• Tweets

• Thanks for that. I will give them till Tuesday. Thanks for your help, very much appreciated. 
    • Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
    • its not about the migrants .. Barrister Helena Kennedy warns that the Conservatives will use their victory over Rwanda to dismantle the law that protects our human rights here in the UK.   Angela Rayner made fun of Rishi Sunak’s height in a fiery exchange at Prime Minister’s Questions, which prompted Joe Murphy to ask: just how low will Labour go? .. well .. not as low as sunak 
    • From #38 where you wrote the following, all in the 3rd person so we don't know which party is you. When you sy it was your family home, was that before or after? " A FH split to create 2 Leasehold adjoining houses (terrace) FH remains under original ownership and 1 Leasehold house sold on 100y+ lease. . Freeholder resides in the other Leasehold house. The property was originally resided in as one house by Freeholder"
    • The property was our family home.  A fixed low rate btl/ development loan was given (last century!). It was derelict. Did it up/ was rented out for a while.  Then moved in/out over the years (mostly around school)  It was a mix of rental and family home. The ad-hoc rents covered the loan amply.  Nowadays  banks don't allow such a mix.  (I have written this before.) Problems started when the lease was extended and needed to re-mortgage to cover the expense.  Wanted another btl.  Got a tenant in situ. Was located elsewhere (work). A broker found a btl lender, they reneged.  Broker didn't find another btl loan.  The tenant was paying enough to cover the proposed annual btl mortgage in 4 months. The broker gave up trying to find another.  I ended up on a bridge and this disastrous path.  (I have raised previous issues about the broker) Not sure what you mean by 'split'.  The property was always leasehold with a separate freeholder  The freeholder eventually sold the fh to another entity by private agreement (the trust) but it's always been separate.  That's quite normal.  One can't merge titles - unless lease runs out/ is forfeited and new one is not created/ granted. The bridge lender had a special condition in loan offer - their own lawyer had to check title first.  Check that lease wasn't onerous and there was nothing that would affect good saleability.  The lawyer (that got sacked for dishonesty) signed off the loan on the basis the lease and title was good and clean.  The same law firm then tried to complain the lease clauses were onerous and the lease too short, even though the loan was to cover a 90y lease extension!! 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

hfc bank Court Papers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3987 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had court papers in from messenger at arms regarding a credit card from HFC Bank

Sent CCa request eirlier in the year and got a form in with my name and address Hand written on the top , up to date T & Cs and no sighiture of mine anywhere

I put the account in dispute

They admit in a letter they cant find my original agreement but say that a reconstituted copy is sufficient to proceed with court

They confirm the account was opened on november 1999 marbles card

Im in scotland and have received a Citation where a time to pay may be applied for and I have 21 days to reply or defend the action

Looking for a bit of sound advise, If i defend , On what basis do i defend as they have no signed agreement

Many Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Jamanji,

I am movving your thread to the Scotland forum for ease of help.

Can you post up or scan the POC's deleting any personal info?

What type of action is it? Small, summary cause or ordinary?

They need the original to go to court.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

can you post up what they have put in the particulars of claim please?

when did you last make a payment towards the debt?

have you recevied a default notice?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

ok - it works like this - they can file court papers without the agreement and hope you don't defend but if you do defend you request a copy the agreement and they will need this to proceed - if you can scan up the Poc's on Monday and the default notice - i think you have a good case if they do not have the original agreement:

Do you have a law centre near you?

Were you paying any PPI on the card?

Once we have all the details up on Monday can call on the troops :-)

In the meantime some weekend reading for you:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?195822-M-amp-S-amp-more-court-papers-received%28Scotland%29-**SUCCESS**&highlight=

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?180427-rrfcfan-in-court-with-WF-All-on-again&highlight=

Alos in the meantime you need to send this to the sols and keep a copy for yourself:

In the XXXX Sheriff Court

Pursuer -v- (YOUR NAME)

Claim Number: (CLAIM NUMBER)

Dear Sirs

REQUEST FOR INFORMATION

I have today received a court claim from your firm as referenced above. In order to file a defencelink3.gif and counter claim I require some further information from you. Given that this matter is now the subject of legal proceedings, I request you to provide me with the information and documents detailed below.

I request that the information should be furnished within fourteen days of the receipt of this letter. If you fail to comply, it may hamper proceedings and result in me filing an unnecessary defence or counter claim.

1. You are requested to supply me with a true copy of the executed credit agreements to which you refer to in your claim together with any terms and conditions that applied to these accounts at the time they were opened and at the time of alleged default. In this respect, your attention is drawn to the compliance of such documentation as prescribed under Section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (herein referred to as “the Act”).

2. All records you hold on me relevant to this claim, including but not limited to:

a. Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your firm.

b. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account formerly held with name of bank/company.

c. True copies of the default notices.

d. Details of any collection charge added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

e. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

f. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

g. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal datalink3.gif and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

h. Copies of statements for the entire duration of the credit agreements.

3. Any other documents you seek to rely on in court.

I must advise you that if the information is not forthcoming, it may delay or frustrate the equitable resolution of this matter and result in unnecessary cost for both parties.

In relation to the above, I draw to your attention to my previous correspondence with your Client and the numerous agencies that they have instructed in relation to this matter.

Your Client has not fulfilled their obligation under Section 78(1) of the Act. The documents previous provided to me under a Subject Access Request do not conform in form or content to Section 60(1) of the Act and as such are not enforceable under Section 127(3) of the Act.

I also refer you to the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1553). These regulations set out the form and content of agreements. For an agreement to be compliant with the regulations it must embody within the agreement, the prescribed terms laid out in the SI1983/1553.

Your attention is brought to the fact that I have requested such documentation from your Client and their agents in relation to this matter. Should your Client continue with this action this documentation will be brought to the attention of the Court and my previous attempts to avoid legal proceedings.

Edited by IdaInFife
updated 2b

Thanks Inda,

No law centre but have my own family lawyer if required,

Will check the PPI on this card ,I did pay PPi on other cards and will start a claim against them soon,

Do i send that last letter to HFC bank solicitors?

I Will post the other Docs on Monday

shlanji Jamanji

yes post it to the sols recorded or special delviery

It would seem to me that without a signed agreement that they dont have a hope.

I wont go into all the details of this, but lenders have been trading on the Carey decision which allowed lenders to send a reconstituted version of an agreement

(the sort of "here's some T&Cs with your name and address typed on it for you" crap that they have already sent you).

Lenders will tell you that as far as the courts are concerned this is satisfactory. And so it is - but only for a s78 request. That is ALL.

Sending out computer dumps of T&Cs with your name at the top doesnt make the account any more enrforceable that it was without this.

So, I would suggest advising them that while they might have satisfied your request for a copy of your agreement under that section,

what they have sent doesnt even begin to satisfy s61 1a of the Act which requires the prescribed terms to at least be in the same document

(I would argue on the same page) as your signature.

If they dont have this then the court is specifically prevented by s127 (3) from issuing an enforcement order.

My view is that this is a fishing expedition.

Most (90%?) of these cases are undefended and the court simply issues the order - they will be hoping you are one of the 90%.

Some other points for you to think about

in raising the action, they have averred (given an assurance) that the agreement exists.

Now they will be able to show lending, but can they show the agreement? Its perhaps a legal nicety, but still something to poke them with

1. I am indebted to means2anend for pointing this out in post 3388 (its a long thread) here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?240186-Dissecting-the-Manchester-Test-Case....&p=3269191&posted=1#post3269191,

that in s108 of his judgement in Carey that HHJ Waksman said

"'108.-Accordingly, I conclude that Reg. 7 requires a copy of the executed agreement in its original form

as well as a statement of the terms as they are at the time of the request.'"

Thus, if HFC have sent back only one set of T&Cs they cant possibly have satisfied even s78, far less s61

- that alone should prevent them from bringing an action against you (though it probably wont).

Moreover, as m2ae points out, the burden of proof to show that they have copied the original agreement is on the lender

- that, for instance, its not some set of T&Cs they have just pulled out of a cupboard.

i would also suggest you have a read at

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?269529-Creation-Financial-Services-and-Court-*WON*&highlight=afw

which covers very similar issues.

But Ida is quite right - we need your pocs otherwise we are shooting in the dark.

Thank you SFU

I appreciate all the help i can get so thanks so much to Ida and yourself for to me valuable inmformation,

I am trying with no success to upload all the docs , i will need to get help with this from someone as im thick with computers as you can tell

The agreement i have is t&cs , a hand written name and address on it and nothing more

I will keep trying to upload the docs till i get it right

Many thanks jamanji

Yes we can see them

still need the particulars of claim

Hi There,

The case is an ordinary action and gives me to the 8thof feb to lodge my intend to defend, I have a time to pay direction or time order if i wish to apply for payments, There initial writ explains a notice of default was served in terms of section 87(1)of the Consumer credit act 1974 on august. It states i failed to comply and the account was terminated. It reads that as per terms of the said agreement intrest is due at the raTE OF 15.9% from August

Nothing about no valid CCa supplied Lol

I hope this helps with some advise so i can go farward with a defence

Please advise if i should download any more info

Many Thanks Jamanji