NatWest : How much is a reasonable amount?

liquidauctions
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4837 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys;

I made a SAR to natwest and there 40 day clock started on the 13th of January. Anyway today I got some data printed off there computers from there Birmingham Collections Dept and it made me aware of the following entry

23/02/2006 (which on an unrelated note is my birthday)

Default issued. Default iss on step acc. Bham.

Well I checked up what a step account is (basic account with no od or chequebook etc) and got natwests terms and conditions http://www.natwest.com/downloads/global_options/Guide_Fees_Interest.pdf (SEE PAGE 55)

On my bank statement it says they charged me £0.65 interest where in there terms and conditions there is no interest for a step account which is fraud if you ask me! They do not charge interest on step accounts as it is not listed in there terms. Also they state they will provide 60days notice when they change an account.

I am waiting for the full SAR but it does look to me that a breach has occured and I want to challenge this.

My question is: How much compensation would you demand if they admint they made a mistake? I will also add £35 for each letter I send as I think for banking it is an industry standard amount now and the OFT wont challenge it :razz:

˙os op oʇ pǝʞsɐ ssǝlun ǝƃɐssǝɯ ǝʇɐʌıɹd ʎq ǝɯ ʇɔɐʇuoɔ ʇou op ǝsɐǝlԀ ˙pǝɹnɔɔo sǝssol ʎuɐ ɹo ǝɹnlıɐɟ ɟo ʇlnsǝɹ ɐ sɐ ǝlqɐıl plǝɥ ǝq ʇou llɐɥs I ˙llıʍpooƃ ɟo ǝɹnʇsǝƃ ɐ sɐ os ǝuop sı uǝʌıƃ ǝɔıʌpɐ ʎu∀

Well well well, Natwest have removed the whole section regarding interest on unarranged overdrafts. To bad for them, I took a screen shot when i found it

˙os op oʇ pǝʞsɐ ssǝlun ǝƃɐssǝɯ ǝʇɐʌıɹd ʎq ǝɯ ʇɔɐʇuoɔ ʇou op ǝsɐǝlԀ ˙pǝɹnɔɔo sǝssol ʎuɐ ɹo ǝɹnlıɐɟ ɟo ʇlnsǝɹ ɐ sɐ ǝlqɐıl plǝɥ ǝq ʇou llɐɥs I ˙llıʍpooƃ ɟo ǝɹnʇsǝƃ ɐ sɐ os ǝuop sı uǝʌıƃ ǝɔıʌpɐ ʎu∀