Atos assessment result...

Quixotic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got a letter today from dwp, the change of circumstances one that states they are going to pay x amount from x date, after going to the back page and seeing it stating extra money because i've been placed in the work related activity group i'm assuming that they have found me unfit for work at the moment? not sure if I should be pleased or not! I mean it's better than having to go through the appeal process don't get me wrong but I don't know what this work related activity group involves... and to be honest I had prepared myself for the worst thinking that i'd have to appeal, so in a way i'm surprised! Does anyone know what exactly the work related activity group involves? I really hope it's not going to be like jobseekers with me having to look for work at the moment, sounds like it with the words 'work related' not sure if i'm going to get any more letters detailing anything or if they automatically send a copy of the assessment, also do I have to keep sending in medical certificates? I'm really pleased I found this website though because if it wasn't for the help of others or reading about other peoples ordeals, I don't think i'd have filled the esa50 in properly or taken it as serious so thank you to those that helped me, I really appreciate it.

I don't know the whole deal but expect to have appointments with a personal advisor who will talk about your possibility of working part-time at some point in the future.

They will also ask have you got a CV and they may advise learning courses etc. Nothing to worry about, they just try to gently nudge you towards becoming employable.

If you can't cope with it, it's not your fault and you should not be penalized.

Others may have different views on this depending on how they have been treated. It varies depending on the DWP staff involved. They are not all bad.

- dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

Atos and the DWP are curing people by the thousands(!)

It's a miracle(!)

- dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

I had one of my interviews recently - it was fine, he took one look at me and agreed I couldn't work. But that was Shaw Trust who are being replaced, but he seemed really reasonable. Not sure what the new lot will be like. I had my medical in December and have had only one interview since then. They can't actually force you to do anything. As long as turn up to the interviews, its all you need to do really. Not sure if its trained but it used to be only six interviews that you had to have - but I'm not sure as it may changed since I did the course a couple of years ago.

Got a letter today from dwp, the change of circumstances one that states they are going to pay x amount from x date, after going to the back page and seeing it stating extra money because i've been placed in the work related activity group i'm assuming that they have found me unfit for work at the moment? not sure if I should be pleased or not! I mean it's better than having to go through the appeal process don't get me wrong but I don't know what this work related activity group involves... and to be honest I had prepared myself for the worst thinking that i'd have to appeal, so in a way i'm surprised! Does anyone know what exactly the work related activity group involves? I really hope it's not going to be like jobseekers with me having to look for work at the moment, sounds like it with the words 'work related' not sure if i'm going to get any more letters detailing anything or if they automatically send a copy of the assessment, also do I have to keep sending in medical certificates? I'm really pleased I found this website though because if it wasn't for the help of others or reading about other peoples ordeals, I don't think i'd have filled the esa50 in properly or taken it as serious so thank you to those that helped me, I really appreciate it.

When I used to go and signed on I often used to see a group of people go into a room I asked my Job Centre advisor why are all these people going into one room she said they were the related work activity group they are called every so often to see if their circumstances had changed also if they have thought about going back to work or have looked for work. The difference with the work related activity group is that you are not force to look for a job.

Quite simply' date=' you are summoned to the Job Centre about once a month and they discuss your condition and how they can assist in getting you back to work. It is that simple.[/quote']

No you dont.

You have 6 interviews and I had these even before my medical.

When I was put into the work focused group I had one more meeting with an advisor from Atos and that was that.

I'm not even sure you get the ATOS interview now, mine was 10 months ago.

Quite conflicting accounts....

So basically they are saying yeah you are kind of ill but not ill enough? rather amusing, i'll be going to citizens advice to ask them what they think on the matter, I need to get a copy of my medical report but I don't know who to request that from or how I do it, does anyone know?