Credit Expert Query

ShaneG2009
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have a default registered on my credit file for an old mail order catalogue bill. I am at a loss as to when it should be removed from my credit file...can you help?

The experian report has conflicting information and im not sure which date applies:

The report shows that the account defaulted on 11/04/2005

a CCJ (Default Judgement) was registered on 5/5/2005

Are they supposed to be removed after 6 years and which date takes precedence?

Thanks in advance

Shane

may i ask for how long

another six years or till the ccj has been satisfied and then is it a complete removal

Technically they can keep re-registering it until it's satisfied although after six years they would need permission from a court to take enforcement & they would have to show good reason.

It is rare though for a creditor to keep re-registering.

Thanks for adding that Cerbs ... yes they do have the legal right to apply to have it re-registered (although whether they do is anyones guess) ... sorry I forgot to put that in my original post ... and for any confusion ....

Abs x 8)

See; How will a CCJ affect my credit rating? http://www.payplan.com/frequently-asked-questions/county-court-judgements.php

Your CCJ will appear on your credit file for 6 years (if it takes you more than 6 years to repay the CCJ, the creditor will re-register it with the credit reference agencies). However, your credit rating will already be affected by the fact you have not paid the contractual payments, which has resulted in you receiving a CCJ. Your CCJ won't show on your credit file if you pay it in full within 30 days.

If you manage to clear the CCJ within 6 years you can write to the credit reference agencies enclosing a "letter of satisfaction" from the issuing County Court to have the entry marked as "satisfied" on your credit file. This may be useful if you are applying for a mortgage, for example.

For clarity, assuming the OC has long since sold the debt on, having never bothered to collect after Judgement, and the 'debt' has 'done the rounds' with no payment, would they still have the right to re-register on your files without first seeking permission from a Court?

If the oc sells the ccj it has to be registered with the court within a year IIRC.

If it remains with the oc they don't need permission from a court to re-record it on a credit file after six years because it's not seen as enforcing a debt.