ForwardThinker vs Capital One - Offer Received

ForwardThinker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently sent my prelim letter to Capital One requesting the refund of my late payment and overlimit fees from them.

Today I received a letter back from them, saying that they were prepared to refund £220 out of the £300 I had asked for as a goodwill gesture, which would result in the charges all being altered to £12 rather than the £20 that I had been charged.

Just a question, if I accepted this, they have said that it would be added to my account balance, and in this particular case, it would mean that my total debt to them would be wiped clean, but the account would also have around £90 on top of the balance available which if I used, I'd have to pay back. So what I'm asking is would it be possible for me to request a cheque or is there something obvious I'm not understanding?!

Thanks for your help.

I recently sent my prelim letter to Capital One requesting the refund of my late payment and overlimit fees from them.

Today I received a letter back from them, saying that they were prepared to refund £220 out of the £300 I had asked for as a goodwill gesture, which would result in the charges all being altered to £12 rather than the £20 that I had been charged.

Just a question, if I accepted this, they have said that it would be added to my account balance, and in this particular case, it would mean that my total debt to them would be wiped clean, but the account would also have around £90 on top of the balance available which if I used, I'd have to pay back. So what I'm asking is would it be possible for me to request a cheque or is there something obvious I'm not understanding?!

Thanks for your help.

hi normally they refund it to the account if it is in "debt" speak to them regarding getting the £90 seperately. Also inform them that you accept the cash as part settlement and will continue to seek the balance.:D

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

That does make sense, as the leftover money above the credit limit (so not what they let me "borrow") wouldn't be part of it, unless they somehow claim it is part of what they are letting me borrow?

They've also refunded me a bit for the Payment Protection insurance refund blunder thing that they've had to do, so not doing too bad with Capital One, if only Natwest were the same!

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

That does make sense, as the leftover money above the credit limit (so not what they let me "borrow") wouldn't be part of it, unless they somehow claim it is part of what they are letting me borrow?

They've also refunded me a bit for the Payment Protection insurance refund blunder thing that they've had to do, so not doing too bad with Capital One, if only NatWest were the same!

Thanks for your help!

your welcome.:D

• Confused 1