can't tax my car

Josephine Marsh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4692 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent off my car registration 6 weeks ago to register my new name, having still not received it back and needing to tax my car tomorrow I rang up the DVLA and they informed me that the car had an insurance claim against it which would require to me to have the car tested through VOSA. I have had this car for 6 years and have taxed, insured and it has passed its MOT for the last 6 years. Surely the fault lays with the DVLA for not picking up on this problem when I bought the car and registered it initially. They said from tomorrow at midnight I can no longer use my car.

Hello and Welcome,

I've moved this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

First thing I would suggest is doing an HPi check on your car. DON'T pay the Hpi asking price of £39.95, shop around online and you will find places like mycarcheck that do it for £3.95. That will show if your car is actually on the register. If not, get back on to DVLA. If it is, not a big problem. You need to have a VIC check done. That is simply to confirm that the car is the car that you think it is, they check chassis numbers etc. Takes 20 minutes, costs about £40 IIRC and generates a new V5c automatically. You can legally drive your car there and back IF it has a current moT. You do not need to be taxed, but MUST be insured. You prebook. Takes about a week to get an appointment. They are VERY helpful. See Vosa website for more info.

HTH