CCS Collect - 50% write off

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just read this thread with interest. I have to say I totally agree with dx on this. You really need to stop paying. They have said they do not have the facilities to obtain your CCA. If this is the case, how could they ever possibly enforce the debt? November is not that far off, so I would strongly recommend that you stop all payments and wait until November.

You are clearly a person of great principles which is good. However, you really are being exploited by this particular DCA and they are preying on your ignorance. Although there is not much time left, you might as well get in what revenge you can by ceasing payments.

At the end of the day, no one can force you to do this, and if you want to pay them more money through a F&F then that is your decision, but I know a few of the posters on this thread, including myself, and none of us would ever intentionally mislead you. The DCA would and is.

No I appreciate that. I'm just really clueless about it all but scared too that I might do something wrong. I will stop my payments to them but do I acknowledge why I'm not repaying them or just remain silent?

Placing it into dispute is definitely an option you could pursue to get them off your backs. It also explains to them why you are stopping your payments.

I realise that for an honest person this seems a bizarre action to take, but the more you read and learn about this area the more you realise you are actually dealing with people who have few, if any, moral principles.

Thank you! Yeah I'm just annoyed at myself for not questioning things sooner. Could have saved myself a lot of money! I'll wait until the full 12 working days is up (next week) and then send them the letter posted above.

I'm buzzing about getting this ended now!

• 1 month later...

I will be sending them that letter tomorrow as they have now sent me 3 letters regarding non payment. The last letter said my agreement was now cancelled and they are now demanding the full amount. I can't wait to send this letter and make them aware that I know my rights now!