Lloyds TSB - Sending letter today - HELP!!

Franco99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

I have listed on my own spreadsheet the charges since Jan 2001, on my spreadsheet there are :

O/Draft Interest charges

O/Draft Excess Fee Charges

Unpaid D/D Charges

Unpaid Chq Charges

In all it comes to £3000. Now Im very confused about the Interest part, should I be including this, i am just adding them to the spreadsheet as they appear on my statements, im not calculating the interest.

When I say interest I mean O/Draft Interest Charges that appear on my statements. I have added them to make my final figure.

Any ideas?

Franco;)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Franco99,

No, you can't just include the total O/D interest. You can only claim the interest that has been applied on top of, and as a direct result of, each unlawful charge. This is quite complicated and personally I don't bother as it does'nt usually add all that much value to the claim anyway. There is a spreadsheet in the templates library to help you though, if you decide to go for it.

Hope this helps.

Also, please make sure you have a really good read of the FAQ's and Step by Step instructions in the templates library, as well as some of the other Lloyds threads. Reloads thread is a good read, you'll find it in his sig. The more information you take in the better, and the less mistakes you'll make. Knowledge is power!

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Also I have been emailing someone at Lloyds TSB in the Customer Care department just to confirm the address i needed to send my letters too, he said that i could email him as he works in the department, does anyone think this is a good idea? Or shall i stick to letters?

F

Franco;)

I always prefur to send my letters by first class recorded delivery, but yes, e-mail is fine so long as you keep a record of ALL correspondance.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Thanks Gary

Im not sure if we are talking about the same Interest ( thanks for the quick response though ). On all of my statements since Jan 2001 I have O/Draft Interest amounts, usually taken out on the same day as the other charges, that total £339.54 surely thats worth asking for?

Cheers

Franco;)

I think you are right, Recorded Delivery is best, that way there are no excuses. I bet they must have someone for that job alone in their office, the amount of people sending in these requests.

Thanks for your help at this early stage.

Franco;)

Hi Franco,

As Gary mentioned, you cannot simply claim back all of the overdraft interest you have been charged.

The O/D interest applied to your account you can claim back is proportional to the penalty charges.

For example, say you have a £100 o/d limit up to the hilt. £70 of that is legitimate usage, £30 is a penalty charge. You get charged £10 in interest - you can therefore claim £3 back from the £10 interest.

That's an oversimplified example, and again as Gary mentions it can get quite complicated. There is a spreadsheet in the Bank Templates Library to help you calculate this, but like Gary I rarely bother as it is a lot of time and effort for what is often not much reward.

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Ok,

What is the harm in asking for this though, will this make me look like i dont know what im doing?

So it would look better for me to take this off completely? ( its £339.54 !! its alot of money )

F

Franco;)

Yes, it will make you look as though you don't know what you are doing. As much as we may dislike it, the overdraft interest on valid overdraft usage is legal - and attempting to claim for it could possibly get your claim thrown out of court on that basis.

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

In that case I will take that off right now.

So I have on my Spreadsheet charges relating to:

Overdraft Usage Fee

Unpaid D/D

Unpaid Cheque

Overdraft Excess Fee

Totalling £2,600.

I have the standard letter from this site, so im all set to go, i will send this recorded delivery later, anything ive forgotten?

Franco;)

Nope, sounds like you've got everything under control other than that :)

cheers guys that was worth asking in the end, could have ruined my chances. If you dont mind could you check back here in 14 days incase i have more questions? Im a novice !! but hopefully they will send a cheque next week !! you never know !!

cheers

Franco;)

Of course. We're subscibed to your thread now, so anytime anyone posts here it comes up in our 'user CP' menu - thats why its better to have your own thread, so as everyone can follow your progress. Any thread anyone posts on, they automatically become subscribed to it - check out your user CP 'subscribed threads' section.

Well, some of us are subscribed to your thread. I had to stop doing that, as I was getting 2-300+ emails a day!

No, it is 14 calender days.

Hi!

I've just signed up after seeing Martin's weekly post.

I've also had enough of Lloyds taking my money. I'm about to send the DPA statement request letter but not sure who to send it to. Is it my branch or Lloyds' HQ?

Rgds,

Guapito1973

Hi guapito1973,

Send your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) here by RECORDED delivery;

Penny Berryman

Senior Manager

Data Protection Dept.

Lloyds TSB Bank PLC

The Pentagon

48, Chiswell Street

London

EC1Y 4XX

But please start your own thread. It makes it much easier for people to follow your progress and you'll get alot more help that way. Please also have a good read of the FAQ's and step by step instructions.

Just call up Lloyds and ask to have your statements sent to your home address, they done this for me no problem at all. You will go through to an Indian Call centre first then they transfer you to England. They will charge you £10 for the lot.

Tel: 08453 000000

F

Franco;)

Not a good idea. If you had success doing it that way then all well and good, but if your statements did'nt turn up (which happens quite often), it'd be impossible to enforce compliance. You'd need a copy of the origional SAR and a record of delivery. Please do everything by the book - it could save you (and us!) a hell of a lot of time and headaches later on.

• 2 weeks later...

hi people,

As you know i sent my letter last week on the 14/09/06, i have had a reply today the 22/09/06. It is as you would expect, a letter saying lecturing me about going over the limit and that they dont agree with the OFT's thinking and that they are talking it through with them. Finally that they dont agree with me and that they cannot agree to cancel my charges, and if im dissatisfied i need to contact the Financial Ombudsman.

So what is my next step? do i send the LBA letter today?

Franco

Franco;)

Take no notice of their reply. Wait the 14 days then send the LBA.

cheers,

it wasnt exactly a frightening letter exactly what i was expecting. So with my LBA letter do i send the spreadsheet again? I dont understand the O/D interest, can i just leave this out and send the same spreadsheet?

Franco

Franco;)

Yes, send the spreadsheet again, and yes, there is no need to claim overdraft interest if you don't want to. I don't bother either, it does'nt usually amount to much and its alot of work trying to calculate it.