loan payments to cover bank charges

cheekismo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help

Due to costly bank charges my finances were in tatters, I got called into my local branch for an account review. My spirits were down and my head all over the place due to my money problems, the banks advisor persuaded me to get a loan to sort myself out.

Now I've found out I can claim the excessive charges back I'm delighted but still annoyed that I've been paying loan repayments to the bank to cover the cost of there original charges!

Is there any way to claim part of the loan back as if the charges were not so high either the loan wouldn't exist or would have been smaller>

Someone on the Lloyds forum claimed exactly that - the charges plus the loan. It was a while back but I will see if I can find the thread for you.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

• 1 month later...

Keep this updated as the same happened to me :x and i am plan to claim back the interest and the payment protection they talked me in to getting, obviously without their charges we wouldnt have needed the loan in the first place! i would be interested to hear what happens. good luck!:D

If the loan is still outstanding, you should be able to claim for the entire amount required to settle the loan. While this includes part of the money you legitimately owe, you have a burden as a result of the charges that you would not otherwise have taken on. Beware that you might need to reject early offers of settlement if you want to try this though, as you will have to take it right to the wire to force that money out of them.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

I have rejected 2 settlement figures from Natwest and I have now completed my Money claim Online form and submitted.

I am still claiming for the interest on the loan as indeed without the Banks charges I wouldn't have needed the loan.

I have 2 calims in where I am claiming back the interest that relates to the charges - cobbetts are arguing over the loan interest, must be due contact from them soon as I last refused 2 weeks ago.

Spoke to Cobbetts today and they are sending cheque for amount less the loan interest and applying for summary judgement for that part of the claim to be struck out. Guess it'll be off to court then!

Has anybody been paid this interest back - I can't find it anywhere.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

• 1 month later...

Have received a letter from Cobbetts today, inside was a defence letter and also the famous CPR part 18. I will be sending them a letter back stating that these are intimidating tatics and also stating that I've sent the court a copy of the letter and CPR part 18 request.

I look forward to the next couple of days, I should receive my AQ from the courts.

I also find it poor that they are asking for a schedule of charges, considering I must have sent it at least 3 times to Natwest. I feel like being cheeky and telling them to contact Stuart Higley for them but I wont.

Yes I claimed for the loan interest, I'm that annoyed that I have been paying a loan for the last 4 years, that in reality I wouldn't have needed to take out if the excessive bank charges were never placed on my account.

In some ways I would love the loan payments paid back to me as well plus the payment protection that I am sure was mis-sold to me! This maybe a bit tricky though and I cant see too many threads with people claiming money back from loans taken out to clear debt due to the banks charges.

• 4 weeks later...

Have received a copy of the allocation questionnaire that cobbetts have submitted to the courts. it reads.

Case Management directions cannot be proposed until the claimant serves a reply to the request for further information which was due on 22 December 2006. In light of this, the defendant may amend Defence or apply to strike out.

Had already sent cobbetts a letter stating I wont be filling the cpr part 18 request. Natwest already have 3 copies of my spreadsheet with list of charges.

Usual scenario, don't panic your cheque wont be far away!!

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Yes I claimed for the loan interest, I'm that annoyed that I have been paying a loan for the last 4 years, that in reality I wouldn't have needed to take out if the excessive bank charges were never placed on my account.

In some ways I would love the loan payments paid back to me as well plus the payment protection that I am sure was mis-sold to me! This maybe a bit tricky though and I cant see too many threads with people claiming money back from loans taken out to clear debt due to the banks charges.

this is what i want to do... i was sold pp when i wasv a student with no real income..... and i want the intrest on my payments too, like you said if it wasnt for the charges...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting a bit confused which maybe is no surprise considering cobblers are involved.

The court has issued a hearing date of the 5th March, but have asked that I do reply to the defendants request for further information. Looking back at what Cobblers have sent to me in the past, they have asked for a list of charges and the CPR part 18.

Last week I sent them another copy of the charges and explained I had sent Natwest a copy of these at least 3 times in the past, I also sent the court a copy.

I am now worried as do the court want me to answer the CPR Part 18, if so is it best that I do this but also send Cobblers a Part 18 request of my own asking for further information regards the charges?

Hi

I have just stumbled across this and discovered the same has happened to me - being forced to take a consolidation loan to cover £100's charges in one month? Has ther een an update as to if you can claim the loan & interest? Cheers

I'm getting a bit confused which maybe is no surprise considering cobblers are involved.

The court has issued a hearing date of the 5th March, but have asked that I do reply to the defendants request for further information. Looking back at what Cobblers have sent to me in the past, they have asked for a list of charges and the CPR part 18.

Last week I sent them another copy of the charges and explained I had sent NatWest a copy of these at least 3 times in the past, I also sent the court a copy.

I am now worried as do the court want me to answer the CPR Part 18, if so is it best that I do this but also send Cobblers a Part 18 request of my own asking for further information regards the charges?

Have a read here there is info on how to reply - is this the same court by any chance?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hi

I have just stumbled across this and discovered the same has happened to me - being forced to take a consolidation loan to cover £100's charges in one month? Has ther een an update as to if you can claim the loan & interest? Cheers

You could only claim the interest that related to the charges that were rolled over into a loan, and then they fight it every step of the way have a read here of where I ma up to may help.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/11431-nat-west-3-claims.html

My case is being held at Durham Court, I sent the court a letter last week asking if I was expected to answer the CPR Part 18. Have not had a response yet. Maybe I need to ring the court.

What exactly do I need to send to the court and cobbetts regards in preparation for the case on the 5th March? IE: Disclosure of documents.

When filing my POC on Money Claim was I meant to put my costs in or is that decided by the courts?

The letter from the court says the following

1, The hearing of the claim will take place on the 5th March and should take no longer than 1 hour.

2, The claimant do file and serve a reply to the defendant request for information by 25th January 2007.

3, Disclosure of any documents by 8th February 2006.

The parties must file at the court and serve on the other party not later than 14 days before the hearing the following:

a, copies of all documents upon which they wish to rely.

b, statements of all witnesses, including the parties, upon whose evidence they wish to rely.

HELP!!

Spoke to a woman at the court today as I was trying to find out if I needed to send the CPR Part 18, she told me she couldn't help as I was speaking to a court and not a legal team!!

I told her all I was after was an explanation to the correspondance the court had sent me, and what further information they wanted me to send to cobblers!

Do I give in to Cobblers request and send the CPR Part 18 back to them, I see there is a thread with the majority of the answers. does anyone have the answers to Cobblers CPR Part 18 4.1 & 4.3,

4.1 please specify the clause(s) pursuant to which the charges were applied:

4.3 please identify in each case the particular breach of contract (by ref to appropriate term(s) of the contract that the charge related to.

Also do I send Cobblers my own CPR Part 18 for them to answer?

Deadline given by the court fast approaching - 25th Jan!!!

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.