Employment terminated due to long term ill health

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4703 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Employment terminated on grounds of work capability due to long term ill health.

Employed 8yrs f/t.

When signed off I was only working p/t 20hrs 5 days p/w.(This was because I had had a previous period of sickness where i had been allowed a phased return to work thus building up to 20hrs p/w)

My questions are :

Am i right in thinking that i am entitled to all holiday pay accrued during my absence plus one months pay in lieu of notice.

Should the final pay out take into account any increment that there may have been during my absence.

Should the final pay out be based on my f/t or p/t pay (as i was only working 20hrs when signed off)

Am i entitled to ask for a break down as to how they have calculated the final pay out.

Thanks

Employment terminated on grounds of work capability due to long term ill health.

Employed 8yrs f/t.

When signed off I was only working p/t 20hrs 5 days p/w.(This was because I had had a previous period of sickness where i had been allowed a phased return to work thus building up to 20hrs p/w)

My questions are :

Am i right in thinking that i am entitled to all holiday pay accrued during my absence plus one months pay in lieu of notice.

You should be entitled to all untaken holiday accrued prior to and during during your period of sickness. After 8 years service, the minimum notice period should be 8 weeks, or longer if permitted by contract.

Should the final pay out take into account any increment that there may have been during my absence.

Yes. As far as I am aware, if you were entitled to a specific rate per hour, and this increased whist you were off sick, then that should be the applicable rate on which to base termination pay, even if you were not paid whilst off sick.

Should the final pay out be based on my f/t or p/t pay (as i was only working 20hrs when signed off)

Not entirely sure, butI think this should be by contract, ie at you full time rate.

Am i entitled to ask for a break down as to how they have calculated the final pay out.

Yes - especially if you are likely to challenge it!

Thanks

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Thanks for that.

In the letter i have received it states i will be paid your notice period of one month.

Is this wrong?

Dunno. What's your contractual notice entitlement from your employer? That's what you should receive.

Work have advised that the final pay out will be based on the p/t hrs i was working at the time of illness.

Is this right or should it be based on my original f/t employment contract.