• Tweets

• Please can you avoid posting solid blocks of text. It is difficult for people to read especially when they are using a small screen such as a telephone. Well spaced and punctuated please. I hear what you say about the evidence – but do you have copies of it? And if so can we see it please. That's the point. We want to know what you have. As long as you have the evidence in your possession then you have some kind of control
    • Hi, the vehicle went to Audi Chingford on Thursday 13th May. I did state beforehand that I only wanted a diagnostic. The technician out of courtesy opened the drain letting huge deposits of water escape the seals. Video evidence was provided via AUDI cam. The link for the audi cam has been forwarded to BMW and Motonovo. I spoke to branch manager explained the situation and he stated he would sent me an email outlining the issue. Audi state this is not really an issue and more of a design flaw. However, the seals still have water ingress. I purchased the vehicle with £0 deposit on a 60 months HP plan for £520.00. The vehicle total was £21000. I did not go for any extended warranty. I live almost 70 miles away from the aftersales centre in Peterborough. I have previously uploaded the document I forwarded to BMW however it was in word format. I have had to buy a new tyre almost three days after purchasing vehicle. BMW still have not compensated me for the v62 cost as they said they would. 
    • I would suggest that you stop trying to rely on legal theory – as you understand it. Firstly, because we are dealing with practical/pragmatic situations and at a low value level where these arguments tend not to work. Secondly, because you clearly have misunderstood the assessment of quantum where there are breaches of obligations. The formula that you have cited above is the method of loss calculation in torts. In contract it is entirely different. The law of obligations generally attempts to remedy the breach. This means that in tort, damages seek to put you into the position you would have been in had the breach not occurred. In other words it returns you to your starting position – point zero. Contract damages attend put you into the position that you would have been had the breach not occurred but this is not your starting position, contract damages assume that the agreement in dispute had actually been carried out. This puts you into your final position. You sold an item for £XXX. Your expectation was that you your item would be correctly delivered and that you would be the beneficiary of £XXX. Your expectation loss is the amount that you sold the item for and that is all you are entitled to recover. If you want, you can try to sue for the larger sum – and we will help you. But if they ask for evidence of the value of the item as it was sold then I can almost guarantee that either you will be obliged to settle for the lesser sum – or else a judge will give you judgement but for the lesser sum. This will put you to the position that you would have been had there been no breach of contract. I understand from you now that when you dispatch the item you declared the retail cost to you and not your expected benefit of £XXX. To claim for the retail value in the circumstances would offend the rules relating to betterment. If you want to do it then we will help you – but don't be surprised if you take a tumble.  
    • I was caught speeding 3 times in the same week, on the same road. All times were 8-12mph higher than the limit. I was offered the course for the first offense and I now need to accept the other 2 offenses. I just want to be ready for what might come. Will I get the £100 fine and 3 points for each of them or do I face something more severe?  These are my only offenses in 8 years of driving.
    • I'll get my letter drafted this evening. Its an item I sold, which I'm also concerned about, as whilst I don't have my original purchase receipt (the best I have is my credit card statement showing a purchase from Car Audio Centre), I do unfortunately have the eBay listing where I sold it for much less. But as I said before this is now a question of compensation: true compensation would seek to put me back into the position I was in before the loss ie: that title would remain with me until my buyer has accepted this, and so compensation should be that which would be needed to replace the lost item. But in the world of instant electronic payment, it could be argued that as I had already been paid, the title to the goods had already transferred, and I was required to refund the buyer after the loss. And so, despite my declared value being the retail price - that which is needed to return me to my pre-sales position, the compensatory value should be the value I sold it for, which being a second-hand item from a private seller is lower. I still believe that I should be claiming for the item's full value, rather than how much I sold it for, as this is the same for insurance: we don't insure the value we paid, but rather the value of the item to put us back into the position we would be in if we ever needed to claim. Its for the loss adjuster to argue the toss
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ESA is based on whether you can work and not the name of the condition itself.

I agree with Sillygirl. Sounds as though they're doing it on purpose.

So I can just go to my Doctor and ask for a sick note? I don't really know how it works, sorry for all the questions :???:

Well you can ask for a fit note, doesn't mean they will give you one especially if they know you are not working. If you explain it is because of your B12 jabs it might help. I would just be careful that you don't fall through the cracks and miss some money

I think you can actually go sick for a week without signing off JSA

https://search3.openobjects.com/mediamanager/reading/enterprise/files/130415_esp_claimant_leaflet.pdf

Dont rush into anything without fully checking out the consequences

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

You can have 2 periods of sickness of up to 14 days in one year whilst on JSA. Unless it's now changed. You need to go to the job centre and ask for a form. (if it's changed, they'll explain that to you)

It is the JSA28 form that is required (unless it has changed). Personally, I would be reluctant to use up "sick leave" just for a few injections. Instead, I'd recommend writing to the manager of the WP office asking for a mandatory reconsideration of the appointments on the grounds that they interfere with treatments prescribed by a qualified GP.

It would also be worth contacting the DWP, making them aware of the requirements for periodic injections and getting your Job Seeker's Agreement modified.

Next time you visit your GP, have a little chat with him/her, as it may be possible that you would be better off on ESA if your condition affects your ability to work.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I had to cancel my job searching appointment with Ingues for Monday (Feb 1st) because I had to get my injection. I phoned and the receptionist was like: "Why can't you come in?" I explained why. "Were you aware you had an appointment prior to today?" I hadn't, there was a cancellation and they managed to fit me in last minute. The way she spoke was so condescending.

I have an appointment tomorrow (Feb 4th) and I'm going to have to tell my adviser that I can't go to my second job searching appointment (Feb 8th) because today I was given appointments for next week and the timing won't allow it. I'm worried though because my adviser almost threatens me with a sanction if I cancel appointments. She'll say: "This is the __ appointment you've cancelled. These are mandatory appointments and it can affect your benefits when you do this." but I can't help it? I've been ill for the past 3 or so months and have had to go to appointments.

I have considered the "sick leave" thing from Job Seekers but I still have 5 weeks of injections ahead of me and, at the moment, I don't think I feel well enough to go to all these appointments, apply for jobs and go to interviews when I know myself that, if I got the job, I wouldn't physically/mentally be able to do it right now. I don't know if/when these injections will take effect, so to be sending out CVs and actively looking for work is a waste of time.

I wanted to ask my Doctor for a a sick note so that I could go back on ESA until I do feel that my health has improved enough to return to job searching, but I don't know that you can ask the Doctor. Don't they have to offer it to you?

You can ask your GP anything, they may or may not agree with you but unless they're specifically aware of the situation with Ingeus and your general health's affect on your ability to meet your obligations then they wouldn't automatically offer a med3.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

You can ask your GP anything, they may or may not agree with you but unless they're specifically aware of the situation with Ingeus and your general health's affect on your ability to meet your obligations then they wouldn't automatically offer a med3.

So when I go to see my GP, I should tell her about Ingeus and whatnot?

*Again, sorry for all the questions, I don't know alot about this*

Yeah, I'd make your GP aware. Even if it's just "can I have a letter explaining my situation telling them I can't do appointments then because I have injections".

It would also be advisable to raise the issue with your Job Centre adviser and get them to make allowances within your Job Seeker's Agreement (or Claimant Commitment). This is to protect yourself in case Ingeus try to raise a benefit doubt (a.k.a. Sanction).

I'd also be tempted to ask to speak to the practice manager in the GP practice (what I do for a living), for a letter detailing when your appointments are and how the pressures placed on primary care mean that these are non-negotiable from a resourcing/timing background and from a health one too.

Bear in mind that an employer ought to give time off for medical appointments so there's a reasonable expectation that a WP provider should also.

It wouldn't be the first time I'd written a very shortly worded letter on behalf of a patient explaining a few home truths. There's nothing stopping you going in to Ingeus before/after your appointment with the GP/Nurse. We see people for B12 injections here in a five minute consultation - but if that appointment lands smack in the middle of your ingeus appointment well, it's reasonable to expect Ingeus to flex around that.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

GP's don't 'offer patients' sick notes unless it is painfully obvious they are sick. The system allows you to ask your GP for a Fit note. Don't forget they don't pay now for the first week of a fit note - another nasty sneaky change they have slipped through - considering a lot of people will already have self-certificated for their sickness before hand.

I would use the injections as an opportunity to claim ESA for the duration of the period you are having them, and then the work provider can do very little. They cannot have precedence over medical issues - no matter what they want you to believe.

The Government need to have people in it who suffer from long term remitting/relapsing illnesses so that their policies are fairer and more transparent - at the moment ALL people who are sick seem to be tarred with the same brush and treated as equally unfairly.

You said that you have to attend doctor's appointments for injections, which would suggest that you have a medical/health condition that requires treatment.

You also said that the mother and the uncle relied on you, to some extent, to care for them.

You need to let your doctor know what is going on with your advisers at Ingeus and how the anxiety and stress that they are putting you under is affecting your own health as well as, indirectly, that of your nearest and dearest. Your doctor may then very well suggest what, if anything, you should do to, or he can do, to sort the matter out, and as Sillygirl says, he may well recommend applying for ESA, which isn't free of trials and tribulations itself.

The doctor must have recommended, or accepted, that a course of injections would sort out the condition from which you suffer. Anyone else who tries to prevent you from getting that medication, or making it difficult for you to attend at appointed times to get it, is not only depriving you of a human right, they are denying you the chance of recovery and even making things worse, nullifying your own and your doctor's efforts.

I already suggested that you inform your adviser at the Jobcentre of the situation. I would add that informing the Jobcentre manager in writing would be a good idea. If your Ingeus adviser did decide to act on the threat to raise a sanction doubt this would stand you in good stead.

I notice Nystagmite, Mr. P and Think About It have all already given you guidance along the same lines this morning. Any feedback from your doctor and JCP could not but add to the ammunition that could then be fired at that brute from Ingeus who may very well be acting illegally.

By the way, do you get a Mandatory Activity Notification letter (MAN) for each of those job searching appointments, if so what does it say in them about the purpose, content and anticipated benefits of attending?

Can you describe what happens at those job searching appointments at Ingeus and how long they last for?

I once had to complain to the job centre because the WP would constantly refuse to make reasonable adjustments. It was minor things like handouts in large print. The job centre weren't impressed in the slightest and were on my side. As was my GP.

It happened several times and in the end, I ended up going on to ESA. Even then, they tried to contact me to see if I wanted their "help".

You said that you have to attend doctor's appointments for injections, which would suggest that you have a medical/health condition that requires treatment.

You also said that the mother and the uncle relied on you, to some extent, to care for them.

You need to let your doctor know what is going on with your advisers at Ingeus and how the anxiety and stress that they are putting you under is affecting your own health as well as, indirectly, that of your nearest and dearest. Your doctor may then very well suggest what, if anything, you should do to, or he can do, to sort the matter out, and as Sillygirl says, he may well recommend applying for ESA, which isn't free of trials and tribulations itself.

The doctor must have recommended, or accepted, that a course of injections would sort out the condition from which you suffer. Anyone else who tries to prevent you from getting that medication, or making it difficult for you to attend at appointed times to get it, is not only depriving you of a human right, they are denying you the chance of recovery and even making things worse, nullifying your own and your doctor's efforts.

I already suggested that you inform your adviser at the Jobcentre of the situation. I would add that informing the Jobcentre manager in writing would be a good idea. If your Ingeus adviser did decide to act on the threat to raise a sanction doubt this would stand you in good stead.

I notice Nystagmite, Mr. P and Think About It have all already given you guidance along the same lines this morning. Any feedback from your doctor and JCP could not but add to the ammunition that could then be fired at that brute from Ingeus who may very well be acting illegally.

By the way, do you get a Mandatory Activity Notification letter (MAN) for each of those job searching appointments, if so what does it say in them about the purpose, content and anticipated benefits of attending?

Can you describe what happens at those job searching appointments at Ingeus and how long they last for?

Every letter I get from them (with my appointment time, date etc. on it) has the "This is a Mandatory Appointment" notice at the bottom of it. Today I had to go in for her to ask me 1 interview question: "Tell me a bit about yourself." and then she looked through Universal Job Match and showed me jobs that I should apply for. One was 2 hours (via public transport) away from where I live, the other had an 11:30pm finishing time and another had a 6am starting time. I can't get transport that early/late from my area. I think the buses only run from 7am until 10pm. Then she showed me a job advertisement for home cleaners and I said "I saw that, but they want someone who can drive." and she said "Aren't you learning how to drive, you're 20?" and I said that I wasn't and didn't really have an interest in learning to drive and she said "That's something I think you have to consider doing if you want to get a job." ???

The job searching appointments are from 2-4pm and I have to sit there on their computers, looking through websites, which is basically what I already do at home. I'm not there to see an adviser. I have to just go in, sit at a computer and then leave 2 hours later. I don't understand why I have to travel an hour to get there just to do something I already do at home.

Every letter I get from them (with my appointment time, date etc. on it) has the "This is a Mandatory Appointment" notice at the bottom of it. Today I had to go in for her to ask me 1 interview question: "Tell me a bit about yourself." and then she looked through Universal Job Match and showed me jobs that I should apply for. One was 2 hours (via public transport) away from where I live, the other had an 11:30pm finishing time and another had a 6am starting time. I can't get transport that early/late from my area. I think the buses only run from 7am until 10pm. Then she showed me a job advertisement for home cleaners and I said "I saw that, but they want someone who can drive." and she said "Aren't you learning how to drive, you're 20?" and I said that I wasn't and didn't really have an interest in learning to drive and she said "That's something I think you have to consider doing if you want to get a job." ???

The job searching appointments are from 2-4pm and I have to sit there on their computers, looking through websites, which is basically what I already do at home. I'm not there to see an adviser. I have to just go in, sit at a computer and then leave 2 hours later. I don't understand why I have to travel an hour to get there just to do something I already do at home.

Every letter you get from Ingeus will be a mandatory notice it is how they can raise a sanction. I would query your ''adviser'' how you are supposed to learn to drive and run a car when you get such a small sum of money. Even full time employment you would be hard put to meet the insurance costs at the age of 20. As to why you have to sit at their ancient computers and job search I presume it is because they are paid a fee to have you on their books for two years. Also if they find you ANY job they will get rewarded for how long you are in work. Work programme providers make their fees from getting you into any work for as long as possible

And how much are driving lessons these days? You get about £70 a week.

Your 2 hour appointment sounds like a total waste of time. If today is an example of what happens at those appointments I see nothing there that could not be done at any other time that does not interfere with your doctor's appointments. Has to be spite or pure badness.

Does the MAN say what you are supposed to be doing during the 2 hour appointment and how close is it to what really happens? The Man must by law contain certain details, you must by law be given an opportunity to ask for the appointment to be changed. They must by law give due regard to any reasonable request to so alter the appointment time/date, or consider any reasonable objection.

At what time during the 2 hour appointment do you get handed the MAN for your next appointment? Is there any discussion? Is no consideration given to anything you say about it being unreasonable or clashing with other commitments?

Did you tell her about the inappropriateness for you of the jobs she told you to apply for and what did she say?

Next time you go thank her for her suggestion of taking up driving and you are happy for her to go right ahead and arrange the finances to pay for lessons, a car and the expenses for running it.

Here's how incompetent they are:

Got a text from them at 10:30am this morning -

"Hi, You do not need to attend your appointment with XXXX tomorrow at 15.15 as our offices will be closed on Friday 5th February. We will make another appointment in writing"

Funny, because they never even told me about this appointment in the first place.

Then at 4.59pm today:

"Hi, just a reminder that your appointment is with XXXX on Friday 5th February at 15.15"

I'm presuming the appointment reminder is automated but it just shows how bloody incompetent they are. And this is after they told me they'd "let me have some time off" whilst I sorted out my Mandatory Reconsideration.

Your 2 hour appointment sounds like a total waste of time. If today is an example of what happens at those appointments I see nothing there that could not be done at any other time that does not interfere with your doctor's appointments. Has to be spite or pure badness.

Does the MAN say what you are supposed to be doing during the 2 hour appointment and how close is it to what really happens? The Man must by law contain certain details, you must by law be given an opportunity to ask for the appointment to be changed. They must by law give due regard to any reasonable request to so alter the appointment time/date, or consider any reasonable objection.

At what time during the 2 hour appointment do you get handed the MAN for your next appointment? Is there any discussion? Is no consideration given to anything you say about it being unreasonable or clashing with other commitments?

Did you tell her about the inappropriateness for you of the jobs she told you to apply for and what did she say?

Next time you go thank her for her suggestion of taking up driving and you are happy for her to go right ahead and arrange the finances to pay for lessons, a car and the expenses for running it.

I just checked my letter and it doesn't specify anything at all. It just says the usual: "Your appointment with (adviser) is on (date) at (time.) then underneath it gives you their address/phone number and then the usual rubbish about "This is a mandatory appointment. If you do not attend..."

I said to her that the jobs weren't for me because of the timing/distance etc and she went back to the "learn how to drive" thing again. I'm looking for work in retail and she's also telling me to apply for cleaning jobs and barista and waitressing work. I don't have any experience in these fields apart from retail so? Half of the jobs she suggests say things like "driving license required" "1 year previous paid experience" and I have to point this out to her because she won't notice otherwise.

I did mention last week that I doubt I would be able to do Monday's for my 2-4pm job searching appointment because they like to give me my injections Mon, Wed and Fri and she still booked me in for 4 Monday appointments and told me to "work my appointments around it" as if Ingeus is more important than anything else I have going on.

As for the driving thing, I just looked online and it's about £20-£25 per lesson and, on JSA, I currently receive £57.90 a week... so, like you said, unless she's willing to arrange for it to be paid by them, there's no chance in hell I can do that.

Here's how incompetent they are:

Got a text from them at 10:30am this morning -

"Hi, You do not need to attend your appointment with XXXX tomorrow at 15.15 as our offices will be closed on Friday 5th February. We will make another appointment in writing"

Funny, because they never even told me about this appointment in the first place.

Then at 4.59pm today:

"Hi, just a reminder that your appointment is with XXXX on Friday 5th February at 15.15"

I'm presuming the appointment reminder is automated but it just shows how bloody incompetent they are. And this is after they told me they'd "let me have some time off" whilst I sorted out my Mandatory Reconsideration.

It's shocking, isn't it?

I used to get texts reminding me that my appointments were the following day and I'd show up and my adviser wouldn't even be there. It happened about half a dozen times and, I kid you not, I showed up once and they're like "she doesn't work here anymore" even though they kept sending me out letters to go to appointments with her.

As for the driving thing, I just looked online and it's about £20-£25 per lesson and, on JSA, I currently receive £57.90 a week... so, like you said, unless she's willing to arrange for it to be paid by them, there's no chance in hell I can do that.

Next time the subject comes up, you need to hammer that suggestion home.

But.... Most employers will require some driving experience if they are going to let you use their own vehicles.

Next time the subject comes up, you need to hammer that suggestion home.

But.... Most employers will require some driving experience if they are going to let you use their own vehicles.

I have never expressed any interest in jobs that require a driving license which is why I was confused as to why she brought the whole thing up. I merely pointed out that a job she wanted me to apply for was unsuitable because they were looking for someone who could drive and suddenly I get hit with the whole "then you should learn to drive" crap.

I swear, sometimes I sit at her desk wondering why we aren't on opposite ends of the table. She can't even be bothered to spell check stuff before she prints it, gives it to me and tells me to send it out to employers. Also, she went on Indeed today, searched my area in the search bar, saw that there was only 2 jobs on that page that were posted today and said "oh, not much on here today" but failed to click "date" not "relevance" on the sidebar.

I wonder how these people got a job in the first place :???:

She can't even be bothered to spell check stuff before she prints it

I have used the red pen to great effect in the past. Mind you, some of these people can get a little upset when their errors are highlighted (I know from experience :madgrin:).

A word of caution: It is not always a good idea to wind them up too much as some of them can be sanction happy. The odd little dig just to keep them on their toes is often enough.

I have used the red pen to great effect in the past. Mind you, some of these people can get a little upset when their errors are highlighted (I know from experience :madgrin:).

A word of caution: It is not always a good idea to wind them up too much as some of them can be sanction happy. The odd little dig just to keep them on their toes is often enough.

Don't worry, I'm never bold enough to make rude remarks to her face. I emailed her about the error and just said, "Hi, I was folding my CVs and cover letters to put into the envelopes and noticed a small typo on the cover letter." and she has been like 50% ruder since then. I hate to think what would happen if I actually meant to **** her off.