Rockwell Collection Agency - hounding me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4718 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, I'm desperate for help here!

About 12 years ago I found myself in a dreadful financial soup. My debts were sorted via various CCJ's and I have been paying 2 pounds per month by Direct Debit ever since.

About a year ago I started receiving letters and phone calls from Rockwell, and I noticed that one of the DD's had stopped being taken. I spoke to a rep from the company and stated that I had not stopped the payments. I filled in a new DD mandate and posted it back to them. They have never taken any funds since.

The last month or so they have hounded me again. I spoke to a very angry and verbally bullying woman from Rockwell, and when I told her that a court had ordered that I pay the 2 pounds per month, she told me that if I didnt provide proof of the CCJ within 2 weeks that I had to pay the full amount (about 14,000 pounds) or be taken to court. I do not have any copies of the CCJ agreement.

I am currently not answering their calls (at least 2 per day) as I am actually quite worried. It has taken me many years to get back on my feet financially. I work part time and am a single mum of 4. My credit score is now very good.

They basically say that I have to prove the CCJ. But I can't! Help!!

Hi there

Forget Rockwell...they are a dca and have no teeth. STOP TALKING TO THEM ON THE PHONE (If you haen't already).

Who was the original creditor for the debt they are chasing.

You could send Rockwell a CCA request which will stop them in their tracks. When was the last payment you made to them?

ims

If this is subject to a court order then a CCA request will not help at all.

Get onto the court and ask them for the details you are missing.

However the length of time involved they are unlikely to have the details of the CCJ.

It is NOT for you to prove anything, they are talking bowlark, and as for the telephone harassment, keep a diary of events, and report them to the Police for the criminal offence of harassment, not to mention the admin of justice act..

Send the muppets this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter

The least you need to send that by is 2nd class post, BUT, obtain "Proof of Posting" which is free from the PO counter, that will put them to strict proof that any further calls will be reported as harassment.

Start a complaint's procedure through the OFT&TS via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

Also make one to the FOS and your local MP;

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

http://www.writetothem.com/

Stay OFF the phone to these clowns, if you answer it DO NOT go through their hilarious security questions, just tell them "Everything in writing" and hang up.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The original debt was to Midland Bank (now HSBC) and it was passed on to a couple of companies, Tessara and Phoenix Recoveries. I last paid 2 pounds about 2 years ago. I think (!) this was when it passed onto Rockwell. All the other DD's from that time of all the CCJ's are still coming out of my account. I just don't understand why this is happening now. What I'm really afraid of is that it will generate a new CCJ which would completely ruin my now-good credit score. I have offered to pay the 2pounds every month but they say that that was just a 'temporary arrangement' which it wasn't. It was a CCJ. They appear to not accept this, and have said that to be allowed to continue paying this amount I somehow have to prove it. What is a CCA? Sorry to sound so clueless but all this was sorted by a caseworker at the CAB all those years ago. Eeek!

Thank you both for your replies. I am very grateful.

I shall inform them that I feel harrassed and request everything in writing. Unfortunately I do not even remember which court it was, it may have been local, but I really don't know. I was young and clueless at the time, and like I said, everything was sorted by my caseworker. I lost my house, everything.

I know I still owe the money, and am more than happy to pay the 2 pounds every month. I just wish they would accept this as I really thought those dark days were way behind me.

Surely they must have evidence of the CCJ? Wouldn't the original lender have a copy? Can they take me to court again?

A CCA is a consumer credit agreement, the document you would have needed to sign in order to get the credit/loan/bank account in the first place.

If this is for Midland, your on a good footing for a start.

Do you know which court awarded you the CCJ? If so contact them and see if they have any record of this being made, tell them that a somewhat undesirable outfit has reared their head out of the sewers demanding payment for a debt that is/was subject to a court order, and they are demanding full immediate payment. They will tell you what your best move will be.

If the court can find NO details of this ever being awarded against you, then I agree that a CCA request would work in that instance, it will be extremely unlikely for them to pluck that agreement out after all of this time!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi

Well your finger crossing got some good rsponses :-)

Here is a link to the letters you will be needing over the next few weeks/months/years

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?609-Can-t-find-the-letter-you-want-Look-here

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE