Robinson Way Harrasing for old debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4740 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a question re Robinson Way. I have been chased for a debt for some time now which is now well over 8 years old. I have changed my name since the debt was incurred and they are calling and writing to me under my old name. Would I be admitting the debt if I answered their letters even with the standard letter simply because I would be admitting that I am the person they are looking for because I have opened the letters? Complicated maybe, but I hope you guys understand

I have a question re Robinson Way. I have been chased for a debt for some time now which is now well over 8 years old. I have changed my name since the debt was incurred and they are calling and writing to me under my old name. Would I be admitting the debt if I answered their letters even with the standard letter simply because I would be admitting that I am the person they are looking for because I have opened the letters? Complicated maybe, but I hope you guys understand

Hi there

I'm gioing to ask a mod to start a new thread for this if that's OK so that the exisiting thread doesn't get confused. Help will come to your new thread.

ims

Hi and welcome to CAG

I have moved your post onto one of its own so that you won't get missed

Can you confirm that you have not made any payment nor acknowledged that this debt is yours in the past 8 years?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I have most certainly not made any payment, neither have I yet admitted that I am the person they are looking for. Only time anyone has spoken to them on the phone is to tell them, that there is no-one here by the name they are giving.

I haven't yet requested any further information from them regarding the amount allegedly owed.

As no payment nor acknowledgement that this is your debt has been made in the past 8 years, this debt is well and truly Statute Barred. Next time they contact you, send them away with a flea in their ear

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

can anyone direct me to a letter template which would request the original information etc... or other standard sort of letter that shows I am not willing to pay and telling them that I do not wish to hear from them again... not quite sure exactly what I am asking for sorry (bearing in mind that I am in Scotland and I understand we have to handle things slightly differently)

Hi

If you look in the library (top left) there is a plethora of letters you could send them including a Statute Barred letter for people in Scotland