Job Application Help :/

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4820 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if someone would be able to help me with a job application I made today! I sent my CV off to a company called PWR Property Consultants and they got back to me about one hour ago, they sent me an application form to fill out and return along with my CV as well as a letter stating why I would be good for the job.

That is the part that gets to me most times, I am not great at writing things and expressing my feelings but when I am actually doing the job I so comfortable!.My previous jobs have been working as a sales administrator / Telesales agent and working in a busy bar.

If any one could help me it would be greatly appreciated. I really need to get back in to work, I am fed up with benefits.

The title of the job I am going for is “ Administrator/Negotiator “ for a property letting company.

Thanks for reading,

Ross

Am i reading this correctly?

You want us to help you write a why you want this job letter, when we have no idea who you are let alone anything about you? Are you seriously asking us that? lol :shock:

Well i will never cease to be amazed by the things i see on this forum :roll:

You do know this part of the forum is for those with employment problems not for those with problems applying for employment, don't you? Jesus, just be honest in such letters, and keep it simple and state why you would be good at the job and what benefits you could bring to the company. Which given the link that SarEl provided, they are in desperate need of a lot of better quality staff. lol. state you want the job because you have a keen interest in the industry etc, don't go into details just keep it simple. Also research the industry and the company indepth prior to attending an interview, as they will ask you questions on what you know about the industry and the company.

@SarEl you haven't by any chance has bad experience with the said company have you?

Edited by teaboy2

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

@SarEl you haven't by any chance has bad experience with the said company have you?

No, not at all. I am just (a) naturally suspicious by nature (b) naturally suspicious of certain sectors of employment (this being one of them) and © naturally suspicious of anyone who is recruiting on a Sunday. So I am not suggesting anything other than the OP checks them out carefully and satisfies themselves that the job is legitimate and the firm reputable. Then there is less chance of them being back in a couple of months saying that their employer hasn't paid them or they are expected to work 60 hours unpaid overtime!

Yeah i have to agree with you their, it is very suspicious, though it could be someone catching up on work in their own time i suppose. But the comments on the site you linked to weren't very flattering to say the least.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Uncalled for! I was not asking for people to write any thing, I was asking for advice on how to write one of those letters.

If you dont like what you read, **** off and take your opinion else where!

Why don't you google 'CV templates' or 'Job Covering Letter' or something similar? Use your initiative. It will help when dealing with the huge number of customer complaints that will be your main workload if you are ever employed by this suspect company.

Does the application form ask various questions ?. just try to answer them the best you can or perhaps copy/paste some relevant bits of your CV.

Have you sought help from the Job Center ?, I've done two courses on CV's/Interviews, etc which have been quite helpful.

At the interview you are likley to be asked the same kind of questions as on the application form so its worth sorting out what to write now.

Andy

Uncalled for! I was not asking for people to write any thing, I was asking for advice on how to write one of those letters.

If you dont like what you read, **** off and take your opinion else where!

So asking us for advice for help with writing a letter for why you want the job is not the same as writing it for you is it? i think you'll find it is. As i said, we don't know you, yet your asking us what to put in the letter as to why you want the job (regardless of how you ask), and you clearly expect us to know why you want the job, other than to get off benefits! Sorry, but if you don't know why you want the job then how the hell are we going to know? Your the one applying for the job not us!

As for "if you don't like what your read you can F**K off and take your opinion elsewhere!" - Well if you don't like what you get in reply then you can f**k off out of the employment problem forum, ment for people in employment with employment probelms and go back to your Jobcentre where they have train staff their to help you with this sort of thing - can't you!

Seriously! Your imature attitude in your response will do you no favours, if you can't take what was said in the sense of disbelief at what i read in your OP, then clearly you are not the right person for the kind of job your applying for, as you clearly have an attitude problem. Also, I did advise you on what to say in your letter regardless of my disbelief in what i had just read in your OP.

Being an Employer myself, like SarEL said, i would be very supicious of someone recruiting on a sunday afternoon/evening. And not only that, i think am in a better position than you are to give out advice to you on employment matters and how to improve your chances of getting work - Don't you agree?

So if you don't like what i said (which wasn't ment to be offensive, hence the smilies), Then i suggest you listen to what advice has been given and f**k off and write your letter, instead of writing insultive posts on here that shows no appriciation for what advice had actually been given. As such post won't get you any friends on here, and will only serve to make you enemies than get you the help you asked for, which i had already given by telling you what to put in the letter.

In fact, the simple fact that your on here asking us for help on what to put in a letter as to why you want the job, instead of asking friends and family, says to me that you clearly do not have many friends and with your attitude, i must say i am not surprised either!