SNOW DAYS - Holidays entitlement taken away from me - Advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone thanks for taking the time to read this thread

Ok well whats happened is I was absent from work for 4 days due to the bad weather when it was snowing and phoned work on all days off to let them know that i tried to get to work but it was too dangerous and I got stuck in the snow

That was back in december but now I was told by my manager that the 4 days I had off will be taken off my holiday entitlement or I will not get paid

HR had no policy for days off work due to bad weather and now they have one they are trying to get that back dated and I need to know if this is allowed because I find it unfair

Any advice is more than welcome

Sorry, but the answer to this one is very simple - yes they are allowed to do this. Your only right to pay is if the employer prevents you from attending your workplace - if you don't attend, whatever the reason, then you have no right to be paid. So you either have o take holiday or go without pay.

Sadly agreed. A big talking point over the period of bad weather, but the employer is well within their rights.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Some employers will allow staff to make up time, some will give the option of unpaid time off however others just take it from your holiday entitlement (or part paid and part unpaid if you don't have sufficient paid holiday left). All are available options and it just depends who you work for as to what they choose to do.

Would be nice to have the option though...

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

For info, this is addressed on the Direct Gov website as it is a very difficult issue all round. Sadly, those employers who do try to not penalise their employees for circumstances beyond their control seem to be few and far between.