SAR help

birdi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey every1, dont know if you could help with this.

Basically I sent SAR requests to a few of my past and current creditors, one of my big ones been natwest (i had a current account which as closed but owe overdraft & charges an a large personal loan) the sar as come back but all it says is account numbers and action at the collections office, nothing about my accounts or loan or nothing just 1 sheet. we sent same request to my partners with welcome and thats come back how it should be, copy of everthing they have from loan agreements to every telephone call made.

should natwest's be simular?.

Also i sent offers of 15% full & finals to some outstanding debts but theys come back with a higher amount to clear or no, should i still keep trying to negociate

thanks for your help

Write back to them and list everything that you still require ie; copies of agreements, statements, letters, transcripts of 'phone calls. Remind them that they have not fullfilled their legal obligations under the Freedom of Information Act & that if they do not comply you will make a complaint to the ICO. http://www.ico.gov.uk/

(i had a current account which as closed but owe overdraft & charges an a large personal loan)

Okay, lets start with the overdraft. How & when was the current account closed ??? The account must still be active but with a negative balance.

Who did you send the SAR to?

If sent to the Data Controller, Joyce E Tudor. You should have recieved statements for the account from the day it was opened. And all other documents. When dealing with Natwest/ RBS I always suggest sending a copy of the SAR to Customer Management Services in Telford ( once an account goes into default, this is where it is sent). They have what is called "A Diary Event History". The banks internal log of all internal & external actions on the account, phonecalls, letters everything.

Have you done a CCA request for the Loan ?

Debs

hey debs, i sent the sar request to the address off my credit file. the response as come from natwest @ birmingham collections. My current account got into arrears with overdraft and as i fell behind with my loan with them due to job loss so they started taking any more i put in to pay loan an overdraft. i stopped using that account but as youve guessed they just keep adding more an more charges.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/autolinker/images/link3.gif[/img] request to the address off my credit filelink3.gif. the response as come from natwest @ birmingham collections]

Hi, it needs to go to

Joyce E Tudor

Regulatory Risk

Business House B

PO Box 1000

Edinburgh

EH12 1HQ

Copy her on the SAR you sent to Birmingham. Attach a letter, stating that they did not comply, failed to provide any documents, but did bank the £10 cheque.

Also, resend a letter to Birmingam, informing them that you have resent your request to the banks Data Controller, informing her of there failure. Again request that this department supply you with all data they hold on you, including a copy of your "Diary Event History". Any breach will be reported to the Information Commissioner.

Debs