Claiming charges for a second time On JD Williams daughters catalogues

24233513afw
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I had a thread on here about a year ago regarding charges that JD Williams were charging my Daughter for late payments etc....we managed to get some charges from them and she eventually got up to date with payments, however due to personal circumstances she has had a bit of bother with them again.

Can anybody tell us after claiming charges once before can she claim new charges that have been applied to the account since then.

They have now got Fredrickson International on her back but if she could reclaim all the new charges this would probably cover the amounts that she owes.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

AFW

Hi

Absolutely! Send a SAR to JD Williams for the statements (if you don't have them already), work out the charges and bung in the claim-with interest (if JD are charging interest)

Most letters are here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?609-Can-t-find-the-letter-you-want-Look-here

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi

Absolutely! Send a SAR to JD Williams for the statements (if you don't have them already), work out the charges and bung in the claim-with interest (if JD are charging interest)

Most letters are here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?609-Can-t-find-the-letter-you-want-Look-here

Cheers silverfox1961 much appreciated, just wasn't too sure if she could claim the new charges after claiming other charges earlier on.

Letter on its way to JD Williams, there not much charges but it shall clear a few of her balances.

Hi Folks

My Daughter received her first two letters this morning one from Fredrickson and once from Moorcroft for two different accounts.

She has sent letters to JD Williams yesterday to claim back charges on these accounts, however could some kind person out there help her comply a letter to Moorroft and Fredrickson to explain that she is in the process of cliaming charges back on these accounts amd would they please leave her alone.

There is five accounts in total I take oit some other **** shall be poking their nose in.

The charges do not cover all the accounts there is going to be one left with quite a high balance.

1. Would you advise paying this account and there will be a couple with a relative small balance maybe ranging from £40 - £100 woulkd she start to pay DCA now or wait until charges have been refunded.

Hope this all makes sense to everyone.

Cheers

AFW

If any accounts are passed to a dc, send the account in dispute letter to the dc, which is in the library. Send to ALL collectors. Once your daughter has started a reclaim, the catalogue can't pass them on.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Do not pay any debt collector. As soon as the accounts get passed back to the catalogue, send the minimum payments until the charges are reclaimed, then you can see where you stand with the balance.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi sea=sidelady

Many thanks for your advice, the only in dispute letter I can find in the library is for CCA non compliance would I just try and adapt it to say in dispute due to illegal charges claim or something not quite sure how to word these letters in case I do something wrong.

I have sent letters to JD to claim charges that went away a few days ago but according to Post Office still going throught their system......but as said before not sure howto word in dispute due to illegal charges to DCA.

Cheers

AFW

F&Q's... Read here

Cheers SS for the link, however it wont let me access it, it comes up saying :

24233513afw, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Hmmmm strange. Bear with me while I check it out

F&Q's... Read here

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Link working now.

Many thanks Silverfox1961 and sea-sidelady. Letter adapted a wee bit (as I sent 2nd Charge claim after letter from DCA came)and will be on its way tomorrow to the DCA's

Keep us updated :-)

F&Q's... Read here

Hi everyone

Letters sent to JD Williams for Charges, received exceptionally quick reply for all her accounts stating they feel they have a right to charge £12.00 for late, missed, insufficient payments. Posting one of the letters up here, (they were all the same letter:

LETTER REFUSING CHARGES

LETTER REFUSING CHARGES - 2

I am sure I have seen a letter on CAG somewhere that I could send to them, but can't find it now, can anybody help us.

Cheers

AFW

Well it looks like theyare trying to play hardball.

I have heard that you just adapt the prelim letter and make it a Letter Before Action

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?605-Credit-Store-Card-Letter-Template

After a LBA, the next route is to take them to court

Waffle!! File the letters and keep going. Oh and Reliable Collections are their inhouse debt collectors.

Have you got all your statements already, or are you waiting for them to send them out to you?

F&Q's... Read here

Hi sea-sidelady

Many thanks for your replies, they are greatly appreciated, I have got all my Daughters statements with the charges and we have sent them a spreadsheet of charges.

But, they are refusing to refund them, most likely because most of the accounts shall be cleared if they refund the charges.

Had a wee look at the letter you gave a link to, have tried to adapt this letter, brain just not function at present, my Hubby is really ill and the pressure is starting to take its toll on me mentally and physically.

Is there anybody who could help me adapt the letter to send as a Letter Before Action.

Cheers

AFW

I would just send it as it is. I know as Silverfox says some people just send a LBA, but I still like to cover all areas and send both. I have had many dealings with JD and won I think it was 5 claims against them. They do like to try and make you stumble so don't give them an inch :wink:

• Confused 1

F&Q's... Read here

I would just send it as it is. I know as Silverfox says some people just send a LBA, but I still like to cover all areas and send both. I have had many dealings with JD and won I think it was 5 claims against them. They do like to try and make you stumble so don't give them an inch :wink:

Cheers sea-sidelady,

Letters are on their way today, will keep you posted.. Loke you its 5 accounts my Daughter has with them.

However if they will give her the charges back she will be left with two accounts which she will pay, however it will have to be minimum payment £5 - £10 a month.

Do you know if they will still charge her interest on the remaining balances they will not be too drastic but she is struggling just now after spliting with her partner and having to survive on part time wages and WTC to keep her and our Grandson.

Many thanks for all your advice and help, it is gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

AFW

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Wee update on charges issue...sent then Letters Before Action 18 days ago giving them 14 days to reply...received one reply offering full charges back on one account.

However no replies for the other four accounts...seems strange they will refund on once account and not the others.

Also received another statement from them last friday with another 4 charges onto the account.. I expect they are not too bright, a bitdim to say the least. If we are claiming charges why the hell do they still keep on charging.

Should she send a new list of charges for this account that they have added more charges too.

Any pointers what she should do now.

Cheers

AFW

They will keep adding regardless of the claim. When you file at court make sure you have a new spread sheet with all the new charges on it. You can't add them on once its filed, you don't need to send an updates list to the catalogues. The court will do that.

So if they have ignored the lba (which they usually do) it is now time to file at court.This is when you can add 8% interest. The spread sheet should work it out for you.

This is a lot easier than you think. Either.......

Go to your local County Court. Ask for an N1 claims pack and the forms required will be made available, usually with some guidance notes.

(2) Download a PDF version of the N1 form from our Templates Library.

In both of these cases, you can use the "Particulars of Claim" - also available in our Library - to complete the forms. Make 3 copies of this form - 1 for your own records and 2 to give to the court.

We also advise submitting copies of the 'schedule of charges' detailing dates, amounts and interest accrued with these forms - even if you have previously sent them to the bank.

F&Q's... Read here

F&Q's... Read here

Morning sea-sidelady

Many thanks for your reply...

there is a few wee points I'm not sure about.

1.. I am in Scotland would I still use the N1 download also would this be heard in my local court or theirs.

2...Would I put one claim in for all four account (As they are crediting one of the accounts charges) woudl all four claims be clumped together or sepreate.

3. If I have to attend a court at their locallity that would be impossible plus it would cost me more in travel costs.

Chers

AFW

Aaah I didn't realise you were in Scotland. Let me scrub up on the Scottish law and I will get back to you.

You need to put in a claim for each case. They are all heard on their own.

The chances of you attending court are VERY slim. I still haven't come across anyone who had to attend court for this.

F&Q's... Read here