• Tweets

• Not quite sure what you are trying to say but anyway please could you avoid posting solid blocks of text because it is extremely difficult for people to follow – especially if they are using small screen such as telephones. I have restructured your post above. Properly spaced and punctuated please. Thanks
    • I have received an email from town and country on behalf of everday loans. I assume I don’t reply to the email?   Any advice appreciated 
    • Hello, my name is Chris and aswell as saying hello, am checking my posts pop out nicely.  I have  an ongoing problem with British Gas(which shouldn't have become a problem at all), which has cannonballed into recently involving the Energy Ombudsman, Ofgem and I even, hasten to add our government because I am at wit's end. I have a couple of questions. What I write is likely to be mammoth size, I really would like to indicate why I am at wit's end, and as far as I am concerned (conjecture and opinion) its an indication of the inadequacy of our country's system that since and including John Major has been deliberately brought in to be such. Anyway hello and my 2 questions are ' Can I post photos and if so how, are there any instructions?'  and secondly,  ' To what extent can I mention names in what I post, first names only, second names? only, both allowed where known? quoting or gist acceptable, do I need to even though its case and should be anyway, state it's a truthful and honest account?'  It's been ongoing for over a year now on something which I am guessing should get sorted in maybe a month for most people, and I would actually like to go into fuller details than I've even said to them because I feel its important you know that I HAVE been significantly hindered and am living under that still as I speak/type.  
    • Well, Have we all got our piccy id ready to start taking out the Tories err Trash in the locals?
    • Thank you, I’m wary about calling ask know bullying tactics wilL start. I’m happy to write to them.  I will see what happens when we visit the garage. 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

northern rock reprossession order **SUSPENDED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi myself my husband and our 3 year old son have lived in our property since 2004 it is mortgaged by northern rock when we first moved in we were very nieve about what we were getting into and missed several mortgage payment we were taking to court in 2005 and got a suspended order on the mortgage and managed to keep up payments to a degree.in 2006 i unexpectedly fell pregnant and became unemployed in 2007 obviousley with a new baby and only my husbands income coming in we again fell behind with our payments i bnotified northerrn rock of our situation and have kept in regular contact with them at the beging of 2010 we were issued with an eviction notice that i managed to get stoped then my husband was put on short time and our income dropped i again notified northern rock and was told to pay what we could afford and that as long as we made some form of payment we would be ok about 5 mnths ago we were again issued with an eviction order i again contacted them sent bank statement wage slips breakdown of income ect and paid over a £1000 to them to stop eviction was told i needed to maintain regular payments of £350 for 3 mnths and then they would transfer us to an intrest only which was £450 a mnth we agreed to do this payed them mnthy payment and sent back intrest only form we never got the intrest only transfer and our mortgage payments are £599 mnth when ni have spoken to n rock about this they have told me that as long as i make a contribution to mortgage payment each month we would be ok which we have except in november of 2010 on the 4th jan 2011 we recieved another letter of reprossesion of course i rang n rock straight away and was told i needed to make a payment of £599 and a lump sum towards arrears which are £21000 told them we could make regular contractual payments from the 24th of this mnth as i have started working again was told that they would note down but they still want a lump sum towards arrears there is no possible way we can do this we live mnth to mnth when i asked what kind of lump sum they were looking for was told that was up to me they again asked for wage slip ect which i cannot supply mine as i only started working yesterday the 6th and they are asking for 4 off and obviously i will not get them in time before eviction date arrives going through our income with myself working we can do the £599 mnthly payment plus £100 towards arrears. is there anything you could recomend i do i have down loaded the n whatever it is forms and break down of income but i am unsure of how to fill in and what to say ect plus unsure wether a judge would rule in our favour if we do this

i have a 20 mins free consultation with a solicitor next week but obviously after that i would need to pay and i cant really afford to

at the min i am desperate for help and sleep any help you could give would be great

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there Liz sorry to read about your situation but try not to worry too much your at the right place.First off a couple of questions

1,when is the eviction date for?

2,how much of the 21,000 is charges,if you look hard enough im sure you will find charges,eg late payment fees,arrears fees and so on.?

3 have you got anything down in writing from N.R as to why they refused a move to intrest only,and any letters containing that initial offer?

4 did you attend the origiinal hearing?

5 is your partner working full time again?

Lots of questions i know but the more info we have the better,plus anything else you may have forgot,ie letters from N.R any corespondence you have recieved in terms of offers from them,post as much info as you can,dont worry we can help you with this.

P.S if your being charged monthly fees for being in arrears,it would be a good idea to go through all your back statements and add these up,(pain in the butt i know) but you may be due some money back,secondly have charges been added to the arrears figure?,a lot to do but it could pay dividends in the long run.

hi

1 havent recieved date as yet

2 not sure how much is charges to tell truth

3 no

4 yes i did my husband was at work

5 yes my hubby working normal full time hours again

we have had several letters from n rock about going on intrest only but they have never been accept by them once sent back we did try and get a remortgage type of thing with them but again that wasnt succesfull havent had a responce to why this is just told i need to make regular payments which i have been doing atmittedly they are not for full contractual payment but they have had some type of payment from us and like i previously said i have kept in regular contact with them although they donot seem to contact us either by phone or mail very often

Yes you can and should request statements from them,you seem to be missing some paperwork so i would hit them with a S.A.R request for a start,this is a subject access request ,enclose a 10 pound postal order and in your letter ask for every scrap of information they have on you and your account this will include,

statements

all corespondence by letter and phone

copy of mortgage agreement

copy of the deeds

you may not get that in time for an n244 hearing but its a dam good place to start,i would get cracking and send the request off to N.R, a.s.a.p,they have 40 days to supply you with this information which is your right under the data protection act.As for the rest of your post,good to see you are both working so there is a change of circumstances,secondly im glad to see you have not recieved a date yet so plenty of time to get your paperwork together,i notice there has been a lack of contact from N.R which must have been unhelpful,but no worries thats something else that can be used in your defence.Now as i said earlier you need to do some number crunching regarding this arrears and any charges added to it.

P.S dont go trying to pay off lump sums that you cannot afford,dont let them bully you into unrealistic repayment arrangements that you cannot keep,i suspect this to be the case in the past and it has got you nowhere so keep to your plan for now,599 plus 100 off the arrears and start chasing up that paperwork and doing the sums,try not to worry too much,you should be ok and i cannot see you loosing your home.

ok will get typed up tonight and posted first thing by recorded delivery and will try and find previous statements to see if they are adding to arrears with charges

n rock claim to have sent letters but i have not recieved and they claim to ring but have had no calls or messages and i have repeated told them if they ring and i donoyt answert leave msge saying it them and i will call back asap

you are right with the bullying with un realistic ammounts which is why i have been paying what i can when i can which every one advises you do im just worried the judge wont look in our favor as we have been court before and not kept to agrement and the fact that we owe so much inb arears

Your right Liz they will bully you into unrealistic agreements then when you get to court you cannot keep them so we must get it right this time and leave a little money over for the month as a cushion and not skint yourselves to the tune where you cannot keep to an agreement set by the court,step by step we shall get this right,panicking is the worst thing you can do,you will agree to anything if you do that im sure you will be fine.

remember try to account for every last penny,from the day you moved in till present day,that lot should keep your mind off things this weekend,oh and get all your paperwork in dated order and put it in a file so every letter is to hand should we need it.

Hi Elzerbeth, affixed is the mortgage SAR letter you need. Also affixed is the budget sheet we normally use - it calculates automatically as you fill it in - remember that the amount you are offering to pay towards the arrears, is the amount left over after everything else has been accounted for.

Let us know when you have done the budget sheet and I will draft a letter for you to send to the lender making your offer of payment, this will help your case when you go to court.

When you get a notice of eviction we can help you with the N244 application for a hearing to suspend the eviction.

Mortgage SAR.doc

Budget Sheet.xls

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

One more thing - when you send the postal order with the SAR - write on the back of it "fee for Subject Access Request Only" also write your name and address and mortgage account number. Take a photocopy of the front and back of the PO and keep that with a copy of the letter for your records. Check on the royalmail website a few days after posting to print off the signature receipt - keep that safe with the copy letter.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

just doing break down of income it asks for pay before deductions how does this then take into account tax and national insurance that has to come off pay? as the amount im getting left over for creditors isnt the amount id have once tax and insurance is taken out

i am doing the breakdown of income it asks for pay before deductions if this is the case how does it take into consideration the tax and national insurance we pay out because the amount it says we have left over is not correct once tax and insurance has been taken out

In Step 1 (first line) It asks for pay net after deductions - so that is your take home pay