Work Problems Due To Local Agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

My hubby is a driver for a large company. His working hours vary each week hugely due to shift patterns. He has a contract and also a local agreement. No one has ever seen the local agreement. Firstly as believe it or not the Union have 'lost' it and secondly as the local agreement is not issued to staff when the start with the company.

This is where the problems begin. The duties that 'Must' be done at the end of their shift were sold out for a lump sum payment a few years ago before my hubby started. So they don't get paid for what probably takes about 15 minutes at the end of their shift. this is not mentioned in their contract, so we are presuming that it must be mentioned in the local agreement. the company have now added in a couple of things that will also encroach onto the final part of their shift which is unpaid. Can this be added on to their unpaid time?

please please don't say contact the union as they are allowing the employers to get away with this. Not just shop floor level but also higher.

Thanks

In the absence of the local agreement, the contractual terms would be decided on the basis of Custom and Practice, therfore, any additional unpaid duties could possibly be Unlawful Deduction From Wages .

Taking this into account, I would suggest that you husband raises a written grievance with the company and they will be required to explain their policy.

Thanks for the info. Is it law that the local agreement must be given to an employee, or at least on display for all the employees to see? The whole situation is crazy. And the unions thoughts on all of this are that the company can do what they want as it's their company!

Hello there. I hope we can help with this.

How high up the union has your OH [or his colleagues] gone please?

Also, they could consider a joint grievance if everyone is in agreement. That makes it harder to pick on one person.

My best, HB

PS Your first name wouldn't be Agnetha would it?

Illegitimi non carborundum