Claiming PPI from Santander/GE Capital

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2709 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still trying ....

GE MONEY - DEBENHAMS CARD

Settled in full after prelim :)

MBNA

Settled after LBA

however mistake made by me on contractual interest so going after the rest now

SETTLED IN FULL JAN 2007:)

MINT

Offer after prelim rejected

Settled in full after LBA:)

to go:

Barclays Bus Ac - to mcol

Barclays CC - to mcol

Nat West (over 6 years) no action taken yet

Creation Financial - awaiting statements since Dec

Goldfish - offer after prelim rejected

and some more

Very amused that Santander, they sent me bits of what I guess are 3 different stock letter pasted together at one point it refers to "policy taken out on 15 July 18 May 1991". When my policy was taken out in August 2002!

Thrilled to pay £1.20 for her to agree they had ignored half my letter and that they would look at it again. She was determined that FOS 'was not allowed' to intervene and if FOS wrote to them they would tell them they had no jurisdiction. Love these guys.

They have requested I send them my NIC's record as evidence of not being employed when I took out PPI on a Fraser Card Account (formery GE Capital).

FLA have not yet returned my call...

I just wish I hadn't paid off the account because they sent me a copy of credit agreement and application form and it's filled out completely incorrectly... they should never have given me the card yet alone the PPI!

• 2 months later...

congrats!

I've just had my 2nd rejection, enc is my original agreement with the account cover boxes crossed out and some waffle about how this is irrelevant because it was sold to me over the phone but guess what.....they don't have a record of this supposed call, thieveS!

congrats!

I've just had my 2nd rejection, enc is my original agreement with the account cover boxes crossed out and some waffle about how this is irrelevant because it was sold to me over the phone but guess what.....they don't have a record of this supposed call, thieveS!

Nearly the same as what happened with us... However they Were caught out by something and i can't say . You really fi have to have proof that They Didn't make that call, even yhough they admit no proof of call .Wish you luck though do not recommend the court route as a strong chance it could go the other way :(

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

millymolly - can you give a bit more info on why you think we shouldnt take it to court as I was strongly considering this option as it seems like it is the only one for me now - I have virtually exhausted everything else. Also if I take it to court - how do I stand regards costs - we have recently had to go on benefits due to my husbands serious illness and really cant afford court fees out of £105 a week.

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol

and some more

I would recommend the FOS (EDIT: not sure if they cover an older policy) , the judges do not want this in their courtroom in all honesty and alot of cases have been lost .

Even with what we had I wouldn't do it again. If you have strong evidence that what they say did not take place and I mean strong written or otherwise then it's your word against theirs. Crikes we accused them of fraud and I know it seems I've taken adetour, however had done alot of reading up on PPI cases in court since november.

Regarding costs I cannot really advise you , I think with certain benefits the court fee is free and other fees, but I believe if you still wanted to go down that route ask the court who will give you the right advice. if the case was lost I gain cannot be sure as to costs , however believe you would not be exempted. I really don't know sorry :(

Try the Fos for some advice anyway. Good luck xxx

Edited by millymollymoo

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

Hi

Tink , are you having any luck with FOS?

As I recall you were ahead of me in the Santander/GE Money pre 2005 PPI process which involves

1. Trying to claim it back from Santander

2. They refuse giving reasons and refer to FLA

3 Go to FLA - I missed this stage out after reading sevral threads

4 Ring FOS they say yes fill in a questionnaire we will claim from underwriter

5. FOS write to underwriter

6 FOS asks you to send FOS questionairre and claim to underwriter

7 Underwriter refuses saying they were not present at the sale and have passed on to Santander, knowing full well they have already given their final response

8. Complain to FOS about underwriter refusal

9. ??????? - No idea what FOS are doing as I have seen several cases dating back to 2009 who were at this stage , but no idea whether there has been any progress beyond this.

I am at No 8 and there appear to be many of us at this stage , have you progressed beyond this stage? Is that why you are considering court?

Regards

W

I too am at stage 8 with my complaint, but as my complaint has been with the FOS now since 2009 I am fed up with waiting - that and the fact that we have hit severe financial difficulty with my husband becoming seriously ill and unable to work (possibly for the rest of his life).

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol

and some more

I do get updates from the FOS every couple of months, but the news doesnt change. Apparently they are considering whether they can bring action against the underwriters and there are a lot of legal implications that they have to consider before they can decide. If they decide to take action, a possible test case will happen and then the floodgates for the rest can open - at least this is how I see it.

WFLOSS thank you for your kind comments - when you have no choice but to claim benefits you dont realise just how hard it is going to be. We are struggling (unsuccessfully) to keep our heads above water on just over £100 a week (for both of us!!)

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol

and some more

Tink

They are not rushing in their considerations are they? Plus at the same time they are rasing peoples hopes as they are still accepting new complaints.

Court is an option for you , but I haven't come across anyone that has actually gone to court and won against Santander or GE in a pre 2005 storecard scenario , so it is risky.

It looks like you have some other irons in the fire so hopefully something will go your way.

Have you any other potential reclaims like late fees as in my experience they settle those quickly albeit they just add 8% , but this may help in your current situation .

Santander and Nat West came back very quickly with offers for me recently.

Probably teaching Granny to suck eggs but in my efforts to improve my attitide to money and debt , I have looked at the Money Saving Expert site and there is some interesting stuff on there about earning and saving money. No quick fix but there may be something that could help.

Regards

W

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi I don't know whether this is of help to anybody.

I too got fed up trying to re-claim PPi on a 2003 loan i have with London Mortgage/Acenden I was given same old reasons - not regulated etc. in 2003. I eventuallyturned to FOS (it has been with them about 2 years) I today received a letter saying underwriters have now accepted responsibility and Fos will now look at each case in order they received them .So heres hoping!

• 2 years later...

Don't give up, I got paid out eventually after 5 years!

It was much less than I had worked out BUT I got a letter direct from Santander in march to say they were looking at my claim again!

They have made me an offer, which I dont think is enough.

I'm trying to find the interest calculators on this site now to recalculate... anyone around to show me where to find them please?

End of link 1 below

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Don't give up, I got paid out eventually after 5 years!

It was much less than I had worked out BUT I got a letter direct from Santander in march to say they were looking at my claim again!

They have made me an offer, which I dont think is enough.

I'm trying to find the interest calculators on this site now to recalculate... anyone around to show me where to find them please?

Hi,

I also had a letter from Santander in March saying they are reopening my claim, when I phoned them, they said that they were waiting for new calculators under new guidelines to work out how much the claim would be. Eargerly waiting now, they said prob end of July. Had this card from 1995 to 2004.

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol

and some more

How have they calculated the interest - have they added the interest at the rate you paid, I was paying 29.9% !!

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol

and some more

Hi all.

Glad things are looking better for this one. Been a long time.

Going to get my letter off to Santander.

Could anyone please give me the address that they have been sending their recent correspondence to?

Thanks.

kimberley6

addresses are in the top posts of each named bank forum

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I've received my offer letter now and I too am disappointed with their calculations, there is no breakdown to show how it has been calculated. Emmtay have you accepted or what are you doing now?

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol