• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

northern rock reprossession order **SUSPENDED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wouldnt do an I+E yet for N.R only a court can ask for that and when you get a court date we can help you with that,dont send any income details to N.R whatever you do they will be on the phone saying you can afford this that andthe other when you can,t ,you can do an i+e for you own reference though which i think is a good idea.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, when you hear about the eviction date we'll do the N244.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

recieved 3 letters today from optima legal today one for me one for my husband and one addressed to the occupier? they state order was made 5th jan 2011 n rock state it was made the 4th jan 2011 recieved letter the 5th from n rock telling us they had applied for order fastest they have ever got a letter out to us

OK, I'll start to draft a statement to go with the N244 so it's all ready for when you receive the eviction notice. I'll also give you instructions for completing the form.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

OK they have applied for the eviction order,this of course will or should be hand delivered probobly next week or at the latest the week after next.One way to keep a step ahead is to ring the court bailiffs office and ask if they have recieved the warrant,you really want to do this once a day from next week as sometimes they drop through your letterbox with only two or three days till the actual date .Give them a ring round about 3.30pm in the afternoons as it can be lying on their desk for two or three days before its delivered.

Have you got any proof you are both working again? wages slips? contract/offer letter from employers? Do you also have a letter from them stating they would change to interest only mortgage?

sorry i have had internet connection probs

newstarter; when we have recieved evition notices before they have been posted to us never had them hand delivered

ell-enn

yes my husband has wage slips i have 1 wage slip at min should get next on friday and yes have intrest only letters several in fact all with diffrent dates and amounts on

Ring your local county court and they will put you through to the bailiffs office,as regards wether the notice is posted or hand delivered it does not really matter,but make sure your on the ball checking with the court bailiffs,just google up your local county court and you will find the main number,ring that then just ask them to put you through.

The eviction notice will most likely come in the post and give anything between 10 and 21 days (usually 14). As soon as you get it you can take the N244 form to the court and they will give you a hearing which will be within a few days of you handing in the form. Have you made any payments recently or are you able to make a payment soon?

It would also be helpful if you had a bank statement or any other proof of all the payments you have made since the suspended possession so you can show the court you have been trying to maintain payments even though your husband was out of work.

Unfortunatley that isn,t always the case,my notice was in the bailiffs office for three days ,then it was hand delivered with 7 days notice,luckily i had all my paperwork completedalso when i applied to have the order lifted,i was speaking to a couple in court who had just 3 days notice,so be careful,of course these could be instances which are not the norm but it shows it can happen.

ell-enn i was out of work and my hubby was on short time i have some bank statements showing payments from when eviction was stopped last time i have had a route round and have found 2 letters from n rock or nram as they are now for the intrest only transfer first dated 13 oct 2009 and second 19th nov 2010 both have been returned to them but we were never transfered over unfortunatly i do not have proof i returned them though.

That's fine - can you take photocopies of all of those please and we'll use them to support your statement. I doesn't matter that you can't prove you returned the interest only letters, the fact that you have the letters from them offering to change over will do - we'll simply state that you sent off acceptance.

You say the arrears are £21,000 ? that represents a lot of missed payments, there must be charges contained in that figure. Do you have any statements from NR at all that might show how much they have been charging each month for you being in arrears?

the last eviction we got stopped was applied for on the 22nd june 2010 our eviction date was the 20th july 2010 this was only stopped by us borrowing money from family to live on and paying n rock £1078.60 that mnth with a break down of income hubby wage slips bank statements ect there was no agreement made was told to pay what we could and they would send an intrest only form to us which we recieved on the 19th november 2010 we carried on paying what we could while we have been awaiting outcome aqnd recieved the new eviction order on the 5th jan 2011 when i rang to ask why was told we hadnt meet contractual payments and that the 21000 needed paying to cancel eviction or a lump sum towards

Have you any idea exactly how many payments you have missed? - the arrears figure is very high to be just missed payments

ell-enn i have managed to find a few they are chargig 25 mnth arrears adninistration charge i have 156.10 for legal charge and 25.00 for payment option fee althogh i dont know what that is for from may to aug 2010 totaly 281.10

they say its 36 mnths but i dont know if thats correct also on 1st dec 2010 arrears were 18057.36 but letter i have for 12th nov 2010 states 20370.60 and the letter i have for 4th jan informing of this possession order states 18259.06 but when i rang was told it was 21000 so i am really confussed on the arrears front

They've probably added in the next payment due - what date are your monthly payments supposed to be made ?

Is that the date in your mortgage contract or is that the date you have arranged with them?

OK, just wondered if they might have added the payment due on 24th of this month.

How much is your monthly payment now and how much could you offer towards the arrears?

How much would the monthly payment be if it changed to interest only ?