Pastdue chasing debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4764 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have received a letter from Pastdue for my son in relation to Gas/electric used at an apartment he had in Aberdeen. He has been disputing the account with the supplier for some time now and we had a letter yesterday from them saying payup within 7 days (dated 31st March) or they will pass to DCA, followed today by a letter from Pastdue (dated 5th April) - so much for 7 days?!

Anyways Pastdue say the pursuer is SWALEC - I think this mean WELSH ELECTRIC COMPANY and not SCOTTISH ????? Also the account number supplied does not match the suppliers account number.

As my son no longer lives with us in Germany, he's in Jordan somewhere, can I just inform them and tell them to bogoff?

The supplier also threatened to involve a German DCA - can they do this?

Thanks

G

I wouldn't waste your time calling them, they will only call you a liar.

Just stick the letters back in the post, "RTS not known at this address", that's what my Mum does with all of the drivel that comes through her door for me.

As for a German DCA, pah!! The sole fact that DCA's have absolutely NO legal powers what so ever is your permission to laugh at them, they are simply deluded, and seem to think that we all came down in the last shower, there is NOTHING they can possibly do, they like to think they can but unfortunately their game is up, the cat is out of the bag, they are simply the jokers who are in charge of doing someone else's dirty work for them.

For peace of mind, those letters are simply printed off by a computer, and it has a set timescale it goes by, so unless the computer has any human input to tell it to stop, it will simply carry on with it's puerile empty threat cycle.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The supplier also threatened to involve a German DCA - can they do this?
technically yes, but they cannot take enforcement action without a court order. They wouldn't be able to do so in the UK because a CCJ cannot be made against a non-UK resident, nor can they obtain it in Germany if he is no longer a resident.

There are certain reciprocal agreements between countries where a creditor can apply to the resident country for a judgement but Jordan isn't one of them. ;)

If you get any further mail just return it unopened & marked 'not at this address'. If they continue to bother you make a complaint to Trading Standards here in the UK http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Consumerrights/index.htm

Also have a read of; http://www.oft.gov.uk/news-and-updates/press/2010/65-10

and; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?250889-Can-I-Be-Sued-For-An-Overseas-Debt

Hi Bazooka_boo and Cerberusalert,

Thanks for the responses (and for moving this thread to the correct forum)

I have sent both the OC and the DCA a letter basically stating that the person(s) they want are not at the address given

I have also told my son to contact the power supplier to sort out just how much is owed correctly and then pay it (from Jordan in small amounts if necessary) !

Anyways I expect some more letter ping-pong as both my son and I have the same name

Thanks again

G