Arnold Clark sold me wrong model

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks . First post.

I bought a brand new motor off A/C In july 2010. They had to order it and would take 12 weeks to deliver. I got the motor looked great. Noticed the other day a badge on same model as mines and thought it strange mines didnt have said badge. Phoned A/C and was assured that it was defo the correct model that i had asked for took finance for and they would order me a badge and sort it out. Decided to phone Vauxhall Direct who proceeded to inform me that NO WAY was the car i had the model i asked for. Vauxhall then phoned A/C and were told the same as me it was defo the correct model. I have finance and paperwork for the model i asked for but have been given a cheaper model by A/C and passed off by them as the model i requested and have paperwork for.I reckon that i have been mis-sold a vehicle . Any help here folks would be greatly received.

Edited by jimmy09

In the first instance i think you should report this to Trading Standards, but you would need to have confirmation from Vauxhall that the car you own is not the model that you ordered and paid for.Don't know what area you are from, but it wouldn't do any harm to send a copy of letter to local TS to Mr.Desmond Slavin at Glasgow TS. [email protected] would reinforce your case if you also contacted the OFT as they are aware of complaints against clark.The contact here is- [email protected] mark your email FAO. Mr. Geoffrey Kenton, preliminary investigations dept.Tell him your story and remind him of the new code of practice introduced in 2010 to combat rouge motor traders.Google arnold clark complaints and you will see that a wifie in glasgow had a similar experience with clark's a few years ago---and she was a long standing customer of theirs.I claim i was mis-sold a car by them as they didn't inform me that important changes had been made on the same model from 2005 to 2008.HOPE YOU ARE A PATIENT PERSON and DETERMINED. Best of Luck.

The cars details down to what cigars it smokes are in the VIN. If you send that to Vauxhall and ask them to identify the model, they will be able to tell you. Once you have it on paper, then you find the difference between the model you have paid for and the model supplied and ask for a refund of that difference plus interest. The finance will also need to be sorted as that will reduce as well.

There appears to be about £500 difference in the price of the two versions, the 'Ecoflex' being the dearer of the 2 at just under £22k (A lot of money for a VX IMO!)

As usual, I would follow Conniff's advice and obtain the actual model of you car from VX.

The Car i requested and the paperwork given to me by Arnold Clark saleman is Definitely not the same description as the Vehicle i have in My Driveway. Their Mission Statements about keeping CUSTOMERS HAPPY and PROMISES DELIVERED is absolute nonsense. They havent delivered the vehicle they promised me so i am not happy. And I cant believe they actually told Vauxhall that they had sold me the correct model when it is clear as day they havent.