OPC parking ticket - CCJ (in default)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4719 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I have a CCJ from OPC which was issued by the court in default in April 2009 for an alleged parking violation in a private car park in November 2005. As the papers and judgement were all sent to an address I moved out of in September 2006 I did not have an opportunity to submit any defence at the time.

I became aware of the judgement in default in May or June 2009 when it appeared on my credit file and contacted the court at the time to request details and an N244 form. Unfortunately, due to events that occured in my life shortly thereafter I had a breakdown and did not feel able to deal with this issue at that time. These issues have long since been resolved but I'm concerned that if I were to apply for a set-aside now the court would consider I have not acted in a timely fashion and will therefore reject my application - we are talking about a two year delay after all. Nevertheless, I feel angry and dont want to let OPC get away with what they have done - especially since they waited three and a half years to take the matter to court, almost certainly in the knowledge they were likely to get a judgement in default.

What do people think? Am I too late to get this judgement set aside? Do I stand any chance at all?

Thanks

have still the ccj

if so

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or ir you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your reply.

I dont have a scanner, but I do have the copy of the judgement and particulars of claim that I requested from the court when I noticed the CCJ on my credit file...

The judgement (dated 3rd April 2009) states: You have not responded to the claim form. It is therefore ordered that you pay the claimant 226.00 for debt (and interest to date of judgement) and 25.00 for costs. You must pay the claimant the total of 251.00 by 2 May 2009.

The particulars of claim are as follows: We are a private parking company who holds a contract with the owners of the land to issue parking tickets to drivers not abiding by the terms and conditions which are displayed on site. On 23/11/2005, Mr parked vehicle reg in

without displaying a valid permit. The case was handed to a debt collections agency who also failed to obtain payment. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the county courts act 1984 at the rate of 8% per year from 23/11/2005 to 06/03/2009 of 26.00 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment at a daily rate of 0.02.

Amount adjusted including interest: 226.00 Amount claimed: 226.00

Total costs: 25.00 Court fee: 25.00

Sub Total 251.00 Solicitors cost: 0.00

Paid before judgement court/claimant: 0.00 Total: 251.00

Total: 251.00 Date of issue: 13 Mar 09

Installment: Date of service: 18 Mar 09

Date of judgement: 03 Apr 09 First payment on: 02 May 09

Registration date: 03 Apr 09 Order posted: 06 Apr 09

Please let me know if there is any other information you need.

Thanks

Never known a judge never refuse to set aside a PPC default judgement and your personal circumstances and wrong address are good reason.

Drop me a message with your email and I can help you with a defence.

Interestingly this case also shows that obtaining a CCJ isn't even half of the battle - OPC never got their money did they?