Overclockers PC Issues

mk_elj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4772 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening all, I was looking for some advice regarding some PC issues. I purchased a new PC, it wasn't cheap, but was a good spec. Since then, the timeline is as follows:

• 20th Jan, system purchased on Overclockers website
  • 22nd Jan, dead on arrival. Customer support suggest graphics card issues, return card (at own expense!)
  • 29th Jan, replacement card doesn't help, whole system returned.
  • Early/mid Feb - system working fine
  • 28th Feb, system fails - support suggests power supply issue, return PSU (at my own expense again!). PSU gets sent back to manufacturer for investigation.
  • 26th Mar, new PSU received - doesn't help. Whole system returned.
  • 12th Apr, system received back. Now works, but constant lock ups/blue screen of death.

To date, I've been able to use it for about 2 weeks despite having it for nearly 3 months.

What are my rights on this, given that it is a series of faults rather than one big issue they have failed to fix?

I have spent quite a lot of money on phone calls to tech support, and on postage fees. I also have to take time off work to deal with couriers etc, and I can't be bothered to keep going through it. I was thinking of rejecting it somehow, although I paid with debit rather than a credit card. What should I do?

Thanks for your help.

Contact them by writing immediately, send it via recorded delivery stating that you are formally rejecting the goods under the sale of goods act 1979.

See here for a template letter, just fill in the blanks and you're away.

https://consumer-tools.direct.gov.uk/consumer-advice/template_letters/SGA1979/

They will probably try and fob you off by offering a reduced refund but for a 3 month old system this is laughable. I wouldn't accept a penny less than the full amount originally paid. I would also consider claiming back for all your additional postage costs returning faulty components back to them. Given that the system is still well within warranty, THEY should have been responsible for these in the first place.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update, I have contacted them using the template as suggested, but stopping short of formally rejecting so as to give them a final chance to resolve. They have offered a refund of costs incurred, and a new system as replacement (i.e. not a rebuild of the old one, a brand new one). As the system I specced was pretty much my ideal, I'm minded to accept for now. Thanks for the help