• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

northern rock reprossession order **SUSPENDED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have found another intrest only letter fron n rock today and have photocopied along with the other 2 also found some more statements i have total charges off £843.20 from april 2010 till january 2011 although they will no doubt add another legal charge to that of £156.10 for this month on my statements it has mortgage payment due date as the 1st of the month although we have always paid on the 24th of the month and were told by n rock that as long as it was recieved before the end of the month it was ok the charges are added on the 1st of each mnth aswell

had to speak to n rock about who postal order shud be made out too they didnt know themselfs had to wait 10mins while they found out then was basically told that it wouldnt get here before eviction date and the only way i would stop eviction was to pay lump sum or all arrears off and although i have been making payments since last eviction was stopped they havent been for full contractual payment there fore not agreed by them selfs so reprossesion order been applied for again they are limited to what they can do at this stage and although they admitt i have been ringing them at least twice a mnth since last eviction stopped i have never had an agreement in place for payments other than contractual which they knew we couldnt afford from breakdown we sent back in june

had to speak to n rock today to find out who to send postal order to for sar they didnt know had to wait 10 mins for them to find out then was basically told that it wouldnt be here for evition date any how and the only way id stop eviction was to pay off arrears or pay a considerable lump sum towards it was told that although i have been making regular payment since last eviction was stopped it wasnt for my contractual payment there fore they had applied for eviction as these payments were not an agreement by them selfs even though they addmitted that i had been ringing them at least twice a month since last eviction stopped to keep them updated i told them they had recieved an income and expenditure in june when eviction was stoped so they knew what we had left to pay them by that which is what i have been paying was told there was nothing they can do as they are limmited on a second eviction and they are priority ect ect they also told me they are adding charges to arrears each month which they are apparently allowed to do which is pushing the arrears total up and up they also said they didnt know why the intrest onlys hadnt been accepted although they can see from notes ive had regular contact with the to try and sort .

they basically couldnt give a toss

rang stafford court today to check wether eviction date had come through was told they dont have a baliff anymore so had to ring burton instead there bailiff office is only open 8.30 till 10.00am so gotta ring tomorrow have been told by court that i do not have to wait for eviction date before appling for n224 so any help by you guys would be great please

I dont know if Ell-enn would agree with this but i always think it best to wait for the notice to arrive because you have all the paperwork and it prevents confusion and communication issues between lender,their reps,you and the courts,believe me,one peice of paperwork missing and the complications can be horrendous

Yes, it's best to wait for the eviction notice - if you apply before you receive it the fee is £75 but if you wait till it comes the fee drops to £35.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

No problem, will catch up with you later and we can work on it over the weekend if that's ok?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

yes thats great thankyou

so glad there are people like you and newstarter who will help dont know what i would have done without your support :-)

will be back on about 7ish tonight and whenever you are free over the weekend

thanks again

this may seem like a silly question my mortgage payment is due on the 24th of this mnth with eviction date on the 8th do i pay my mortgage payment plus 100 towards arrears or wait for court date? my only consern in paying is what happens if court case doesnt go in my favour i would need that cash to find some where else for my family to live, but then i think if i pay it it will show judge that we can make the payments we are proposing in income and expenditure for court

Yes pay it whatever you do,if you withold payment it will look bad for you in court,dont give their side anymore ammunition than they already have,anyway if you dont the judge will want to know why and it would show a lack of confidence in both paying your mortgage and the arrears.Just pay your contractual monthly payment and the 100 off the arrears on the 24th.

P.S dont panic we have 3 weeks,i see ELL-enn is preparing your paperwork this weekend,take this time to check and double check all your paperwork,there,s nothing worse than going to a court hearing and you find you have missed something,lets take our time and make sure everything is right.

thats what i originally thought it was just the what if we lose how will we afford some place else if i pay that amount out. i have confident and unconfident parts of the day mornings are usualy the worst time for me :lol: once the day gets going and i go through paper work we have i feel more confident about it all