Childcare costs review letter :-(

dunequeen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

i know i am in the wrong and should have told them before - there is no excuse for it. My child attending nursery sine 2003 but left in Jan 2010 - but when it came to renewing claim in April 2010 i said she was still there - i.e no change of circumstance, i know, i know bang out of order!! im a single mum and have debt beyond belief - still not an excuse! i did ring in Oct 2010 to say she had left now and they paid me an extra 4 weeks "run on" i said but shes not there and they were like oh its fine your allowed it???? So basically claimed from Jan2010-Oct2010

My nursery has since now closed and no longer runs - i think that because the nursery closed when she was supposidly there this has caused the investigation.

i have now been sent a letter from Tax Credit compliance asking me to provide details of childcare invoices and a contract etc for a period of 3 months - 2010-2011. i was never given a contract from day 1 by the nursery and rarely received an invoice. I havent got any of this info - but my daughter did attend nursery from the age of 18months approx. Ofsted were always at the nursery and were not happy how it was ran

I am at my witts end, i feel so sick. I know its my own fault and i shouldnt have done it, there is now buts or excuses. I am depressed and am on prosac.

What shall i do?????

please help -

Hello there, welcome to CAG.

Not everyone here understand these benefits, including myself, sorry. Hopefully, someone in the know will be along when they can. Your other option is to speak to the CAB, who have experience of this sort of thing and shouldn't judge you. They have contacts with HMRC and may well contact them on your behalf.

You're not the first and you won't be the last. If you search around the forum a bit, you'll find other cases we've seen and hopefully the people came back and told us how it went.

You'll feel better once you've owned up - here is the start of it and we'll try to help. Don't rule out the CAB though.

HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi, you will see from the first page that I am sort of in the same boat as you at the moment. I wondered if you had contacted Tax Credits about this yet and what their response was? I know exactly how you are feeling and how frightening all this is but please try and stay calm, this is especially important as you say you are on Prozac, it is so easy to tip the balance.

Hope you dont mind me replying like this but I wanted to offer my support.

Take care and please update as so many people do not.

Hiya

Well i have wrote to them and explained my situation and that i can not get any of the information they have asked for and my current health issues etc - i sent the letter recorded delivery. I rang the women on my letter to ask if she had received my letter, she said yes she had received it, but hadnt had chance to go through it, So now i have the awful time of waiting - watching my mobile every 2 minutes - dreading the postman coming with brown envelopes.

I know its my own stupidness but i didnt do it for greed, literally to pay my rent and feed my children.

Thanks for your support - will keep you posted on the outcome.

xx