will truecall work on sky

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes it will

Hi bankfodder

thanks for your reply

but I am now confused while serching the site a few moments ago i came across a post by pete_the_postman that said truecall is no longer compatable with sky line rentals xx

Edited by wittsend
spelling

Hi bankfodder

thanks for your reply

but I am now confused while serching the site a few moments ago i came across a post by pete_the_postman that said truecall is no longer compatable with sky line rentals xx

have just been on Sky Help web site and it seems Sky have up graded some lines , this has caused the truecall a problem and at the moment , Sky say it is up to truecall to sort it out

truecall are working on a solution

till then I'm stuck with BT

You can always contact truecall and ask for an update. ;)

http://www.truecall.co.uk/acatalog/ContactUs.html

Have emalied them, waiting for a reply,

but on checking the Sky help pages i think i will stick with BT and cancel sky

some of the people have been waiting months to get a small problem sorted out

thanks xx

Just to clarify things a little.

Truecall works with Sky, insofar as it allows the user to block unwanted calls just as the advertising says it will. What the issue is currently is that some change in Sky's equipment is preventing the Truecall box from dialling in to the main server, making it impossible to synchronise the Truecall unit with the web service which Truecall provide. That means that you cannot add to your lists to telephone numbers that you wish to block or allow direct access to your phone through the internet, although you can still add to your "star" or "zap" lists during a call.

I've not been able to synchronise my Truecall unit since the end of April, but it still working just as effectively as ever in blocking out the unwanted calls. Anyone else who wants to get hold who is not on my existing Star list just has to follow a couple of simple instructions to get through to me.

It may be a pain for those who know you to have to go through the rigmarole of having to prove they are human

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

thank you very much for your reply it has clarified quite few things,

at the moment i have a complaint with the oft about CSL an i want it so that i can log the calls and print it out as proof of the harasmentso i will have to wait until truecall get back to me with more details

mrs witts

• 4 months later...

Just to update on the situation with Sky and Truecall.

They have been working for several months to resolve the issue and yesterday, my unit synchronised with the Truecall server for the first time since April. The good news is that I haven't lost any data at all over the time that the weblink has not been able to synchronise.

Hopefully, it is an indication that Sky have finally resolved the issue. Anyone with a Truecall unit who is with Sky, please check your control panel and attempt to synchronise your unit. If you are still unsuccessful, I would suggest dropping the Truecall support line an email.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D