Had a letter form SRJ - Mistaken Identity AGAIN!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4829 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter from SRJ dated 26 Jan 11 stating,

'We have made enquiries for confirmation of your current place of residence. Information has been received confirming that your address details have changed to this address.

Due to data protection legislation detals of the account are not included in this letter.

Please call us immmediately quoting the above reference for more information.

yours sincerely,

SRJ'

I replied by unsigned letter immmediately via recorded delivery stating that they were mistaken since I had resided at my current address since 31 March 1995 when I purchased the property and that I had no financial matters outstanding to my knowledge.

Then today, I have received a follow up letter stating details of an alleged British Gas debt for an address that I have never resided at. This is not my debt but is linked to the same address that was stated for an alleged debt that I was pursued for in 2008 by Transcom. Eventually, I recieved an apology for mistaken identity having used your valuable assistance and advice to resolve the situation).

Today's SRJ letter states 'PENDING LITIGATION PROCEEDINGS' and requests that I settle the debt immediatley or they will pursue through my local court with assiociated fees added to the account.

I am keen to reply once again in writing and have a draft letter that I used in 2008 for a different debt but am wondering whether it is still valid or has the information changed since this time.

Again this is not my debt but I am paying the price for having the same name as the actual debtor.

Write to them and remind them of the harassment case heard by England and Wales Court of Appeal (Civil Division) Decisions

Ferguson v British Gas Trading Ltd [2009] EWCA Civ 46 (10 February 2009) see; http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2009/46.html

2u7t9g1.gif

Make a complaint to your local trading standards & the OFT with regards to their harassment and threats, they are in clear breach of OFT guidelines & CPUT ;

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

OFT Complaint form

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/DebtCollectionComplaintForm.DOC

http://www.oft.gov.uk/contactus

[email protected]

tel: 020 7211 5823

The Office of Fair Trading: Debt collection practices

http://oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

Hi

This is practically a mirror image of something that happened to me in december,again related to a british gas debt at an address miles away from where I live and nothing to do with me,just unfortunatly someone of my name/dob.

SRJ told me id been the victim of id fraud!!!!(b....cks!!)as I hadnt been and asked me to send all manner of documentation to proove my residency etc etc!!

Luckily I didnt do this as Id had advice from this site,my advice would be to not even bother with srj they ignored everything i sent them and were threatening and very menacing.

I went to the cheif exec office of british gas(email address of Sam Laidlow is freely available on the net),he then appointed someone to deal with this,who in turn contacted the land registry to confirm "surprise surprise"it wasnt me!!!

Ive subsequently obtained the search/track and trace methods used by SRJ(ie none,or putting a pin in the phone book!!!)from british gas.

British Gas called off SRJ AND have sent reams of letters etc apologising and confirming that this was a mistake on their part.

Im waiting again for this to crop up in the future but wont worry about it now as Ive got the documentation which I know will stand up in court if it ever happened!!!

I also got my MP involved and hes written to SRJ(Not that it ll do any good im sure as theyve ignored all my correspondance)and Ive filed a complaint with Trading standards Surrey(who wrote yesterday to tell me they are investigating this crowd and others like them!!)and the OFT who have sent me a consent form to be able to release details of my complaint to SRJ,.

I have been told that I could take this further in respect of British gas but to be honest it made me ill so im just happy its all sorted.

Have a look at watchdog on line though even as recently as november British Gas had form for this and it was happening to inncocent people.

I may contact them myself.

If I can be of any help to you I will,I had loads of help from lovely people on this site,my thread should be knocking about some where

Edited by fifid

Thanks am so computer thick didnt know how to do that!!!

One thing all this has taught me is its not worth getting in a state about(as i was)and the threats from srj are just that!!and completely unsubstaniated!!get it back in house(via BG)quote my posts if needs be(am I allowed to say that??)and get BG to call this shower off

sorry also forgot to say the oft guidelines say that they shouldnt be chasing a debt that is disputed or if they areunclear that you are the debtor in question,so you could easily get them on breaching even at this early stage,look at my thread tho its all there!!