• Tweets

• dx is wrong there. The reason they did the application with a hearing is likely that they had questions of the application that weren't answered in their wx. nothing to do with your N180 no they are just saying that they want the extension to make it 7.
    • its not a fine! it is NOT A FINE.....this is an extremely important point to understand no-one bar a magistrate in a magistrates criminal court can ever fine anyone for anything. Private Parking Tickets (speculative invoices) are NOT a criminal matter, merely a speculative contractual Civil matter hence they can only try a speculative monetary claim via the civil county court system (which is no more a legal powers matter than what any member of Joe Public can do). Until/unless they do raise a county court claim a CCJ and win, there are not ANY enforcement powers they can undertake other than using a DCA, whom are legally powerless and are not BAILIFFS. Penalty Charge Notices issued by local authorities etc were decriminalised years ago - meaning they no longer can progress a claim to the magistrates court to enforce, but go directly to legal enforcement via a real BAILIFF themselves. 10'000 of people waste £m's paying private parking companies because they think they are FINES...and the media do not help either. the more people read the above the less income this shark industry get. where your post said fine it now says charge dx
    • Agreed, though I do think you should change your avatar to that anyway as most of your posting comes from that region anyway 🤣 At least it will liven up my interest in what must be the two most boring candidates for PM that I can ever remember 
    • I already phoned them.  It was for a parking fine submitted by CP Plus issued by solicitors DCB in 2022!  I'll ring again tomorrow and do as you said 😇 Hard to believe such a harmful thing as a CCJ can be issued when there's no proof of anything!!!
    • Apologies but this is the only info I have received through the post. I have not received any other PCN notification
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

PPI Claim - where do I start

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Another sad tale of being totally ignorant of the PPI situation until it came on the news today so here's my story.

It will be seven years on September that I took out a loan with HSBC for £25000.00 to consolidate credit card debts just to get them paid off and I do remember that the advisor in the Bank said that my best option would be a fully protected loan.At the time I was just relieved that they could arrange such a large loan to clear my debts.

At the time I took the loan out I was self employed but gave up the business in 2003 when it was taken back into Company control and I was retained as the Manager, I had no Company debts and other than this loan no other debts at all.

I have paid the sum of £489.09 for the past seven years and have only four payments left until it is fully paid but have worked past my retirement age in order to clear this ( I will be 64 in November).

The interest rate was 7% and I have worked out that over seven years I will have paid back £41839.56 but have no idea how much of this would have been PPI but if I could recover any of it I would be able to settle into retirement.

I have read a few of the many threads on here and have copied the SAR letter that I think should be sent to my Bank but would appreciate any advice as to whether my claim would be valid before I begin on such a stressful cause of action.

Hi Anna

Can you clarify dates please. Seven years ago in Spetember is 2004 but your narrative suggests you gave up self employment in 2003?

What is the basis of your claim for refund of PPI. What were the circumstances of it being mis-sold? Hence my question about the dates you mention.

Have a look at the stickies and other threads to verify that you feel you were mis-sold....there's a whole lot of stuff on here about it.

If you feel that you were mis-sold then go get 'em for your PPI plus interest.

You will get pleanty of help here but first do your reading to find out if you have a valid claim.

Hope this helps

ims

The dates are correct,when I gave up self employment in 2003 I managed to pay my credit card bills for almost a year but found that I was struggling to keep them up on my salary,this was when I went to the Bank for help.

Reading through some of the threads and from what I have heard on TV I believe the PPI was missold as I wasn't told anything about it at the time,the first I realised that there was PPI on the loan was when it came on the news a few days ago.

I was not asked whether I had any other insurance which would cover the loan nor was I told that I could buy PPI elsewhere to cover the loan .

To be honest,at the time I was just so relieved that the Bank were willing to consolidate my cards into one bill I just signed all the paperwork and took their word for it that it was my best option.

Edited by AnnaA
additional info

Hi Anna

Ok so you were unaware of PPI being on the loan and it wasn't made clear to you at the time what this was all about.

Do you have the statements for the loan? Was the PPI a single premium or was it added month by month depending on the outstanding balance?

ims

Hi Anna

Ok so you were unaware of PPI being on the loan and it wasn't made clear to you at the time what this was all about.

Do you have the statements for the loan? Was the PPI a single premium or was it added month by month depending on the outstanding balance?

ims

Sorry, this is where I start getting lost!

At the moment I don't have any paperwork at all,I have never received any statements against the loan, it just appears on my normal Bank statement each month at the set amount of £498.09.

Ok Anna

I take it that you don't have the loan agreement either then. So at this point you don't have any idea as to an amount you can claim back. So, the first thing I would do is send a CCA request to HSBC which should furnish you with the agreement. You will need to send them £1 to cover the cost and they have 12+2 days to respond. If it is a single premium then it should feature on the agreement.

If it doesn't, you can ask the bank to send you statements (I thought they had to send you statements regularly anyway). If they say thay can't or won't then the easiest way is then to send them a SAR which will cost you £10 but will get you every bit of information they have on you in respect of your dealings with the bank and that will include statements.

I would start with the CCA request though. There are templates in the library on this site that you can tailor to your requirements. When you get the agreement, post it up here so you can be helped further. When you post it up here, make sure you remove all personal information, bar codes etc so that it cannot be used to identify you.

ims

Thank you Ims, I'll find the CCA template and get it sent off tomorrow.

I'll come back as soon as the Bank respond,thanks again.

• 6 months later...

I am thrilled to tell you that I have just received an offer from HSBC for £8490.00!!

I wrote to them with a feint heart thinking that I could never be that lucky but I have it now in black and white,needless to say that I'm ecstatic.

The personal loan finished in September last year so I did think I was pushing my luck but thanks to your advice I thought that I'd try anyway.

Many,many thanks for your help and advice and I would urge anyone who felt like me to just write that letter,there was no fuss or arguement, just my money WOO WOO!!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?304781-PPI-Claim-where-do-I-start

well done

how does this figure compare to the figure of your SOC?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

schedule of charges [spreadsheet]

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

To be honest I get really bamboozled with all of the figures and haven't even attempted to work out how much I should have been repaid.

I just wrote to the HO of the Bank after making three requests for a copy of the original loan (which I never received).I really didn't think it was going anywhere and was amazed to receive their offer letter today.

To be honest I get really bamboozled with all of the figures and haven't even attempted to work out how much I should have been repaid.

I just wrote to the HO of the Bank after making three requests for a copy of the original loan (which I never received).I really didn't think it was going anywhere and was amazed to receive their offer letter today.

i have moved these posts to your existing thread.

great payout

but how do you KNOW they have paidout properly?

dx

and they