GE Money Home Lending - Taking Court action to recover charges

george_h
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Pre-2004 is a good question. I'm trying to find the answer to this myself - meaning the chapter and verse.

However, even if pre-2004 charges aren't caught by MCOB, they are still invalid under UTCCR - without a doubt.

The FSA has said that they are unfair under MCOB so if they are unfair under MCOB then they are unfair - period, end of story.

They are not core revenue as per the test case - therefore they are subject to UTCCR. Therefore you can claim them back to 1995 - plus restitutionary damages.

Do not accept anything less than restitutionary damages.

Do not accept confidentiality.

One of our users is in negotiations with two lenders right at the moment. They have already surrendered confidentiality and we will be posting the entire story on this forum in the next month or so.

Stick to your guns. Mortgage arrears charges are dead and they are recoverable.

Yes, it applies to second charge mortgage charges- which are also invalid under UTCCR, anyway.

• 2 months later...

Reading these threads is interesting....GE Home Lending have not been very helpful to me over the past few years. I have now SOLD and are repaying their loan hopefully this month. However, there are a large sum of charges and interest [ nearly 20k ] and I have a breakdown. Are these charges unlawful? They all seem to be legal related to when I was in arrears and also arrears charges. Can I do anything about them ? Any advice would be appreciated.

I am waiting for end of month when the contracts exchange for my sale when I will be mortage free then claimthe charges they even had the gall to charge nearly 300 quid to move a dd date 4 days :jaw:

I have received advice from a solicitor today who has said that mortgage charges are comletely legal and fair

He's talking out of his hat.

Did you pay him for that advice?

Just wondering if my GE Money Holiday Ownership Loan (Under the Home Lending) is unenforceable as looking at the credit agreement both mine and my wifes incomes are wrong.

Edited by Woolie75
Wanted to start my own thread but am unsure how. Please help anyone.

• 2 months later...

Hi george - what happened with your case - any updates? ive got a problem GE matter too so i wondered what the court said about it all - i didnt think they could take you into court for charges alone - the judge should throw that out straight away

• 2 weeks later...

yes, what happened, do let us know, many of us are also being repossessed by GE!

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I will tell you what Ge has done to me I had a loan taken on 11/06/2007

For £40,000 Plus PPI £4,860. ( told I had to take or no loan ) Total was £45,360.00

which also included a £500 compilation charge.I cancelled PPI on the 5th Sept 2007 as I was paying of the full loan.The money I paid to GE to finish the loan was a total of £45,186.32 which my solicitor paid.I never received my PPI money ( Rebate of £4,455) GE took this on top of the £45,186.32.

When I fought to get this they said it was a broker I had to deal with now dissolved

.So I wrote to FSCS who would only award me £587.15 as they said I had already received £4,455.00 but I did not GE STOLE this.

I am still trying to get it back with no successes to date.

Read more at: PPI Insurance Rebate - G E Money - Legal seagulls Consumer Forum

that is so sad, but do keep fighting!! I am still fighting and seek my rights under law. there is such a thing as 'natural justice' too.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

• 2 weeks later...

I have read this thread with some interest. I Sold my property earlier this year after having a mortgage with GE for the last 10 years. I did go into an arrears situation and they kept adding charges, took me to court for possession and were generally pretty unhelpful, even though I communicated and they were fully aware that the house was worth well in excess of what I owed them. The additional charges ended up at over £ 20k.

Having read this thread, is there any action I could take now to recoup some of these charges? I am happy to speak to anyone on the telephone if available and have the statement of my account showing the charges taken and applied.

Thanks. Please come back to me

• 10 months later...

May i ask any further news, im in court on Wednesday my loan to repay is 314.00, however they say i have arrears of £2400.00 which are all charges and interest, can anyone help, i want to defend myself, but need help.

yes, an update is of interest. my effort for justice is merely on hold...............

• 2 weeks later...