wijit v FD

wijit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm just about to send my data protection act letter. I'm already extremely nervous about all this, but I'm more angry with myself for being nervous. After all, all I've done is be rubbish at handling my finances. I've struggled to fully understand all the advice in the FAQ, too. So what I'm doing is taking it one letter at a time hopefully not getting stuck.

Now, first of probably many questions which will doubtless have many heads shaking followed by manic "tutting"; do I need to prepare anything else wilst the first letter is in progress?

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)-13th September 2006

Prelim-12th October 2006

Offer recieved-22nd October

LBA-27th October2006 (busy times in the wijit household!(hence the delay)

Full amount offered 03/11/06

Guest BlueRuby

Stop beating yourself up :) and don't forget the banks have greatly contributed to you being "rubbish" at handling your finances. Now you've started the process of getting your money back, I think you'll find each new step easier and less nerve-wracking - and of course you've always got the CAG/BAG to turn to. ;)

Thanks for the encouragement, friend. I have just received what I think must be a standard "we got your letter, don't want the cheque (good job really!:oops:) but we'll send you the statements soon".

I will keep you updated.

Prelim-12th October 2006

• 3 weeks later...

Today I got the statements from September 2000. It looks like I've paid, and am still paying, £2000+ charges and interest. Now, do I send the letter demanding this money back or do I need to work out whether all this interest was directly due to the charges? If it's the latter, is there a straight forward method of doing this?

Manythanks again.

Prelim-12th October 2006

Personally i would not bother with the interest, i found it far too difficult to try and work out.

You can add the 8% interest if you need to submit a claim, so it might be better and simpler to leave it at this stage.

I love the smell of banks coughing up refunds first thing in the morning.

HSBC, they tried they failed, they coughed up in full

To all the others beware i am heading your way next.

Thanks very much r/Ms Bloggs. Thats actualy the answer to the next question. What I meant this time was the interest FD have charged me. There is interest which was charged on or around the time of the other charges, but there is also interest in between, or when it was in authorised O/D.

Prelim-12th October 2006

• 2 weeks later...

I got a reply to my reques for a refund of my charges. Although it is hand signed, it reads fairly standard to me (they must be well in practice now!:p) It is from Lucie Powell and says they will "reply shortly, certainly within the next 10 working days"

I presume I stick to my own timings, as FD are running the risk of replying after my 14 day deadline?

Any further advice on how it goes from here and if I need to be preparing anything else just yet will be greatly appreciated.

Prelim-12th October 2006

Nice, yet standard looking letter offering £1719 as ful and final. Very nice and I of course will accept as partial payment. Do I send the LBA next, just the thanks but I'm chasing the rest or both in one letter?

Oh, and while I'm here, on my next letter, can I add on the charges (not yet included) which I will get in November or do I have to go through the full thing again?

Ooh, it nice to get closer to that "donate" button!!:)

Prelim-12th October 2006

I got a reply to my reques for a refund of my charges. Although it is hand signed, it reads fairly standard to me (they must be well in practice now!:p) It is from Lucie Powell and says they will "reply shortly, certainly within the next 10 working days"

I presume I stick to my own timings, as FD are running the risk of replying after my 14 day deadline?

Any further advice on how it goes from here and if I need to be preparing anything else just yet will be greatly appreciated.

Exactly what I got. They did reply, more or less within 10 days, saying that in their view the charges weren't penalties, I should see my Ts&Cs, and stating that the next level of complaint was their customer services director and then the banking ombusdman - as if it's for them to tell me who to complain to !! Anyhow I put the Letter Before Action in the post, recorded delivery today.

If I were you I'd get your LBA ready, you need to include another copy of the spreadsheet, or whatever you used to calculate the charges, and get ready to post it the day you get the reply.

Sent off my LBA, using the same letter to accept the offer only as part repayment and telling them Ill be chasing for the remaining £301.

Can anyone advise if there is anything else I need to be doing in the meantime, ie; in relation to going to moneyclaim or prepping for court?

Prelim-12th October 2006

Got a letter today from Deborah Malins. Exactly the same as the first offer one but this time offering the full amount.

A thousand thanks to those on here who helped, I shall donate as soon as the money is credited and I shall also be making a donation to Childline (my son is the most important thing in my life, it's not like that for all children).

If I can help anyone else please post here, pm anything.

Prelim-12th October 2006