SAR Failure?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon Everyone,8)

What do you do when a creditor fails your SAR request?

For me this relates to Black Horse sending back my Postal Order on the 36th day of my request stating they require an account number or more information. Upon phoning them I was put through to another department who within 10 minutes found my account.

So are they now going to comply.

If you have sent all the necessary information (including any fee) and the organisation does not respond to your request within 40 days; or you are not satisfied with their response, you should send them a reminder letter by recorded delivery (and keep a copy of the letter).

If you do not get a reply fairly quickly, or you think the information you receive is wrong or incomplete, you can ask the ICO to carry out an assessment to see whether it is likely or unlikely that the organisation has responded properly or take legal action through the court.

What orders can the court make?

If a court is satisfied that an organisation has not dealt with a subject access request in line with the Act, the court can order them to comply. The court also has the power to award compensation.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi maroondevo52,The other department they put me through to turned out be their solicitors. They eventually confirmed they had all my details on fiche so I have SARed them.I am about to resend my SAR request to BH (PPI/charges claim) along with my returned fee, but I was looking to add a cover letter stating they had failed my initial request. As even though I had NOT supplied any additional information, upon my phone call and my insistence they find my details or stop reporting on my credit file, lo and behold my agreement is found whilst I'm on the phone.I felt as if BH were being deliberately awkward in the hope I gave up or is that just the cynic in me? lol

Edited by xboxer