there anymore i should be doing ?thanks for any help or avice ps im tempted to cancell but i feel this would just make life easy for them

Just out of interest, where are you located geographically?

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

You could give BT a shout, it is their line and they will let you know if there is a problem with it and then you can shout even louder at AOL.

AOL seem to have turned from one of the biggest in the world to a bit of an amateur outfit.

9 days is unusual but not unheard of for a line fault based at exchange to be resolved.

There does not appear to be any MSO at the exchanges in your area.

The relationship between AOL and BT will allow for an SLA. It is very unlikely you will have this communicated to you, however, the ECO portal (which is what they will use as a service provider, almost certainly) will give a time slot for the engineer visit from BT. Suggest you ask AOL to tell you WHEN the next step is to occur. Usually engineer time slots for exchange visits occur within about 24-48 hours of fault.

As there does not appear to be an MSO, this would seem like a simple line card reset or replacement to my mind, which reinforces my surprise at the time taken thus far.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

to go into finer detail talk talk took over over my line rental earlier this month and are setting up their own exchange so i suppose im not with bt anymore .either way customer support is one dimensional at best can't belive how many times iv'e been fobbed off over the past nine days .phone wise imcoming callers sound like darleks and out going calls dont show up as us on caller displays out dial tone is very intermittant .get the impression they are trying the wear me down .

Its highly unlikely they are setting up their own physical exchange.

I guess what you mean is what is called LLU (local loop unbundling)?

This may well shift the kit responsibility to Talk Talk.

I would, at this point:

- Cancel any Direct Debit (should you have one set up).

- Write to Talk Talk, politely but firmly, stating that you wish to have a response within 3 working days as to when you will have service restored. Also, that you expect them to refund you fully, pro rata for the days whereby you have had no service.

I am in Fife, Scotland and have had no AOL for a week. Tried emailing their help line, first guy "Barry" gave me instructions to cure fault. I followed these instructions and the net result is that not only does the faul still exist but all my computer settings are knocked for 6. So, many emails later + two phone calls and i am told to phone help line yet again. Tonight i was on the phone for over an hour (at their rates!!!!), and disconected/reconnected speed touch, then reset it then many more operations-----result---the operator eventually tells me that many customers can't get AOL (software problem) and the best thing i can do is to uninstall aol then reinstall it. I will be uninstalling it---then install another internet provider.

finally after 18 days i have reconnection called this morning and the level 1 help went through the usual set up rubbish which didn't work got level 2 help and they tried a set up method which has never been tried in all my calls to them and low and behold it worked .

si i din't know now if there was ever a line problem or iv'e been dealing with the most incompetant bunch of clowns on planet earth .

needless to say once my free broadband time and telephone calls thety have awarded me as compensation has ran its course i will too move on .

Is that in writing? And you're sure they're not adding to your minimum term with that?

An old sales technique that some guys I used to work with would try, instead of saying "12 month contract" they would say "discounted for a whole 12 months". Wordplay is everything to these sales guys, especially over the phone.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar