Bryan Carter - please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4860 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello. I've been going through these forums to find an answer to my query, but I now feel my head is going to explode! I apologise if a similar question has been answered before.

I took out credit cards and loans when times were good, but now I'm on long-term sick leave from my job and my recklessness is coming home to roost. I'm on benefits, so just can't afford to pay my debts anymore. I've been ill for a while, and so have had my head in the sand, and have not addressed my problems until now...

I've contacted CCCS, and I have now written to six of my seven creditors with a token offer of £1 a month each. When my situation improves, I will look at paying more. I don't want to avoid my debts, but just don't have the means to pay them at the moment.

So, hopefully these six creditors will leave me alone for the time being.

It's the seventh that's the main problem.

I had a loan with Egg, but defaulted on it late in 2009 when I started having problems. Fredrickson, and then Bryan Carter, started to chase it, and I eventually got a County Court claim. The claimant was Egg, and the address for payment was Bryan Carter. I panicked and accepted the claim, and offered to pay £150 a month to Carter, and a CCJ was issued on 20/12/09.

My situation got worse and I couldn't afford the £150 a month. Some time ago I got threatened by bailiff action by Carters, but nothing happened. They ring me up every day, but I just ignore them.

As I said, my head was in the sand, but I'm now ready to sort this out. CCCS recommended getting court forms N244 and N245, and making a token payment offer, which would be fine, but I've been reading all the horror stories about Carter, and I'm reluctant to deal with them, let alone give them any money.

I'm willing to write to Egg, but what happens with this CCJ? I realise that I've left all this far too late, and that I should have defended the claim at the time, and issued a SAR/CCA, but I just went by the claimant being Egg and accepted it.

So, were Carters justified in issuing this claim, and should it not have been Egg themselves? And what the heck do I do now?

Cheers.

I guess Carters were acting on behalf of Egg... i take it was a large amount??? i had a loan with welcome, aint paid anything in at least 4 yrs, aint herd a dicky! also one with Halifax Visa, must be near or more than 6 yrs since i lst made a payment!!

Try a token offer. Do you own your home or rent?

I didnt try to avoid my debts either.... however due to financials at the time i simply couldnt afford to pay. Im currently for DAF (yes car) for a car i had 6weeks. They wanted £6300, i di try to push that 6years only for them to find me 3ths before the 6yr mark. Im paying back £1500 of that.

Unfortunately once they pass it Egg wont take it back. You will have to deal with them. They will try to take as much out fo you, so you have to be firm.

They will be ignorant, arrogant on the phone, and will most likely try to scare the sh!t out of you.... dont let them.

Just keep every letter, and a note of every call they make to harras you, cos that they will.

I did gets letters from them but i just ignored them ( not always best advice) but they went away. The debt i dont think was big enough for them to take action against me.

Be Firm, and only pay what you can afford. Never pay any extra, as they will then expect this every month. Ive been down that road before with DCA's.

Hi .... If you are working this will cost you £35 at the county court if unemployed it may cost you nothing. Complete a N245 form ( Application for suspension of a warrant and/or a variation of an order ) form - available from your local Court or download one from the HMCS website complete the form stating you incoming and outgoings show how much you are able to pay and take it to the court, they will do the rest.... I got a ccj reduced from £120 per month to £20.