Orange / Mackenzie Hall - Best way forward please

Faith
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4800 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am helping to sort any lurking past problems for my son who despite having turned his corner may have some ' financially challenging ' situations in his past. Having spent a couple of days reading here it appears he is just one of the current batch of the Orange / Arrow targets.

Brief synopsis: Febuary - letter arrived from Arrow Global Guernsey Ltd stating they had been assigned a debt, now owned, from Orange, via Everything Everywhere. We had no knowledge of this debt and ignored it.

March - a letter from Mackenzie Hall stating they are now the DCA for Arrow. Being a hoarder I climbed into loft for the archive box and have found old threatagrams from 2006 from a different DCA. We are not even sure what they were pertaining to at that time and were duly ignored. Certainly there has been no contact since then from anyone.

I can say in all honesty neither of us know what the debt is for, clearly phone ? Broadband ? But can't recall any.

Can I just confirm that a ' Prove it ' letter is the way to go first ? And should it be sent to Mackenzie Hall or the alledged owners Arrow? I only ask as the letter from Arrow expressly says that all comms / monies to go to Mackenzie hall.

I know a CCA is not relevant in this case, but what is available in it's place to determine this so called debt / account?

Now off to prepare thread for massive Lloyds / PPI problem HELPPPP lol

Many thanks in advance

If you have no idea of the nature of the debt, then yes a "prove it" letter would always be the first step.

Have you checked your credit file to see if there is anything listed from Orange?

normally the final bill/statement would be acceptable, but they will often be reluctant to provide this because it would demonstrate any charges which have been added to the account

Thank you....

Ummm I clearly have much to learn...how do I check my credit file? Is it one of these credit reports you can buy from Experian etc? absolutely yes

Sorry ( hangs head in shame )

We all started off knowing nothing, so please don't feel embarrassed

You can get a copy of your credit file for as little as £2, don't sign up for any sort of membership thing, you just need to see who is recording what on you.

Thanks for your kind understanding ....

Now while not missing the obvious is there a direction someone can point me in to get this file please ?

And is it available to arrange on the t'internet?

I have googled and all require signing up to some agreement or another....

Ok, statutory report ordered and paid for. ' Prove it ' letter ready to go recorded tomorrow.....should I be doing anything else?

Also without the ability to ask for a CCA, is there another template I need to send to gain the details they have?

Many thanks again for making this an easy to follow helpful procedure....and I hope you are all about to help me unvavel the hideous Lloyds screw up I have to unravel !

Ok, statutory report ordered and paid for. ' Prove it ' letter ready to go recorded tomorrow.....should I be doing anything else?

Also without the ability to ask for a CCA, is there another template I need to send to gain the details they have?

Many thanks again for making this an easy to follow helpful procedure....and I hope you are all about to help me unvavel the hideous Lloyds screw up I have to unravel !

Evening everyone,

An update - not heard anything from the DCA yet but the credit report has arrived. It does show Arrow Global - communications - listed and that it is in default. Says it was started in 2005 and defaulted in May 2006. There is not however any reference to Orange, either as the original account or a credit reference / account in their own right. Quite simply the only reference to this ' debtl ' is from arrow.

I have already sent a prove it letter, not signed and sent recorded, last week. So what is the best way forward please.

Nothing has changed, the Credit report simply demonstrates who (if anyone) has applied defaults to your account. Arow could simply be updating the original entry made by Orange

You are still awaiting their reply to your "prove it" letter, so until you receive this, just be patient

You say started in 2005 and defaulted in 2006. Does that mean the last payment was made in 2005? If that's the case its close to being statute barred - that means there's a six year period when firms like arrow and mackenze hall can chase for payments and take legal action to enforce it. Once the six year time is up they can ask for payment but cannot enforce it. Once you tell them you have no intention of paying - and why should you, its an organe matter, they have washed their hands of it for a few pounds - they are supposed to give up. Do you know when in 2005 the "matter started"?

Spamheed, thank you, I'll now wait with bated breath! Is their a time limit on the 'Prove it ' letter that they have to comply with?

Nailpost, The start date was 02/12/05, default was 15/05/06. Have no idea when last payment was made as don't really know what the debt is for, obviousloy some form of communications but thats all we know. We certainly have no paperwork of any sort.

It also says ' file updated for the period 10/10/10, does this mean anything?

Edited by Faith

The six year period starts from the date of the last payment. It will therefore become statute barred sometime before December this year and will certainly be so if you have acknowledged the debt or made any further payments since then. If Mackenzie Hall have not yet provided you with any paperwork to back uptheir demands and you written demanding they prove it there is nothing more to do or say until they comply. If that takes the illiterates who staff their palatial offices the next eight months to find the right crayon in the box then so be it. Just keep an eye on your credit report in case something else is entered.