Where to send the Request for Statements / Subject Access Request

Fullyskinted
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Excuse the newby :rolleyes:

I am still unsure where to send the request for my statements. Can I just go into the branch and ask for them there or do I have to go through the whole Subject Access Request.

If I have to send it away, where axactly do I send it? I have searched all morning but to little avail :(

Following the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) FAQ, I get an address in London

ONE CHURCHILL PLACE

LONDON

E14 5H

Is this the correct address?

Anyone have a specific contact name?

Thanks again.

Barclays :- Settled March 07:o

RBS:- Acct Discharged May 07 :o (chase for more and CRA deletion???):confused:

Barclaycard: - CCA recieved 24/1/07. WOW! :o (GITS!!!) :-|

Guest ian cognito

Before you do anything, I suggest your read around the site, particualrly the FAQ's and the other threads relating to claims against Barclays, you need to familiarise yourself with the processes so you are prepared for their replies.

The answers to all your questions are already on this site but don't hesitate to shout if you have any specific problems!

Yeah I understand Im not fully up to speed as yet. The plan is to read up whilst Im waiting for the accts to come through. Just spoke to a mate who is also claimng and he sent his request direct to the head office of his bank.

Is this the preferred method? Send it to the London office? LIke I say, I havent been lucky in finding a definitive answer

Also, make sure you include your full details, so they can find your account easily; full name, DOB, acc no. sort code, branch address, etc. Don't give them any excuse to delay things.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you WIN" Mahatma Gandhi.:D

hi

sent mine to this address got reply within two days.

Peter Townsend

manager, Barclays Data Protection

Radbroke Hall

Knutsford

Cheshire

WA16 9EU

Dont forget to enclose standard fee of £10.

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

WELL....they're not here and today is day 40! haven't checked the post today yet, but have been advised by helpers on this site to ring them threatening to report them for breech to info commission if they're not here, will keep you informed.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you WIN" Mahatma Gandhi.:D

• 3 weeks later...

Just to reassure you, I sent request to Churchill Place 1/09/06. Got response letter within days - full of condescending legal jargon but with agreement to provide statements free of charge (including returned cheque). Received statements 28/09/06. So definitely right address, they just take their time.

Anyone know where to send request for refund of charges. Wouldn't think it would be same place - or is it?

Thanks,

John.

hi,

i received the same letter from Barclays, with my cheque returned saying that they would send the info free on this occassion. Going to wait the 40 days from when i posted the letter lets hope they do send them.

good luck

laura

I sent my letter to Churchill Place also requesting statements on the 25th september. Today the 7thi received all my statements from 1998 onwards and all complete. Only one prob they returned a P/O for £10 made out to them selves, so what can i do with that?/ Totted up the statements from August 24th 2000 to present and its £2440. Almost £2000 more than Barclays have offerd already. I am tempted to write and say ok Give me £2440 now wiv no interest and no hassle and see wot they say?, But then I have to thinki long term and wonder if the 6 years thing is ok then i should settle on my terms and leave it open to go back further than 6 years. I may just ask for further statements going back to account opening. Nevergiveup XX

:)i have been hit by 36 tons of truck and i have had Cancer, I survived both.I will NEVERGIVEUP Barclays look out i want my £ back

Strange that you got statements back to 1998. We only got them back to 2000 so it seems they please themselves. I wouldn't offer them any compromises or deals because it might weaken your position if you have to take out a court summons. Just tell them you want the £2440 back. Interest doesn't come into it unless you are going to court so don't even mention it. Barclays are going to play rough and by the letter of the law so you must do the same. Not sure what PO rules are for Postal Orders, but it is your money. I'd take it back to your Post Office and tell them you don't need to send the money and can you have it back. They already charged you for it so I don't see why there should be a problem.

Good luck,

John.

Oooh. An old thread of mine :)

I got all the statements for the two accts I requested. Totalled up its coming in at about £3k.

The thing is, someone has mentioned OD interest (i.e. the interest on the bit thats over and above your auth OD limit.)

Thats got me confused as hell now

If you can be bothered, it means the the interest that they have charged you because the penalty charge pushed you over, or further over, the overdraft limit. It doesn't mean the interest that is fairly charged because you have an overdraft. It is quite a job to separate the two so I would suggest you total up the interest charges and see what they come to. In our case the interest it was about £50 altogether so I figured I would forget about it rather than have the hassle of trying to work it out. Your time has a value after all!! It's up to you.

Regards,

John.

• 2 weeks later...

I am about to send my SAR letter, can I ask has anyone (banking with Barclays) had their account closed? Whilst I am about to open another account else where just in case this is to happen I would like to think that I will be able to keep this account, the charges people had been charged are unlawfull we all know that but one bank is no different from the other with regaurds to this matter, besides this fact I am overall happy banking with Barclays, or am I mistaken thinking this?

Hi Doc.

I'm a Barclays customer and have already sent and received a response to my SAR. We received statements and the cheque returned after about three weeks. Have calculated charges and sent preliminary letter requesting all the money back. Barclays have acknowledged the letter and have said they will try and respond within the month (that was despite the fact that we gave them only 14 days). A typical Barclays stalling response apparently!! As for your question, Barclays have not mentioned closing accounts, but I believe that is likely if we are successful in our claim. Up to now they have been extremely polite and professional, but also condescending in the manner of their response. That's OK though because it gets up my nose and makes me more determined. As for being happy with Barclays, they are fine if you have money and keep your accounts in order, but I feel they exploit rather than help people who find themselves in difficulties.

Good luck with your case. Screw them for every last penny. Sure they'd do it to you.

Regards,

John.

Thanks John,

I have just gone through all my Acct Statements and discovered I have almost the full six yrs im only missing a block of 6mths. May be a naive question but would anyone advise on going ahead with what I already have or do you think I should still send S.A.R for the 6mths that are missing I’m just thinking about the time, would the time waited be worth it when I may not even have any charges at all for that period. So S.A.R for missing 6mths or straight to preliminary letter?

p.s I am new to this so if I am blocking someone’s thread then please do say I’m sure I'll work out how to start my own...sorry!

Sorry - pressed the wrong button!!

It will be helpful as it keeps all your questions, responses and progress of your case together. You need to find your way to here:

Consumer Action Group > The Bank Action Group - against unlawful bank charges navbits_finallink.gif Barclays Bank

You will see a button marked new thread and you can then start your own thread.

Now to answer your question. I was in the same situation as yourself and had most of the statements but chose to send the SAR for two reasons:

1. It made my request formal under the act which I thought might be important if I need to go to court.

2. The SAR not only requests bank statements but also asks the bank for evidence of manual intervention (which might justify their charges). They won't, most likely can't, tell you and I think that will be important if I need to go to court.

It will only mean a few more weeks to wait, there could be a lot of charges in the missing months and don't forgat, you'll be asking for interest for the duration at the end of your claim.

See you on your new thread!!

Regards,

John.