I purchased a car that has an outstanding leased agreement - Urgent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would really appreciate if someone could help me. I purchased a car from a private seller in London in August 2010. I recently received a letter from Motability stating that they are the legal owners of the car as this car was on a Contract Hire (Leased) Agreement and the car should be returned to them.

The V5C registration is in my name. I searched through the internet and the only information I could find is about Hire Purchase Agreement and that a car belongs to you if you purchased a car with outstanding HP if it was purchased in good faith. I can't find any information on buying a Contract Hire car in good faith.

Can someone help me on what my legal rights are and will I end up loosing the car as well as the money I paid for the car?

Thanks

Cheeky Bugger!! getting a car on motobilit, then selling it. If you bought it from a house, i would sue for the cost of the car if you lose it. Obviously motobility have tried to get the car back, and found out it has been sold.

I would want to know if they reported it stolen? If their INsurance company has paid out for the car. If they have then its actually the insurance company that own it.