Can a creditor increase the amount of a charging order?

Ant84
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4793 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Parents have had a small charging order on their property since 2007 now (only around £1,400) and now the property is about to be sold with exchange of contracts taking place this week.

Their solicitors noted the charge on the Land Registry and it was for the figure mentioned above, however they contacted the creditor for a redemption figure and they now claim they're owed £1,950. I was under the impression that once a charge is registered, then it's registered at the amount given and it's not subject to increase whenever the creditor feels like it?

Apparently my parents' solicitors have informed them that they have no option but to pay this increased amount.

Any advice on this? I'm of the opinion that it's BS, but plenty on here will know much better than me.

Cheers!

We have a charging order on our property which we are going to fight, but ours was put on last year for £12,000 and now this year within 7 months it has gone up to £15,500

apparently they can charge interest on it by the day. We are in the process of taking HFO Services to court for a loan that started off with Welcome Finance for £3,700.