reclaim charges Help

nomore12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4748 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Well yes I know it was silly of me not to do this before and I feel an idiot for not checking,

But after going though all my letters and such I seem to have very very short supply of statements and letters from Capital one.

Ive not paid the Capital one credit card for 6 months due to not having the money and sorting all my debt problems out,

anyhow to be honest I totally forgot about them as they so quiet with letters and never get any phone calls from them

was reading up on other peoples posts and such, and was thinking of trying to claim some

interest rates and any other charges back

Just checking my paper work today I don’t have any statements other then just before Christmas August is the recent one

I don’t think I took out protection insurance on it not as far as I can remember anyhow.

Well the outstanding balance is £1406 but before I got into debt problems the credit limit was £1000

I explained them to a long time ago when I got into problems I was trying to sort it all out and waiting for JSA etc

Last few recent letters was this month from the Debt Collection company was on the 4th FEB of this month from Fredrickson International Limited ( one got 1 letter from them no phones calls)

I sent the Income/outcome token payment of a £1 that letter was sent on the 9th of FEB

Last letter I got was on the 16th Saying the debt have been moved back to capital one

Im confused what to do? seems ive got an extra £400 on top non payment of 6 months? but as got no statements to check cant confirm what fees are and why

any advice on this matter please , Thanks in advance.

you would of thought in 6 months I would be bombed with letters and calls but nope since I told them I was waiting for JSA and had other debts and such. Been really quiet

Yep I know stupid of me for not looking into this sooner but I was confused with all debt stuff and trying to get my head around it all and stressing myself out :\

What type of letter do I need to send them to request statements and show what fees ive been getting etc?

Edited by nomore12

You need to send the sar letter. You need to enclose £10 with the letter. They have up to 40 days to send out all the information they hold on you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?552-Data-Protection

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

It needs to go to Capital one.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

No problem. Let us know how you get on. :wink:

F&Q's... Read here

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

They have 40 days to comply, how long have you had the Card ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Almost 2 years and a half

Ah ok thanks, hoped it might be older.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Well I finally got my SAR info back, Im a bit unsure how to add it up?

Do I just add all the £12 late fees up and total it? Or do I need to add %APR onto it or something?

Many thanks

Hi,

Have a look at this thread which concluded last week with a superb result for the op, everything you'll need is contained in that thread, any questions, post back here..............

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?272824-BC-Charges-***WON-with-Compound-Contractual-Int-t***&highlight=credit+card+spreadsheets

Regards.

Scott.

Hi,

Here's a link to the Spreadsheets, if your claiming the Statutory 8% all you do is Fill in the amount of the charge, the date, and the days since and Interest amount is calculated for you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?6964(Simple Excel)

You then send a prelim letter asking for the charges back including the interest, send a copy of your spreadsheet.(Send recorded)

Dear Sir/Madam,

CARD/ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx

I consider that the regime of fees which you have been applying to my account in relation to late fees and over limit charges, are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

Whilst I am mindful of the OFT investigation in 2006 of credit card fees,the OFT deemed that only a Court could determine the fairness of fees and so the £12 figure was only fixed as a guideline.

I now request that you refund to me £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in interest for the sums which you have taken. Total £XXXXX.

I give you 14 days to comply,or else provide me with a full breakdown of your costs in addressing any breach on my behalf,which demonstrate clearly that your charges are in proportion to your actual costs.

Failure to do so,will result in me issuing a county court claim for recovery of the charges plus interest and costs.

Yours faithfully,

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your letter dated *** March regarding £12 default sums added to your account

I have reviewed your account and considered the merits of your complaint the office of fair trading OFT has no challenged the right of banks to charge default sums, just the level of those default sums

Following the publication of the OFT report capital one in line with other banks reduced the level of default sums charged to £12 each week in September 2006 I can see the default sums have been added correct to your account as a result of the way you have managed your account capital one believes these charges are fair and lawful and as a result no refund is due

Cap 1's standard reply,you could send the same letter again, heading it Letter Before Action giving them 14 days to comply, or file a court claim.

So I now just wait 14 days for them to comply if nothing then I just file a court claim?

How would I go about dong a court claim sorry never done it before?

Many Thanks

• 1 month later...

Well got a letter from capital one offering the amount back minus £30 which to be fair sounds quite decent and I will accept but have a question

in the letter it says it will be taken off my current balance with my debt with capital one signed and returned the signed paperwork

well my question was

can I ask this money to be paid into a bank account of my choice instead taking it off my balance as like I say it would help me pay off some other debts and would be 1 less debt to deal with