• Tweets

• it a voluntary arrangement, you cant simply stop paying and IGNORE everyone. block and bounce all their email addresses. do not reply! there nothing really legal they can do at all. sorry but you've been had blind from day one. its a real shame you didnt come here when the debts started going legal, you wouldn't have CCJ's at all as i bet all your debts are Credit cards loans etc - all simple consumer credit. and i bet you've not had any bailiffs but powerless DCA claiming to be a bailiff (as they do!) . a bailiff is sent by a court not a DCA. incidentally, even if they were court sent bailiffs,  there not right of forced entry on CCJ debts anyway.... see if you meet the DRO criteria if not just ignore them and stop paying. you can deal with your creditors directly with help from us not thru a IVA.
    • No need to post photos and no need to add names of people you have had dealings with. Just provide a short summary of what problem you are facing and a chronological list of what has happened until now. 
    • If that is the first final notice you have received you can probably expect two or thee more to follow. This to test your resolve. They are hoping that these frightening 😃 letters will scare you into paying. After the third or fourth final demand they then have to decide  whether to actually proceed with a court claim or forget about you for a while. You were not the driver, their PCN is non compliant .No biggy.Slam dunk win for you.
    • This journo thinks Trump wants a Mafia state. I wonder if his supporters really want him to be immune if he orders a political assassination? The surest sign yet that Donald Trump wants to run the US like the mafia INEWS.CO.UK The Trumps want to make sure nothing like the rule of law stops them  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Repossession notice received! - **WON - SUSPENDED!**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've managed to get myself in a right mess. I was made redundant over 6 months ago and have fallen behind with my mortgage payments. 'Preferred' sought a Possession order which was granted on the 1st December and is due to expire on the 29th December.

I'm still unemployed and not receiving any benefits towards my housing costs so the possibilty of making any arrangement with Preferred is zero to none.

Obviously this is having a massive impact on my mental state and the thought that once Christmas is done with I could effectively be homeless is devastating.

I'm not sure that anything can be done but I thought I'd post here to see if anyone has a pearl of wisdom I could use to delay the Warrant of Eviction as its quite cold to be sleeping in a ditch.

Thanks in advance!

PS out of curiosity does anyone know how quickly 'A warrant of eviction' is usually issued? By this I mean how quickly i have to vacate the premises after the possession order elapses.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've managed to get myself in a right mess. I was made redundant over 6 months ago and have fallen behind with my mortgage payments. 'Preferred' sought a Possession order which was granted on the 1st December and is due to expire on the 29th December.

I'm still unemployed and not receiving any benefits towards my housing costs so the possibilty of making any arrangement with Preferred is zero to none.

Obviously this is having a massive impact on my mental state and the thought that once Christmas is done with I could effectively be homeless is devastating.

I'm not sure that anything can be done but I thought I'd post here to see if anyone has a pearl of wisdom I could use to delay the Warrant of Eviction as its quite cold to be sleeping in a ditch.

Thanks in advance!

PS out of curiosity does anyone know how quickly 'A warrant of eviction' is usually issued? By this I mean how quickly i have to vacate the premises after the possession order elapses.

Hi ,.. Sorry to hear about your situation , but think you are on the right road finding this forum ,.. you will need to post up some more information for others to be able to offer help and advice ,.. Eviction is the last resort , and your lenders must only use this as last resort ,.. look forward to hearing more , and hopefully give our advice we recieved as we were in same postion a few weeks back , ,... basically you want more time ,.. to hopefully pull things round , giving yourself more time to address the amount owed ,.. I think your arrears will include charges & interest , and if so , then that is not a true reflection of what is really owed ,.. as only contractually month payments can be added to arrears ,.. so make the amount owed (disputed ,) ,.. I would make a complaint to OFT & FOS ,.. and mention this to lenders and the judge , as whilst in dispute can not force eviction ,.. hopefully this gives you the extra time to get things together , believe you will have about a 12 week wait before you hear back from OFT FOS ,.. hope this helps and lifts the doom and gloom , .. enjoy christmas as lots can be done ,

Hi there, as you are unemployed have you applied for mortgage interest relief?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

You are in good hands now with Ell-enn ,.. Merry xmas Ell-enn

Merry Xmas to you too :)

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi there, as you are unemployed have you applied for mortgage interest relief?

No, I haven't heard of it.

I keep asking at the job centre is theres any help available and I keep getting the same answer that because I own a property as opposed to renting a council house theres nothing for me.

Support for Mortgage Interest Homeowners on certain benefits may be able to get help towards mortgage interest payments called Support for Mortgage Interest (SMI). You should contact your local Jobcentre Plus to discuss this option. However, if you are eligible for Support for Mortgage Interest you will not also be able to access Homeowners Mortgage Support.

You may get help with mortgage interest payments as part of your benefits if you are a homeowner and are eligible for:

• Income Support
  • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Pension Credit

SMI isn’t available to help you pay:

• the amount you borrowed (only the interest on the mortgage is paid)
  • anything towards insurance policies you have
  • mortgage arrears

You should contact your local Jobcentre Plus to discuss Support for Mortgage Interest.

I would make a complaint to OFT & FOS ,.. and mention this to lenders and the judge , as whilst in dispute can not force eviction ,.. hopefully this gives you the extra time to get things together , believe you will have about a 12 week wait before you hear back from OFT FOS ,.. hope this helps and lifts the doom and gloom , .. enjoy christmas as lots can be done ,

I'd like to get things moving on this as it could buy me a lot of time. Does anyone know how I go about it?

I would contact the courts and let them know that you are in receipt of benefits and that you are waiting on a decision for the mortgage help... they will probably want to issue another date for a hearing, and Preferred should be made to comply by giving you a statement showing the TRUE arrears, its part of the pre-court protocols and they should have done this originally.

You can probably also apply for a set aside on the original possession order on the grounds that your circumstances have changed and that the original arrears were incorrect.

Ell-enn will be able to advise on the best course to get the judgement overthrown.

yes would dispute arrears , as they will be charges and interest added within the total amount ,.. like I said you can only be in arrears for contractual monthly payments (so amount of missed payments would be your true arrears ) , I would still make a complaint to OFT & FOS , even if it is to gain more time as law states can not be evicted whilst complaint is logged , then you can spend time waiting on agreements and documents , and you will wait ,.. but can see you do not have much time to be chasing everything up now especially as its xmas ,.. can be used as excuse for none complience to requests ,... We were in same situation as yourself 3 weeks back ,.. still here and adjourned till 12th of march ,.. and that gives us the time to address everything and hopefully if our argument fails we have the arrears money to clear the threat ,.. remember you want more time , and after reading endless for 3 weeks I see this as the best route forward ,.. at least you enjoy xmas without worrying or spending it sending off requests for details ,.. it can not hurt to exercise this option ,..

Jopea

The advice from Ell-enn and sillygirl1 is good, follow it :)

I also have a mortgage with Preferred, and was able to the stop the eviction with the help of Ell-enn.

As you now know you have been ordered to give possession on the 29th, Preferred cant take the property without a warrant, they will apply for this on the first available day after the 29th. The court will send you a copy of the warrant with the eviction date (it may be hand delivered by a court bailiff) the date will be anything from 10 days to a couple of weeks after the 29th.

When you receive the eviction notice that is the time to apply to the court for it to be stopped. You apply using the N244 form and stating your reasons (you have several, and Ell-enn will help) you will also need to pay £35. The court will give you an appointment before a Judge.

Before that time you need to do a couple of things; sort out your application with the Benefit office for help with the mortgage, you wont get any money yet but it is very important that you have documentary evidence of the ongoing application. Tell the benefit office that you are being evicted and need a letter confirming the application.

Secondly, check very carefully the arrears being claimed, your arrears are only the difference between your monthly mortgage payment and what you have actually paid. Preferred will add on loads of charges and claim this as the 'mortgage shortfall' hoping to hoodwink you and the court, so pen paper and calculator so that you can tell the Judge the actual arrears are £xx and not the £xx as claimed by Preferred.

Good Luck and remember you will get plenty of support and good advice here, we've been through the same thing.

Regards

on*the*case

Never Give Up! Never Surrender!

now now on*the*case ,.. I believe the route you pointed out will be followed , but is they anything wrong with making a complaint ? are they not they to make complaints too? you make it sound if my advice was wrong or intended to do harm , I have pointed out that Jopea is in good hands with Ell-enn ,.. and sure will be advisd best route to take , but for piece of mind whilst head is all over why not take a step (which costs nothing ) in lifting the gloom (as it is xmas) , then can worry about things after xmas , as most offices and businesses will be closing for xmas period ,.. of course read up many posts over xmas to inform yourself and get an understanding of your case ,..

Hi there, make sure you take a copy of the completed form before posting. Also, send the form to Preferred by either recorded delivery or if you can afford it send by special delivery. Keep the postal receipt with your copy of the form and in a few days check the royalmail website to print off the signature receipt. Keep all this together in a safe place - you may need to produce it in court. Also keep any letters or documents showing your entitlement to the MIR with the above.

If Preferred take further action, we can defend in court with the evidence of MIR that you have.

Also, make sure you have the correct address and department at Preferred, it will be on letters from their legal/collections department.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, I can help you if you can be on line this evening?

Have you got your copy of the MI12 form - you will need to submit that with the N244 to prove you are awaiting payment from them.

Oh Blimey, the one thing I forgot to do was photocopy the MI12. I know that Capstone have received it as I've spoken to them about it. How stupid of me yes I will be online tonight.

In the meanwhile is there a way I can get a copy from the DWP or something?

EDIT: Just spoken to Capstone and they will send me a copy of the MI12 today. They did keep saying scary stuff like there's no way that the repossession could be halted by submission of a MI12 and that the only way to stop it would be an arrangement.

Hi there, make sure you take a copy of the completed form before posting. .

I was just about to wack it in the post :eek: Off to the library then the post office instead.

Oh Blimey, the one thing I forgot to do was photocopy the MI12. I know that Capstone have received it as I've spoken to them about it. How stupid of me yes I will be online tonight.

:rolleyes:

In the meanwhile is there a way I can get a copy from the DWP or something?

EDIT: Just spoken to Capstone and they will send me a copy of the MI12 today. They did keep saying scary stuff like there's no way that the repossession could be halted by submission of a MI12 and that the only way to stop it would be an arrangement.

Let's hope they do what they say (but I wouldn't bet on it!)- you could contact the DWP and ask to get confirmation your claim is in process.

In any case the Civil Justice Council Mortgage arrears protocols state that no action for possession should be progressed if the defendant has an ongoing claim for mortgage interest relief, so Crapstone are talking out of their backsides again!

Let's hope they do what they say (but I wouldn't bet on it!)- you could contact the DWP and ask to get confirmation your claim is in process.

In any case the Civil Justice Council Mortgage arrears protocols state that no action for possession should be progressed if the defendant has an ongoing claim for mortgage interest relief, so Crapstone are talking out of their backsides again!

I rang the DWP first off and they haven't received the form from Capstone yet. I paid for next day delivery on the 29th December and Capstone said that they didnt receive it until well into the new year, I do have the receipt for next day delivery with Capstone on the address but I dont think that'll carry much weight in a court of law.

I dont know why I didnt photocopy it, I went to my local library to do it and it was closed so I thought I'll do it at the large one in town. I've no idea why i wouldn't but definitely cant remember doing it, very strange.

If I dont receive the copied form from Capstone by Monday I'll call around again. I will get a copy of this form if it kills me.