Sky nightmare

MorganaNK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I signed up for Sky on Saturday and they arranged for the installation to happen between 12 and 5 on Tuesday.

Tuesday came, and the engineer called before 8am and told my mum that he would be attending between 3 and 5.

5 came and went, so I called the gentleman who I had purchased the subscription from (as he had told me to do on the day, and also when he called me on Tuesday to check the installation had happened). He contacted installations and they called me at 17:55. After a lot of "faffing" about they told me that the engineer would be with me in an hour.

It is now 19:15, and there is still no sign of the engineer, so I call installations myself. I have to admit that I am now so angry I am almost in tears. I tell them that I am thinking of cancelling the installation. They apologise and leave me on hold for an age while they try and contact the engineer. During this my phone keeps informing me that I have a call waiting.

When they finally take me off hold it is to tell me that they cannot contact the engineer and so are asking his manager to. Too little too late for me, and I tell them that I am cancelling the installation and that I would like my £30 refunded, which I am informed that I will receive.

I hang up the phone and it rings again almost immediately. When I go to answer it there is no one there. This happens again. On the third try I get the engineer. I inform him that the installation is cancelled and hang up - by now it is nearly 20:00hrs.

I was really looking forward to getting Sky, but if this is the way that they treat a new customer then I am loathe to get involved with them. I want to make sure that I get my refund, but I also want to put my grievance in writing (though from a brief "google" this morning this appears to be a somewhat futile exercise). Can anyone advise me as to where I go from here?

Thanks

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter" - Sir Winston Churchill

You should have been updated if the engineer was not going to make it - things do happen but a wee phone call can make all the difference.

Certainly they will refund you and that should already been in process and you can make a complaint through their website which they will take as feedback to try and improve the service.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)